Greatest Comback game the Bills vs Oilers replayed on NFL network at 5

Does anyone rember what they were doing during this game?

I know i was watching it on TV in my room that i rented waiting to go to work but ended up being an hour late because the second half was so incredible to watch i couldnt leave my house till it was over.

Does anyone rember what they were doing during this game?

I know i was watching it on TV in my room that i rented waiting to go to work but ended up being an hour late because the second half was so incredible to watch i couldnt leave my house till it was over.

Listening on the radio... It was blacked out locally and I didn;t have a ticket.

I was at the game.

And why should anyone believe me over the 500,000 other people who have said that they were at the game? I was lucky enough to have a box seat on that day.

28-3 at halftime, so what. No way i was going to pass-up free chicken wings, roast beef, pizza and drinks. ;)

I still went nuts, though, in that third quarter. When I was driving home i called my buddy who was sitting in another section and left the game at halftime (by the way, my cell phone back then was almost the size of a one liter bottle today) and I could not stop screaming to him about "The greatest comeback in NFL history!!"

What i really miss is that I lost my VHS tapes that i made of Gameday later that evening.

I never get tired of watching it. Somewhere buried in a box in my attic is my ticket stub. I also had a "Drill the Oilers" posterboard sign from that day that I lost when I took it to Tennessee years later for the game-that-shall-remain-nameless.

Man, that was the first NFL game I went to (I was 9 then). My Dad bought tickets midweek; I remember being so overwhelmed the first time I entered the Stadium. It just seemed so massive.

My Dad wanted to leave, but being my first NFL game, there was no way I was going to leave early. So we hunkered down and I remember the guy who was sitting next to me pretty much threw me up in the air when they won the game. It was freaking amazing.

My most prized sports collectible is the ticket stub, subsequently signed by Frank Reich.

That's actually the reason I joined this forum, as Fezmid was making copies of the DVD at cost. I bought that one along with the 51-3 game for my Dad on Father's day.

Me & my friends were 19yrs old at the time. That was the first year we got season tickets. We sat in the tunnel side endzone back then. For some reason the lady who took our order gave us tickets in the last row upper deck. Needless to say we were not to happy. When it was halftime - down 28-3 3 of us wanted to leave. The fourth guy said "come on, we spent $30 on these(which was alot of money for college kids working 15 hrs a week) lets just stay for the 3rd quarter. When that guy int recihs pass to go up 35-3 some of the people started flocking to the gates. I remember when K Davis scored the bills first td, we looked down at the stadium(we were in the top row) my friend looked at me in disgust & said "you know the pathetic thing about this whole situation is that 60,000 morons in this stadium actually think we could win this game".

Funny thing being at the top row, you could see outside into the parking lots & the fences, when the bills started coming back, people were just hopping the fences & the security were pretty much helpless because there were so many people doing it. Man what a game, what an atmosphere, I could remember it like it was yesterday.

I was watching the game on TV...and getting really pissed off....at half time I lit a bunch of candles on top of my tv stand just below my Jim Kelly poster (I know he wasn't playing but it was worth a try) in a shrine to get the team rolling. After the pick for a TD I didn't think it was going to work, but obviously it did! I was late for work that day and my brother was calling me (worked with me) asking when I was planning on showing up, the boss was not happy. I told him I was about to see the greatest comeback ever and I wasn't going to miss it. I was worth it.......

I just watched the comeback 2 nights ago on DVD.....man so many things had to go our way for that to happen, I will never get tired of watching that game. Wish I was there.

Go Bills!

It still wows me that a playoff game was blacked out.

Remember back then keep in mind that the stadium held 81,000 & the fans at that stage were rather spoiled. It was the tail end of our run, the team made 2 super bowls the prior years & backed into the playoffs as a wild card. I know right now most fans would give their first born for a wild card team, but back then the bills had a winning atmosphere & a wild card was deemed a disapointment.

Remember back then keep in mind that the stadium held 81,000 & the fans at that stage were rather spoiled. It was the tail end of our run, the team made 2 super bowls the prior years & backed into the playoffs as a wild card. I know right now most fans would give their first born for a wild card team, but back then the bills had a winning atmosphere & a wild card was deemed a disapointment.

And they had lost to the Oilers the week before, plus Jim Kelly was out with an injury.

I was at the game too. After the interception starting the second half we walked down to the endzone to chat with some friends and hung out there until Davis scored - I remember all these people throwing confetti and streamers to celebrate what seemed like could easily be our only touchdown.

Once we recovered that onside kick and scored again I really felt like we were going to win. Greatest game ever.

I was at the game ... in the endzone (non score board). I remember after we got the two quick TD's and stuffed the Oilers I used my binoculars to look over at Warren Moon walk up to their running back (Brown?) riding the bike. I could clearly see him say "What the *#*$@*& happened?" and he had this look of total confusion. I turned to my buddy and said "We are going to win this freaking game". Was screaming so much I lost my voice mid way through the 4th. People were just going nuts ... I never hugged so many strangers in my life.

I had an extra ticket and tried to get ahold of a buddy of mine to go. Couldn't get him so I ended up eating the ticket. He's still mad at me to this day ;).

Man...if we had only won the SB that year it would have been the most incredible playoff story. Greatest comeback ever. Beat Miami in Miami for the AFC Championship. And then I got to go to the Bowl that year to see them finally get one on the third try.

Freaking 52-17. Ruined it all.

Man, that was the first NFL game I went to (I was 9 then). My Dad bought tickets midweek; I remember being so overwhelmed the first time I entered the Stadium. It just seemed so massive.

My Dad wanted to leave, but being my first NFL game, there was no way I was going to leave early. So we hunkered down and I remember the guy who was sitting next to me pretty much threw me up in the air when they won the game. It was freaking amazing.

My most prized sports collectible is the ticket stub, subsequently signed by Frank Reich.

That's actually the reason I joined this forum, as Fezmid was making copies of the DVD at cost. I bought that one along with the 51-3 game for my Dad on Father's day.

Hi I'd ,love to buy copies of each of those games. Can you PM me on how to get my hands on some copies? (I was at the 51-3 game <_<

Hi I'd ,love to buy copies of each of those games. Can you PM me on how to get my hands on some copies? (I was at the 51-3 game <_<

Yeah same here I would love to get my hands on some copies of those games, I'd be gladly willing to pay. A PM would be appreciated!

Great story! What a great first NFL game to attend!

I recall watching it on TV (the blackout zone probably didn't extend all the way through Rochester back then, or else I was able to pick up the Syracuse feed through our antennae). I watched every minutes of the game, as I do for all Bills games.