What does your name mean?

BillsFanM.D.

mine is the same as my aim SN.. four years ago before i joined the coast guard i thought it would be cool to have a coast guard sn so SAR stands for search and rescue the MAN then USCG and 07 is the year of my end of enlistment.......... the more i think about the less i like it but im too lazy to change it i guess.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promo The Robot was a character from a kids cartoon show on Channel 7 when I was growing up in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's. I chose that as a name because only someone who shared that experiece would get it. My avatar is the original "plywood box" Promo. Over the years they updated his look, but old school Promo was the best.

PTR

I almost forgot about Promo, wasn't Danny Thomas on that show also or was that something else? Thanks for reminding me how old I am.

Some names on here are clear: John from Hemet is from Hemet and named John. I'm a fan of the bills who was crazy enough to go to med school. Kelly is a completely objective canine. Others are a mystery....please feel free to explain.

Ah, another M.D. fan. Good to have you on board.

Just an old nickname, by the way.

Does It Better Sexually

Just kidding......Dibs comes from.....ahem.....yes...OK, it does come from that book but it was more that I was studying it at the time & played a lot of video games. I needed initials to type in when I got(continually) high scores & since I don't have a middle name I adopted Dibs(Dib)......which has been my call-sign ever since.

I had a choice between "Herd of Buffalo Bills" and "Heard of Buffalo Bills." I chose Heard of Buffalo Bills because anyone that knows anything about football has "Heard" of the Buffalo Bills. I also favored this version because it symbolizes to me as being part of a great group of football savvy fans, especially Buffalo Bills fans. Go Bills!!!!!!!!

I occasionally make an appearance before an important Bills' announcement.

A small bay in the eastern basin of Lake Ontario, up in Jefferson County. Up where the skies are clear, the air is scented with pine and cedar.....and the blackout rule doesn't apply, like it does down in Utica. Funny - I didn't realize Utica was only 75 miles from the Ralph......