Those frisky bears

K-Gun10

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2771399

I personally feel bad for rivera, any opionons on this?

Hmmm. Sounds like they feel comfortable having Babich run their defense.

Lat year Jauron wanted to interview Babich for our Defensive Coordinator position.(before Fewell)

Chicago stepped up to the plate and blocked it by promoting Babich "in title" and giving him more cash.

In a surprising move Ron Rivera is not going to be retained as a DC for the Bears.... I am surprised with this decision!

And yet the guy that wanted to keep Grossman as the starting QB is still employed

I'm kind of surprised since the Defence was so good, but I guess it depends on if what the article says is true, and that the defence is mostly Smith's doing.

he'll catch on somewhere. My guess is either as HC or DC in San Diego

Tho I wouldn't feel bad if Fewell got axed and we brought in Rivera

Fewell won't get axed, if anything they try to bring him in as an assistant to Fewell if no one else brings him in, and he won't be the HC in SD, they already hired Turner

Fewell won't get axed, if anything they try to bring him in as an assistant to Fewell if no one else brings him in, and he won't be the HC in SD, they already hired Turner

He won't be coming to Buffalo as an assistant.

Even if he doesn't get hired as a coordinator somewhere-

he will go to a team as an assistant head coach or consultant and we would easily be outbid for his services!:lol:

In a surprising move Ron Rivera is not going to be retained as a DC for the Bears.... I am surprised with this decision!

And everyone here calls Wilson cheap....The Chicago bears went to the super bowl and is yet to show the money to the HC and is now ready to not even offer a contract to the DC...

I think Rivera wants money similar to what Williams is getting in DC and what was given to Capers in Miami and the Bears are balking at that price...some where in the 2M range....

He won't be coming to Buffalo as an assistant.

Even if he doesn't get hired as a coordinator somewhere-

he will go to a team as an assistant head coach or consultant and we would easily be outbid for his services!:lol:

May be the Redskins will hire him as the 4th defensive coordinator of the team and give him the 2M that he wants....

Hmmm. Sounds like they feel comfortable having Babich run their defense.

Lat year Jauron wanted to interview Babich for our Defensive Coordinator position.(before Fewell)

Chicago stepped up to the plate and blocked it by promoting Babich "in title" and giving him more cash

The Bears are notoriously cheap. People think the Bills are cheap? Chicago with much higher revenues does not have the same excuse.

" Ron Rivera, who has interviewed for nine head coach positions in the NFL over the past two years but landed none of them, is poised to become a man without a job."

I don't know about chew, but if my boss knew I interviewed for 9 other positions in the last two years and there was no opening for me to advance within my company... can you say "pink slip?"

The Bears probably went into the playoffs thinking it was a done deal that Rivera would take another job.

They obviously made arrangements.

It didn't happen on his timeline.

Now it's happening on theirs.

" Ron Rivera, who has interviewed for nine head coach positions in the NFL over the past two years but landed none of them, is poised to become a man without a job."

I don't know about chew, but if my boss knew I interviewed for 9 other positions in the last two years and there was no opening for me to advance within my company... can you say "pink slip?"

The Bears probably went into the playoffs thinking it was a done deal that Rivera would take another job.

They obviously made arrangements.

It didn't happen on his timeline.

Now it's happening on theirs.

Maybe it's a similar situation to the one we had with Jerry Gray.

They might have been "somewhat courteous" not to let him go while he was interviewing for head coaching jobs.

Now that the opening are filled, the Bears pushed him over the cliff.

Might he want to come be DJ's asst HC? I know he wants a lot of dough, but he will be worth it to whatever team brings him in.

We already have an asst HC...April