Best Restaurant you've eaten at

bills_fan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I've done a lot of research over the years so this is tough, but I'd like to break it down into three categories:

Low End/Family - Theatre Restaurant in Attica. My dad's place in the 70's and 80's. Just a bit biased.

Mid Level - Whiffenpoof (weird name) in Miami. First nice restaurant I took my wife too. Sometimes it's about the company and not food or service.

Hight End - Aqua in the St. Regis in Dana Point. Hope to change this to the French Laundry later this year.

DiCamillo's Bakery for Dessert!

DiCamillo cheesecake... Yum. :lol: (I grew up in NF,NY - and my grandmother actually lived right across the street from a small DiCamillo - since gone - on 20th street. We used to get fresh bread all the time from there).

For me, Khan's Mongolian Barbeque is the best. It's a stir fry where you go up and put your food in a bowl (they have a ton of meats/seafood, vegetibles, two types of noodles, etc), you pour the spices you want on at the end, and then you hand it to a chef to cook for you. Get back to your table and the waitress has brought rice and these little biscuits with hot honey and sesame seeds in the middle. Yummy. If you're a pig, you can go up for seconds during dinner, but I'm such a regular I can stack the food quite high with only one trip through :thumbsup:

CW

Won"t repaet what is in the tipping thread, but by far for me the French Laundry.

Next In Order

1) Inn at Little Washington

2) Per Se in NYC

3) Mini Bar in DC

4) Citronelle in DC

5) Gordon Ramsey Claridge London

6) Picaso at Bellagio Las Vegas

7) Millies in Richmond VA

Millies gets major negative points for being damn near impossible to get inside the building, as there are only three tables in the place...

Some joint a block or two off Bourbon down in the French Qrtr. Best lunch/dinner I ever had. Couldn't find it again with a map and a compass but maybe if I led off with another dozen whiskey and cokes I'd stumble into it again......

Millies gets major negative points for being damn near impossible to get inside the building, as there are only three tables in the place...

While I can agree with this, Millies still rocks!!!!!!

For those of you in Hampton Roads may I reccomend [post=<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object&gt]Stove[/post] located in Port Norfolk.

Some joint a block or two off Bourbon down in the French Qrtr. Best lunch/dinner I ever had. Couldn't find it again with a map and a compass but maybe if I led off with another dozen whiskey and cokes I'd stumble into it again......

I'm sure I've eaten there and five other places just like it. Like you, I couldn't pick any of them out without being pickled from a trip to Patty O's first.

For whatever reason, I'll take the prime rib at the Conesus Inn over anything I've had anywhere on the planet.

It's a 3-way tie:

Buzzy's Pizzeria

The Como Restaurant

Whistle Pig

Niagara Falls, New York, USA

Excellent choices.....!!!!

While we were dating in HS., I took Mrs. Lew to John's Flaming Hearth for Valentines Day..

Donna Felicias in Lewiston was very good too.

When I was a kid my parents took me to Commanders Palace in New Orleans.