Best Restaurant you've eaten at

bills_fan

The tipping thread got me thinking...since we have folks from all over the country, name the best restaurant you've eaten at, or your favorite restaurant (it may be the same).

Mine is the now closed Le Cirque 2000. IMHO, the greatest dining experience you could have. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable and atmosphere was so over-the-top fantasic; a perfect mix of the old world New York Palace and a trendy, uposcale restaurant. It was an event unto itself. The bar was always packed (and was huge, it attracted a well-heeled after work crowd). The crowd was full of whos who. I was friends with the bartenders, I was never charged for a drink in the place (believe it or not), but always left an extremely large tip. I miss the place.

Honorable mentions...

La Grenouille in NYC

La Vie en Rose in St. Martin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly a restaurant, but if anyone ever does any traveling to Ireland, there is a hotel/resort in County Clare called Dromoland Castle. Converted castle with an amazing golf course. But anyway, I had dinner there several years ago and it was by far the best meal and service I have ever had. If anyone is ever in that area for a vacation, I can't recommend at least a one-night stay highly enough.

DROMOLAND

Another favorite is Tommaso's in Brooklyn. Nice, cozy Italian restaurant with an amazing wine list. My uncle is pretty tight with the owner so it's always a nice time. Food is excellent.

TOMMASO'S (review)

Also, if anyone hear makes it out to a Notre Dame game ever, definitely check out Tippecanoe in South Bend. Very good steakhouse and it is a converted mansion formerly owned by the Studebakers. Excellent atmosphere and very good steak. I'm not sure if it is NY steakhouse standards, but it is pretty damn good. However, make your reservations way in advance otherwise you will not be able to get in during a football weekend.

TIPPECANOE

Won"t repaet what is in the tipping thread, but by far for me the French Laundry.

Next In Order

1) Inn at Little Washington

2) Per Se in NYC

3) Mini Bar in DC

4) Citronelle in DC

5) Gordon Ramsey Claridge London

6) Picaso at Bellagio Las Vegas

7) Millies in Richmond VA

Charlie Trotter's, Chicago.

One place I always wanted to go, but have not made it there yet. I have been to to Charlie Trotters Steak in DC and was disappointed. Not so much on the food, but they advertised a chefs tasting menu, then didn't have it. Also, the wine list was just SO overpriced, most were at least 400% markup, with very little in the way of interesting wines.

But, I have heard his Chicago place is just outstanding

The tipping thread got me thinking...since we have folks from all over the country, name the best restaurant you've eaten at, or your favorite restaurant (it may be the same).

Mine is the now closed Le Cirque 2000. IMHO, the greatest dining experience you could have. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable and atmosphere was so over-the-top fantasic; a perfect mix of the old world New York Palace and a trendy, uposcale restaurant. It was an event unto itself. The bar was always packed (and was huge, it attracted a well-heeled after work crowd). The crowd was full of whos who. I was friends with the bartenders, I was never charged for a drink in the place (believe it or not), but always left an extremely large tip. I miss the place.

Honorable mentions...

La Grenouille in NYC

La Vie en Rose in St. Martin

Loved it there, stayed in the Palace once. What is the restuarant there now? BTW, is their place in the Bellagio still open?

Loved it there, stayed in the Palace once. What is the restuarant there now? BTW, is their place in the Bellagio still open?

I haven't been over there. Apparently, Le Cirque got into a dispute with the Palace over rent. So, Sirio closed Le Cirque for almost a year, recently opening the new location at Beacon Court. The dining room is very nice, the bar is 1/3 the size of Le Cirque 200. I may be in the minority, but I feel he lost something with the move, its just agreat restaurant, not an event anymore.

Le Cirque