Coy gets re-signed

Glad we resigned him. He's still a decent #3 option a Strong Safety and can play LB IF we need him too. But what he's really good on is special teams. He's awesome.

I'm not sure he'll be able to play SS next year, he said he is going to put on some LBs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have no real big problem with this. Coy wire isn't anything great but he did do well when we played a 4-4-3 defense in run packages where closer to the LOS he tackled a lot better then I remember in the past. Also moving to lb he'll be better able to cover in space against rb's in the flat then deep zone covering wideouts. He'll never be mistaken for a Lance Briggs or Derrick Brooks, but for what he is most likely depth could do a hell of a lot worse.

I understand your point...but I do not agree with it 100 percent about not looking at LB in the draft....it depends on who is available...if there is a guy who is too good to pass up at a certian point in the draft and if he happens to be a LB, grab him. You can never have enough good LB's IMO.

As for Wire, I am glad he is back, because he really wants to be here. And he has shown signs of improvement, and he is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team.

How anyone can be upset with this move is beyond me.

Exactly. Someone who really wants to be in Buffalo is the attitude we need in more players.

I'm going on record to say that if Coy "Arm Tackle" Wire ends up in a starting position for us at LB then we're screwed. Feel free to throw this post back in my face at some point if I'm wrong.

Yeah if he ends up a full time starter you can pretty much bank of him being a weak link but using him situationaly and on st's and out of coverage situations it's not a bad re-signing.

Serves 'em right!

Wussies can't handle the big bad cold weather!

Exactly. I was in Miami for the December 25th Monday night game between the Jets and Fins. It poured from the start to the finish. How is it that all the woosies who pay 1000 bucks a ticket can't stay till the finish as a poor puck like me who pays 75 bucks.

I'm going on record to say that if Coy "Arm Tackle" Wire ends up in a starting position for us at LB then we're screwed. Feel free to throw this post back in my face at some point if I'm wrong.

I really hope we can.

Yeah if he ends up a full time starter you can pretty much bank of him being a weak link but using him situationaly and on st's and out of coverage situations it's not a bad re-signing.

But, it was only rain, and it wasn't even cold out. Quit being a baby.

Coy Wire is not the cause of global warming.

i've never been a big fan of coy wire outside of special teams duties, where he's clearly an important cog. I've seen him get juked out of his jock too many times. I don't think he's a wrap up tackler, I don't think he's instinctive, and I don't think he has good hands to take advantage of the INT opportunities he's had in spot duty. But apparently a group of men who have more knowledge of the game and the team disagree with me, so I'll defer to their judgment here and hope for the best from him. He's a good guy, I just hope that he's a better LB than he was a SS. We do need depth there, there's no doubt about that, and this scheme does call for lighter, faster LBs, so I'm sure Wire is thanking Tony Dungy for the major trend he's started in the NFL.

That's right b!tches....he's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. The C to the O to the Y is in the hizzzouse! Now someone best stop combining this with some damn thread about the weather. Coy Wire deserves his own thread. I put the Special in Special Teams and I provide the "Male Heat" in your girl's dreams.