Anyone got a good Recipe for Chicken Wings

JimBob2232

I have been tasked with bringing the chicken wings to the big game this year. I wish to make them in a crock pot so I can bring it along and keep them warm during the game. Any good crock pot recipies out there? Ideally I would have 2 types, One a traditional spicy hot wing, and the other a sweeter bbq, honey, etc. type of wing. Any suggestions?

Yeah, figured id get these replies! I know, i know...but in reality, if I make real wings, they will be cold by the time they are served. Perhaps I can deep fry them and then toss them in a crock pot just to keep warm... I dont know. Really the host should be doing the wings and I can make something else...but alas, its not to be....

Yeah, figured id get these replies! I know, i know...but in reality, if I make real wings, they will be cold by the time they are served. Perhaps I can deep fry them and then toss them in a crock pot just to keep warm... I dont know. Really the host should be doing the wings and I can make something else...but alas, its not to be....

I deep fried buffalo wings, drained them, and put them in tightly sealed aluminum pans on the day before a game, with just enough sauce to baste them. The next day we reheated them (still covered) outside on a wood fire (Rich Stadium in the snow) and added more sauce.

No one complained, and we finished off at least ten pounds of wings. :unsure:

Cook all the wings the traditional way, and reheat the bbq/honey ones in a crock pot, but put the hot ones on a cookie sheet or deep boiling pan, and douse with sauce in a hot oven at the party.

Should come pretty close to "fresh".

I have been tasked with bringing the chicken wings to the big game this year. I wish to make them in a crock pot so I can bring it along and keep them warm during the game. Any good crock pot recipies out there? Ideally I would have 2 types, One a traditional spicy hot wing, and the other a sweeter bbq, honey, etc. type of wing. Any suggestions?

I used to do a recipe that I believe consisted of wings, a jar of plum sauce and a few tablespoons of five-spice salt. Put it in the crock pot and let it go. It has a very good asian flavor. You could add some asian hot sauce if you want to spice it up, but if I want "hot" wings, then buffalo style is best. These satisfied my asian tastebud...

I always bake my wings after frying them. The oven temp is real low- like 300 degrees and I warm them up for 20 minutes. If you leave them in there longer they get hotter. You could always fry the wings, then heat them in the oven whenever you need them

Put them on a cookie sheet and reheat in the oven after arriving. I do it every year. But you have to deep fry the wings in oil to have real wings that people expect and love !

I'm bringing wings to a party as well. The night before, I bake mine at 225 for 3 hrs. I promptly bathe them in Franks and melted butter. I do approx 10lbs. Put them in a large tupperware container and refrigderate. Once at the party, I'm equipped with shallow tins. I broil them for 10-12 minutes then splash more Franks on and serve. Delish! :unsure:

Do not call them wings unless they are deep fried and you use Frank's. Anmything else is not real wings. I used to bring about 70 wings to the company pot luck. I deep fried them the night before. About a half hour before before the lunch, I would heat them in the microwaveand melt the butter in the Franks. Shook the wings and served. They all went.

I repeat BAKED wings are NOT wings. They are a pale imitation of the real thing.

Well, why not avoid the mess and stink of deep-frying and find a decent wing joint along the way, and buy a bunch?

Well, why not avoid the mess and stink of deep-frying and find a decent wing joint along the way, and buy a bunch?

Because I live in Virginia! I'll try frying them normally and then throwing them under the broiler for a few minutes at the game...thanks for your help

Only fried. For the sauce I use a base of Franks, a little red wine, half a stick of butter, nutmeg, garlic, black pepper, cayenne to taste. After cooking the sauce for about 20 min mix a little corn starch in water and add a little bit at a time until you hit the desired consistancy. If you want to be really formal serve the wings with a rib spreader.

Because I live in Virginia! I'll try frying them normally and then throwing them under the broiler for a few minutes at the game...thanks for your help

JimBob, what part of VA ya in?. If your in Richmond, MOJO's has really good wings. Two locations one downtown near VCU, and one in the west end near on Patterson ave . Key to them is to the order the hots with LIGHT sauce. I have found what I dislike about most wing places in not so much the taste of the sauce, but that the wings are sitting in a pool of it and get soggy and drenched.

So you cant reheat in the oven? I have the same chicken wings recipe from 1978 Buffalo which I still use and it calls for finishing in the oven. The wings even get hotter the longer you bake them.

My recipe is basically deep fry wings, melt a stick of butter, add a big bottle Franks, pour melted butter and Franks sauce over wings and bake at least 20 minutes. Is this wrong? My wings taste pretty damn good and I always thought they were authentic. If not, please give me an authentic Buffalo wings recipe

So...how did they turn out? I'm interested to know how the broiler re-heat ended up.

Do not call them wings unless they are deep fried and you use Frank's. Anmything else is not real wings. I used to bring about 70 wings to the company pot luck. I deep fried them the night before. About a half hour before before the lunch, I would heat them in the microwaveand melt the butter in the Franks. Shook the wings and served. They all went.

I repeat BAKED wings are NOT wings. They are a pale imitation of the real thing.

I did as you said. Keep in mind, I stuck to my recipe but told the consumers that they were bologna sandwiches. Because, afterall, these were not wings I was serving, right?. The only feedback from said consumers were perplexing looks and comments such as ".....mmmm....these are some of the best wings I've ever had...."

I stayed true to your premise, however, and insisted they were bolgna sandwiches. In any event, they went fast and furious.

Maybe next year I'll make wings. :rolleyes:

FYI.....I would contend that MICROWAVING wings in any capacity for any reason would strip the nametag of "wings" from your dish. Don't you think?