Next head coach in Big D?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What????

Buffalo fans and media take a comment made by a player/coach and overblow it?

Thats never happened before :(

It wasnt overblown, he said the Colts & the Bills both didnt have a chance to make the playoffs. Well the colts won out & made the playoffs.

That was right after the RJ acquisition. Of course he was excited at the potential.

But Wade and staff quickly soured on Johnson. Once RJ was out for injury and they went on that run with Flutie, they benched RJ and stood behind Flutie the whole way. Turk Schnoert (the QB coach then and now), Pendry, and Wade were pretty much done with RJ after his first year. It was Ralph Wilson who made them start RJ for the playoff game... which goes to show where the real confusion was coming from regarding the QB.

Yeah right....I still remember that Press conference after the RJ trade....Phillips was all excited and said something like "Just as we had Marv Levy and Jim Kelly", I hope we end up with a Johnson and Phillips show".....

why would a guy who has failed in two previous stops as a head coach be considered again....they will probably add Norv Turner to the list too

has a failed retread coach ever worked out?

In hind site. I think Wade was a good HC, he had a winning record every year. Everyone learns from their mistakes, I think Wade would correct where he saw flaws in his HC duties and probably would be a better HC. So yes, I think retread HC's can get better.

You have to remember back then expectations were still very high for the bills. An 8-8 record(wade's last year) was unfathomable to alot of people. You take Phillips record back then & pin it on this franchise now & we are probably throwing a parade down mainstreet for the son of Bum Phillips.

There are reports now saying that the cowgirls were interested in trying to steal away Jeff Fisher from Tenessee, but the Titans refuse to let Jones talk with him and they are working out a long term deal

Weiss is not leaving Notre Dame, he even said so himself, at this moment I doubt even Jones money would pull him away. In college he is more under the radar and doesn't have t put up with guys like Owens.

Russ Grimm perhaps? This way if he flounders, Jones can fire him and entice Cowher in '08 without having to give up any draft picks, and there is some continuity in philosophy.

Russ Grimm just became the OL and Assistanct HC in Arizona....Arizona is going to have a very good offense....Grimm will build a very good OL there.

Cardinals | Grimm hired as assistant head coach/offensive line

Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:07:45 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals have officially announced the hiring of assistant coach Russ Grimm as the team's new assistant head coach/offensive line. Grimm and the Cardinals' new head coach Ken Whisenhunt worked together with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

How come nobody responded to my suggestion of Bill Cowher? The Steelers still own his rights, they'd trade that for a first rounder, maybe toss in a 3rd, and Dallas signs him to a 5 year 40-45 million dollar deal?

Then today I saw on ESPN that Cowher is being considered. He's a great coach. He'd kick TO right under his skirt till his string fell out.

How come nobody responded to my suggestion of Bill Cowher? The Steelers still own his rights, they'd trade that for a first rounder, maybe toss in a 3rd, and Dallas signs him to a 5 year 40-45 million dollar deal?

Because many people genuinely believe that Cowher is taking time off and won't be coaching this year. If Jerry Jones somehow convinced him to coach Dallas, they'd have to give the Steelers some compensation.

Then today I saw on ESPN that Cowher is being considered. He's a great coach. He'd kick TO right under his skirt till his string fell out.

He might be the only person on the planet that can do so.