Next head coach in Big D?

While the jury is still out on Jauron (I like him...), I would take Wade Phillips to coach the Bills, over anyone who has been in Buffalo since he was fired...Wade gets way too bad a rap...

I think Jauron has the potential to be a better HC.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to bet $20 it's Dan Reeves.

I like your thinking Jesus.

The Cowboys do have alot of talent. Parcells is a tough act to follow-

but a veteran like Reeves with his coaching credentials and Dallas pedigree would make a fine choice IMHO.

The link below has his coaching record.

He's no Hank Bullough

"I would take Wade Phillips to coach the Bills, over anyone who has been in Buffalo since he was fired...Wade gets way too bad a rap..."

Wade is not a head coach. He can't keep things under control. He allowed the RJ/Flutie thing to divide the team. He doesn't take criticism well, and he did not give 'squat' about special teams. He was a decent game day coach... that's all all give him credit for as a HC

I will laugh my ass off if he becomes the next HC in Dallas... handling TO, Terry Glenn... that will be a great side show.

Hey, I didn't say he was the best coach ever, but certainly more effective, and smarter (I think) than Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey. Whether it was his assistants, or him, I never thought the Bills were better coached, post-Super Bowl era, than they were under Phillips.

Perhaps you are right about his weakness at handing guys like Owens, but the guy was a very good X's and O's guy, something the Bills have never had a lot of. When he was our DC, and our HC, the Bills made the best in-game adustments. I think a team could do a lot worse than Wade.

If Wade gets the job (and I am not convinced he will), I would bet Norv Turner is his OC.

Dan Reaves is too old at this point...and hardly the kind of coach who would allow Romo to flourish.

Yes it was a Monday night game against the Colts and the Bills had a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. It was wrong of him to say that, but way overblown.

He was a great head coach, with his main mistake being the hiring of Ronnie Jones as ST coach. Were it not for Ralph Wilson, he would have cut ties with Rob Johnson much earlier.

What????

Buffalo fans and media take a comment made by a player/coach and overblow it?

Thats never happened before :worthy:

Hey, I didn't say he was the best coach ever, but certainly more effective, and smarter (I think) than Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey. Whether it was his assistants, or him, I never thought the Bills were better coached, post-Super Bowl era, than they were under Phillips.

Perhaps you are right about his weakness at handing guys like Owens, but the guy was a very good X's and O's guy, something the Bills have never had a lot of. When he was our DC, and our HC, the Bills made the best in-game adustments. I think a team could do a lot worse than Wade.

If Wade gets the job (and I am not convinced he will), I would bet Norv Turner is his OC.

Dan Reaves is too old at this point...and hardly the kind of coach who would allow Romo to flourish.

I don't think Norv will leave San Fran unless he gets the top job in Dallas.

How could Norv leave Frank Gore????? (I love Gore...I had him on my fantasy team this year-he was a beast!!!)

What????

Buffalo fans and media take a comment made by a player/coach and overblow it?

Thats never happened before :worthy:

:lol:

I don't think it was overblown at all. The head coach of the team gave up on the season before he was mathematically out of it. And not only that, but he was PROVEN wrong by the team they were playing that night. How could that even be overblown?

Again, I'm not arguing how he is as an X's and O's coach. But what he said, IMO, was unacceptable from anyone in the organization, especially the HC.

It's highly unlikely that Jerry Jones will bring in a head coach that will demand a larger say in the direction of the organization (personell decisions). He did that with Parcell's and that didn't work. Look for him to bring in a guy that knows the pecking order in Big D and that would be Norv Turner. Jerry's comfortable with him and he's an O guy that can continue to bring Tony Homo along. If you want a good laugh check out Drew Bledsoe's spoof blog on Romo at www.tonyhomo.com

Being a Bills fan in Big D I wish nothing but failure on the Boys. It would be a great early Christmas present if they'd bring in Mularkey!

Who will coach that disfunctional team now? Im not a Parcells fan at all but the deck was stacked against him when TO arrived and started up with normal behavior. Hurt in training camp- riding the stationary bike with a helmet etc. The overdose sorry the alleged overdose. Who would want to step into that situation. Not to mention having an owner who gets involved in everything- start this person, bench this guy. You would have to be a fool to go there and coach.

Nice post Chipsky, I was worried up until Parcells' resignation about playing the Cowboys next year.

Unless they hire another disciplinarian coach for next season I think TO will have a field day.

I bet they win 6 games next season, one of which will not be agains the Bills.

Wade Phillips most definitely will not be the next HC of the Dullas Cowgirls.

He doesn't wear a headset, and that's a prerequisite for getting the job.

Look what happened to Marty again this year. He didn't wear a headset either.

Jerry Jones will wear a headset on the sidelines in Big d before Wade does.

That was Ralph's fault. None of the coaches on Wade's staff wanted RJ around except for the guy who wrote the big fat checks.

Yeah right....I still remember that Press conference after the RJ trade....Phillips was all excited and said something like "Just as we had Marv Levy and Jim Kelly", I hope we end up with a Johnson and Phillips show".....

If they had kept that 9th pick and had Flutie start they could have had even better success.

It's too bad Jerry Jones can't PICK one like Bob Kraft.

I just wonder how many coaches are desperate enough to take the job to put up with Jerry Jones' meddling and grandstanding and Terrell Owens' attention wh*re antics.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Jim Mora, Jr. try to get out of his contract as an assistant with Seattle to take this job if offered. He strikes me as the type.