Willis is a choirboy

Albany,n.y.

How about Travis Henry? He plead no contest to a sexual charge with a 15 year old and was suspended for marijuana use after we traded him.

Yep.

I'm sure they could have gotten more for him in a trade if he didn't already have "2 strikes" against him. This is a perfect example of the critics of the Bills not knowing really knowing what's going on behind the scenes. At the time, the Bills couldn't come out and say "we're having a hard time getting good value for Travis Henry because he has failed 2 drug tests".

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you said is about half of my point. My point is that people are getting all moral on Willis because of the 3 kids and the Buffalo stuff because of his lack of production.

But, then the other group brings Marv in saying he wants players of high character. Obviously, Marv knows how to look the other way like the rest of us when a player is producing. To use Marv's words on character as an excuse as to why Marv should get rid of Willis is absurd. The only character Marv is looking for is football character, he doesn't judge players by how many unmarried kids they produce or if they say dumb things to the media. His closest friend in the NFL once said the infamous "get out of town" stuff to the media & Marv was not offended.

Marv was the coach, not the GM. He had to coach the players he had (great players). Now, he's in a position to pick his "type" of players.

And you make a good point. But the fact that Willis is more hype than substance definitely makes all this other crap off-the-field harder to take. And there is absolutely no way I can ever forgive that stupid "Bills should go to Toronto" comment, no matter how Willis' people try to spin it.

If WM had run like he did 2 years ago or even ran for 1200 yds this season there wouldn't be as much criticism of him on or OFF the field. If he put up LT stats, NO ONE would care how many kids he had with different women as they did balls he carried into the end zone; you know like those who didn't care how many kids Moulds was producing as long as he was producing on the field!

Bingo. I wish this response could be pinned or appended to every WM character-related post.

• 3 weeks later...

Who is for "banishing" him? He's just not worth top running back money until he performs like a top running back. The fact that he is an irresponsible a-hole has nothing to do with whether he can play. He gives a pro-bowl performance next year we'll negotiate. with him. Doesn't mean he isn't an a-hole.

So, as explicitly evident by 90% of these responses here, you guys could care less if Willis said these things about Buffalo, if he were great on the field. Which, of course, means you're complete and utter hypocrites. What he said means zero to you, only his production. So why whine about it or criticize him about it one second? Unless, of course, you want to start defending the stance that people can be total azzholes as long as they are great players. That's some good dern thinkin'. Lets get T.O. here. Git 'er done, Marv.

How does he compare ON THE FIELD with those guys?

Oh yeah... that doesn't matter in this thread, does it?

To all the people who want Willis out of town, did you also want the guys who formed the core of the 1990s teams gone too?

Jim Kelly-Claimed to have cried when the Bills drafted him, had run-ins in bars (One example:the time he trew a drink at a woman), didn't originally sign with the team, complained in public to the media about his RT after a 1989 injury, his 1st child was born prior to his marriage.

Bruce Smith-Suspended 4 games in 1988 for drug violation (presumed to be cocaine), fell asleep in his car because of "sleep apnea", almost never participated in any voluntary drills & did his best to avoid camp whenever possible, signed with Denver forcing the Bills to match that contract or lose him.

Darryl Talley-Arrested for DWI while a Bill (I heard that the cop was going to let him go, but when the cop told him he would help get Darryl home, Darryl replied that instead he wanted to go to the policeman's house and have sex with the cop's wife, the cop then arrested him)

Corneilius Bennett-Convicted of forceable sex with a woman after he left the Bills.

Eric Moulds-Numerous children, allegedly attacked girlfriend including lifting her by the neck in the 1990s.

and of course, a Bill from an earlier era: O.J. Simpson-did cocaine numerous times while an active member of the team and you all know what happened later.

So, before you demand that Willis be banished because he isn't high enough character for Marv & the Bills, you better look at what the Bills have accepted in the past. The character Marv is looking for is in the lockerroom & on the field. Under your character standards, we wouldn't have fielded a competitive team in the 1990s. Players like Reich, Kelso & Tasker are the exception, not the rule.

Be careful, little fella, you're treading dangerous ground.

:wallbash:

hey, thats what i was told back then by a couple of different nurses (independently of each other). but it also goes to show, even if its false(which i hope it is) that the fans have been coming up wth stupid crap to trash our star athletes with all the way back to those days.

I'm not defending all the stupid stuff those great Bills did off the field, in fact thats a whole different topic for another day

But back to the original post, people don't want Willis out of here because he has bad qualities in his personal life, people just want him out of here because he is not a great running back and he is going to want too much money. Why is that so hard to understand? As far as trying to compare him to those other guys, here's the major difference...those guys wanted to win at all cost and always left everything on the field(except when they were too hungover in the Super Bowls), they loved to play football and played with passion. Willis on the other hand comes off as being very disinterested.

But back to the original post, people don't want Willis out of here because he has bad qualities in his personal life, people just want him out of here because he is not a great running back and he is going to want too much money. Why is that so hard to understand?

Then all those folks (led by Jerry Sullivan & the WGR boys-the ones who really annoyed me on this issue) who use his off the field stuff as a reason for Marv to dump him for virtually nothing in return should not use his 3 kids or say they're offended because they feel he's disrespecting Buffalo as an excuse for their true feelings. They should just say what you said above and leave the 3 kids & the Toronto stuff out of it. Instead they use that stuff to demand that the Bills give Willis away. The dumbest ones are the "Waive Willis" crowd.

Then all those folks (led by Jerry Sullivan & the WGR boys-the ones who really annoyed me on this issue) who use his off the field stuff as a reason for Marv to dump him for virtually nothing in return should not use his 3 kids or say they're offended because they feel he's disrespecting Buffalo as an excuse for their true feelings. They should just say what you said above and leave the 3 kids & the Toronto stuff out of it. Instead they use that stuff to demand that the Bills give Willis away. The dumbest ones are the "Waive Willis" crowd.

I agree with that

I like Willis, people calling for him to be traded because they think they can read his mind and knows what he thinking are morons. I'm glad Marv pays zero attention to such blather.

The only thing Willis needs is a very strong power back to call on in those 3rd and short situations, Willis is more of a shifty RB than the power North South runner.