The Official 2007 American Idol Thread

Rico

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all about Sanjaya. I don't watch the show though--I just vote. If the show rigs him out, that's some serious bullstojan.

I'm with you <_< Seriously, it may be a train wreck, but every week I'm laughing my ass off during his performance. Now with the Howard Stern effect as well as votefortheworst.com conspiring against a rigged "system" I'm all about seeing him move on.

My bottom 3 this week:

1. Gina - butchered it and must be punished.

2. Lakisha - arrogant in ignoring the song advice given her by Lulu, and her performance suffered horribly because of it. She needs to pay a price - her song was one of the all time worst in Idol history and was unwatchable.

3. Phil Stacey - sorry, the guy just looks weird and just creeps me out.

I'd add Blake because I don't like his jelly legs and his vocals were weak last night, but we'll save him for another time since I did like the way he modernized his song.

All you perverted bastards need to lay off Haley! I claimed her first. I am the ONLY perverted bastard that gets to gawk and talk dirty about her! :lol:

Good luck with that :w00t:

What was up with that kid who had the F'd up looking hair? I think they said his name was Sangaya? The last part of that name sounds about right. If that is what an American Idol looks like ... no thanks!

As one of the devoted readers of Johnny Coli’s episode summaries last season, I’ve been Jonesing for a snarky weekly recap. So I guess it’s time to take matters into my own hands…

American Idol Season 6

Air Date: 27-Mar-07

Guest Coach: Gwen Stefani

Pop Music night started with Lakisha Jones, or as I like to call her, La Quiche á Jones, doing the disco diva thing. Wearing an awkward dress made from my Uncle Morty’s bathroom wallpaper, and with her lower legs packed like lamb shanks into giant leather boots, La Quiche á looked almost unrecognizable. But her vocals were spot-on as usual, so she’s safe from having to go back home to The Bank.

Next up was Chris Sligh, or as I call him, Lardy McBrillopadd, straining every fiber in his jiggly throat to hit the high notes of a Police song. It was a tough night for Lardy, and it was clear that even he thought he sucked. I feel bad for him, what with having to overcome the disabling obstacle of being a muppet. When Paula said that Lardy’s lack of rhythm was “an eyesore for the audience”, I’m pretty sure she was saying he’s ugly. (Not sure, though. Anyone here speak Paula?) Looks like it’s back to the video store for you, Mr. McBrillopadd. Maybe they’ll at least give you a “Chris’s Faves” rack where you can spotlight such classics as The Matrix and The Muppets Take Manhattan.

The third contestant was Gina Glocksen, or as I call her, ‘Gina (just cuz her name looks kinda dirty with the apostrophe). ‘Gina sang a drippy ballad while shrink-wrapped into a dress made from my chiropractor’s waiting-room window treatments, accessorized by Goth boots and her infected pierced tongue. I think the judges said she sang well, but I was too distracted by the way the dress made her look like a transsexual or drag queen. I’ve been wondering what ‘Gina’s audience voting demographic was, but know I know: the tranny glam hag demographic. That’s a very powerful voting bloc in Middle America, and it will carry ‘Gina through to next week.

Next up was Sanjaya Malakar, or as I call him, Sangria Shemale-akar. The light and fruity Sangria again showed his, um, er, versatility? in his stylistic and musical choices. Atop his head was a poofy headdress originally worn by a horse pulling Julius Caesar’s chariot, perhaps to provide Sangria some vertical stability so the wind wouldn’t blow him over. Musically, he had the, um, er, balls? to perform a No Doubt song. You could tell by the tone of Gwen Stefani’s comment that she was stupified, and perhaps a little creeped out, by Sangria’s initial run-through of the song. I’m convinced that the producers are putting Sangria up to all this weirdness for comic value. Alas, he too will receive overwhelming support from the tranny glam hag demographic and will probably be back for more opportunities to play dress-up in front of millions of viewers.

The fifth performer was Hayley Scarnato, or as I call her, Gams O’Do-me. She again mistook American Idol for Miss America, giving a pageant-worthy ballad performance in a clingy dress with her trademark elastic hemline under her buttocks. Sure, she’s easy on the eyes, but we have to admit that Gams is walking on the precipice of elimination, preparing for the fork in the road of her future: doing the weather on the 6:00 news, or doing Playboy. Or both. The clingy dress will ensure her another week on the show, but the end is nigh.

Next was Phil Stacy, or as I call him, Paler Sailor, singing the Police. Besides his creepy eyes that look through your television screen directly into your soul, Paler was actually pretty good this week. Not sure what his demographic is, but I’m sure it has something to do with those eyes, and I’m pretty sure they’ll vote him through to next week.

Number seven was Melinda Doolittle, or as I call her, Ebony Neckless. She laid down the gauntlet in the ongoing chubby-diva-duel with La Quiche á by singing a disco song too. Score this one for Ebony, who looks more like a star every week. I have to say, though: her doe-eyed humility schtick during the judges remarks is getting really old. Each week it looks more fake and leaves me convinced that on the inside, she is an egotistical, pompous a$$. Nonetheless, Ms. Neckless continues her onslaught toward the season finale.

Next up was Blake Lewis, or as I call him, b’shicka-b’shicka-b-b-lake, attempting to prove that he doesn’t have to beatbox every week. Sorry, b’shicka, your Cure song was dreadfully boring and the only thing that kept me awake was my anticipation of the beatboxing… which never happened! What a ripoff! Stick to what works, b’shicka, and while you’re at it, stay away from the vintage 1983 clothing, mmm-kay? We don’t need another Anthony Federov. Fortunately, you’re safe to b-b-b-beatbox again next week, so grab a seat next to Ebony Neckless.

The number nine spot was Jordin Sparks, or as I call her, Sparky Permasmile. Like Sangria, Sparky chose a No Doubt song, but unlike Mr. Shemale-akar, Ms. Permasmile actually kinda pulled it off. Sparky also chose the 1983 look, but in her case, it was the 1983 fifth-grader look, which was an almost uncomfortable contradiction with the Hey Baby lyrics. Eeew. Anyway, America hearts Sparky so she’ll stick around for quite awhile. She better -- she’s my pick in the office American Idol pool.

Closing the show was Chris Richardson, or as I call him, Justin Noseflute. Singing yet another No Doubt song (residuals for Gwen, anyone?), Justin reminded us why he’ll someday be the spokesmodel for Flonase nasal spray. Poor guy, what with all that mucous in his sinuses. I mean, I’m assuming he has a lot of mucous, because man, he sure sounds like he has a lot of mucous. Randy and Paula were both entranced by Justin’s dreamy sparkly eyes and inexplicably gave him rave remarks. Looks like Paler Sailor’s eye-based voting demographic will be pulled in by Mr. Noseflute as well, giving him at least one more week to wow us with his wow-less-ness.

Will Lardy McBrillopad really be sent back to Sesame Street Video? Or will Gams O’Do-me finally take those phone calls from The Weather Channel and Hugh Hefner? Or will the tranny glam hag demographic not be enough to carry Sangria Shemale-akar and ‘Gina? Find out tonight… after the break.

Chris Sleigh. The Jack Osbourne look alike.....

Bummer. He was my favorite contestant this year. I didn't think he would win, but I was looking forward to him sticking around until the top 5.

I missed last night and tonignt but my wife told me he wasn't very good last night. Although not "worst" bad.