One thing I gotta say...regarding Losman and the

I have seen Losman absolutely destroyed this past year by critics over:

- Inaccurate throws

- Supposid no pocket presense

When you sit down and watch other QB's for once because your team is not longer in the playoffs.....I saw those other QB's make those exact same mistakes.....

It really makes you wonder if people are just wanting something to B word about....I am not saying Losman didn't make mistakes...I am saying that other QB's that are supposed to be "better" making the exact same mistakes.

In the NFL, you basically earn "get out of bad play" mulligans after you've hit some of the recognizable benchmarks: pro bowl, playoffs, SB appearances, etc. Losman will begin to get his share of this pie after next year when he leads this team into the playoffs. That's just the way it works.

I have seen Losman absolutely destroyed this past year by critics over:

- Inaccurate throws

- Supposid no pocket presense

When you sit down and watch other QB's for once because your team is not longer in the playoffs.....I saw those other QB's make those exact same mistakes.....

It really makes you wonder if people are just wanting something to B word about....I am not saying Losman didn't make mistakes...I am saying that other QB's that are supposed to be "better" making the exact same mistakes.

Yeah.....I am still waiting for these "Superstar" QBs to be better than average so far in the Playoffs. Off the top of my head in the games played so far, I can't think of 1 FANTASTIC QB performance.

Manning has been terrible for the most part, Brady did nothing to help his team beat SD the other day (that game is over if the CB doesn't fumble the ball after that INT), McNair looked washed up, etc. You could go on and on. If these are the QB performances it takes to get into and win Playoff games, we will be more than fine with Losman for the next 8-10 years!

I don't think any knock on Losman WRT accuracy holds any merit. His 1st yr of playing, yes, but not this year. All QBs are prone to being inaccurate when rushed.

As for pocket presence, I think he's still deficient. Hopefully, that will improve w/ experience.

I think Rich Gannon made some great points about Losman in the regular season finale against the Ravens. The kid has grown by leaps and bounds from last year to this year. His accuracy has definitely improved, as he completed a nice 60+ percent of his passes this year. However, his accuracy could still stand to improve in terms of hitting his receivers in the exact location to get better after-the-catch yardage. I also think that his pocket presence is getting better -- and should improve even more with better protection. The real key for him will be how well he starts reading defenses next season.

One thing that's killed me about Losman this year is...as soon as he throws a bad pick, everybody starts in with the "he locks onto receivers" garbage. You know what? He does it once in a while. And guess what? Nearly every other quarterback does it, too. I've watched all of them do it this year. Brady, Manning, Favre, and whoever the hell else you want to name.

Losman threw a few bad picks this year, but in all he didn't throw very many. I've seen some horrible throws from the best QBs as they stared down their receivers, too.

One thing that's killed me about Losman this year is...as soon as he throws a bad pick, everybody starts in with the "he locks onto receivers" garbage. You know what? He does it once in a while. And guess what? Nearly every other quarterback does it, too. I've watched all of them do it this year. Brady, Manning, Favre, and whoever the hell else you want to name.

Losman threw a few bad picks this year, but in all he didn't throw very many. I've seen some horrible throws from the best QBs as they stared down their receivers, too.

You're not kidding. Favre gift-wraps INTs with regularity, and has to an extent for his career. Fact is, once you've been branded a winner once, it takes an awful lot for people to believe that you're otherwise. Favre also had a penchant for making up for his mistakes and keeping his team in it despite them. Hopefully we can see that kind of progress from JP. Certainly some improvements to his supporting cast wouldn't hurt.

In the NFL, you basically earn "get out of bad play" mulligans after you've hit some of the recognizable benchmarks: pro bowl, playoffs, SB appearances, etc. Losman will begin to get his share of this pie after next year when he leads this team into the playoffs. That's just the way it works.

I think hits the nail right on the head. Peyton Manning has had two forgettable games in the playoffs (for his standards), yet is a win away from the Superbowl. Tom Brady had a bad game against San Diego and he's also a win away. Guys like this get a pass because of their resume.

Losman got better as the year went on, so there were no more calls for a new QB and Jauron went as far as naming him the starter 9 months in advance of Opening Sunday. Those who still thought in December that the Bills should draft a QB aren't paying attention. If JP starts the 2007 season on fire, he'll get national attention and his crappy games will soon be thought of as an "off day".

JP has thrown some extremely accurate passes this season.

He has also thrown some extremely inaccurate throws. I'm a big JP fan, but if he can work on his consistently poor sideline throws (into the ground or over the heads) and get rid of the ball faster (or run when the opportunity rises) he will be a top 5 QB.

If you look at the playoff #'s for Brady and Mannings they are dreadfull! I actually heard John Clayton talk about that this morning on ESPN and he said its due to the officials making calls on the DB's on the WR's with the bumps downfield.

Now, when it comes to Losman and when he had those numbers, it was cause he sucked.

But with Brady & Manning struggling its cause of the rules and refs.......

I think the stupid thing here is not the analysis of a particular play or game withing which Losman (or some other player) screwed up, but it is the typical TSW or fam over-reaction of a desire to cut a player or throw him under the bus because of it.

Such over-reactions simply make little sense in terms of team-building and player development.

I actually think WM is the current example of the media and some fans current whipping boy. I think most agree that his play has been sporadically good at best. I think most people would agree that his attitude toward women is horrendous at best and he is just plain horrible, negligent and near criminal as a Dad. Most agree that his fiscal and team location management advice is not appreciated at all at best.

However, all these things being said, the logical thing for the team to do given that he is under contract and his leverage to do something like a holdout is so low because he has failed to perform consistently is simply to stay the course.

Playing in his FA season next year gives him as much financial incentive to perform as he can have and if he does perform like the elite RB he wants to be next year we would still be in the drivers seat regarding handling him because of the franchise tag.

Losman sucked initially agreed, but wanting to cut him was silly. WM has sucked also in many ways, but wanting to cut him is also fairly silly. The team has far too many other needs for us to feel like we have the luxury of giving away our #1 RB in exchange for a speculative mid round draft pick.

I think the stupid thing here is not the analysis of a particular play or game withing which Losman (or some other player) screwed up, but it is the typical TSW or fam over-reaction of a desire to cut a player or throw him under the bus because of it.

Such over-reactions simply make little sense in terms of team-building and player development.

I actually think WM is the current example of the media and some fans current whipping boy. I think most agree that his play has been sporadically good at best. I think most people would agree that his attitude toward women is horrendous at best and he is just plain horrible, negligent and near criminal as a Dad. Most agree that his fiscal and team location management advice is not appreciated at all at best.

However, all these things being said, the logical thing for the team to do given that he is under contract and his leverage to do something like a holdout is so low because he has failed to perform consistently is simply to stay the course.

Playing in his FA season next year gives him as much financial incentive to perform as he can have and if he does perform like the elite RB he wants to be next year we would still be in the drivers seat regarding handling him because of the franchise tag.

Losman sucked initially agreed, but wanting to cut him was silly. WM has sucked also in many ways, but wanting to cut him is also fairly silly. The team has far too many other needs for us to feel like we have the luxury of giving away our #1 RB in exchange for a speculative mid round draft pick.

nice post....I agree with you.

I don't think Losman was attacked much as the season went on. Most of the national media has come around on him.

The national media doesn't watch the Bills game...They look up the scoresheet after the game....They see those 95 yard or 2INT and 1 Fumble game and chalk him up as having had

a bad game....(Mike Golic did that exactly during one of the weeks)....Later half of the season once Losman put on better #s, they started praising him again actually having not seen him.

The comments from the local media is more meaningful because they actually get to watch the Bills games to make judgements.

The main problem with the local media though is that their sports reporting get so driven by them saying or writing stuff to merely attract ears or eyeballs to their column or show that one hesitates to use the word journalism to describe their latest screeds or lack of analysis.

It would certainly be nice if one could get good information or a rational and somewhat balanced perspective on the Bills from the local media. its one thing to see their offerings when they come from us fans but really it is the media's job and they should answer to a higher standard.

Fix both lines. I don't think were going to get any better at TE.

I think we should try to get Eric Johnson from the 49ers. He had a fantastic year in 2004 with 82 catches for 825 yards, didn't play in 2005 and this year he had more catches as a second TE (Vernon Davis) than Royal had as the starter for the Bills.

He's a FA this year.

I think we should try to get Eric Johnson from the 49ers. He had a fantastic year in 2004 with 82 catches for 825 yards, didn't play in 2005 and this year he had more catches as a second TE (Vernon Davis) than Royal had as the starter for the Bills.

He's a FA this year.

The problem with Eric Johnson is that having played his career in the bay area, he will be reluctant to move to cold north. He will go to one of the west coast teams.