Jerry Sullivan gives it to Willis with both barrels

duey

this sullivan guy needs to get off willis' nuts. there was a very noticeable drop off when you went from willis (above average back) to anthony thomas (below average back) ... the last thing this fragile offense needs is to lose a run game. and his value goes beyong pure yardage stats ... he is clearly one of the best blockers in the league at his position. remember when he pancacked minnesota's 300+ pound NT wlliams? (i'm still chapped by the way that didn't show up on "jacked up.") you really want to take away this support from a fragile pass blocking Oline? willis has another year here and he will play hard knowing that at the end he can score big in free agency if he performs. when willis tries hard he goes from above average to one of the best (e.g. the game against Jets in New Jersey when he was trying to show up his buddy Vilma.)

One of the best blockers at his position? That's the most laughable thing I've ever heard.

One of the best?

Go back to sleep please, you obviously haven't watched a game in the past 2 years.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should trade him to New Orleans for Reggie Bush plus their first-rounder. Rosenhaus, GIT'ER DONE!

"when willis tries hard he goes from above average to one of the best (e.g. the game against Jets in New Jersey when he was trying to show up his buddy Vilma."

If only we could facilitate a trade for Vilma each week to the Bill's next opponent.

My thoughts:

1) Willis's off-field activities have nothing to do with his non-production on the field. Comments aside, he can't get it done.

2) There is nothing wrong with having children out of wedlock IF you are going to be involved in their lives.

No, Willis is not an axe murderer, but he is perpetuating a problem we have in this society. I personally work with African American mothers and their children in a very poor area of a large east coast city. It is rare for me to have a meeting with BOTH parents. It is always the mother and the children - no father to be found. Whose fault is this - that's another story altogether.

And when there is no father around, you see these kids get into drugs, violence, and teenage pregnancy - the streets become their fathers. It is very sad and the real losers of this whole Willis story is not the fans, the baby momas, Ralph, Rosenhaus, or Willis, but the kids who are now having to grow up without a fatherly figure - no matter how much money the courts throw their way.

And Willis is probably no different that at least 50% of the rest of NFL players.

My thoughts:

1) Willis's off-field activities have nothing to do with his non-production on the field. Comments aside, he can't get it done.

2) There is nothing wrong with having children out of wedlock IF you are going to be involved in their lives.

No, Willis is not an axe murderer, but he is perpetuating a problem we have in this society. I personally work with African American mothers and their children in a very poor area of a large east coast city. It is rare for me to have a meeting with BOTH parents. It is always the mother and the children - no father to be found. Whose fault is this - that's another story altogether.

And when there is no father around, you see these kids get into drugs, violence, and teenage pregnancy - the streets become their fathers. It is very sad and the real losers of this whole Willis story is not the fans, the baby momas, Ralph, Rosenhaus, or Willis, but the kids who are now having to grow up without a fatherly figure - no matter how much money the courts throw their way.

And Willis is probably no different that at least 50% of the rest of NFL players.

My thoughts have been with these kids as well. I wonder what it's like growing up knowing that your mother got knocked up by a guy you watch on TV playing football. Are they proud of it? Do they resent their "father?" Do they ever find out who he is? And what sorts of things does Mama have to say about him?

Between the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL one has to wonder how many professional athlete seedlings there are running around America. Heck, at this point, I wonder if current members of said leagues are, in fact, the offspring of wayward sports stars and NEVER KNOW.

don't be such a pc kitty.

these women are grown up and know about birth control. they also have the right to choose, and chose to have the child. they also knew they were sleeping with

a pro athlete with a big reputation as a hurricane and massive income potential. they are now getting a paycheck for 18+ years.

instead of waving around your little good guy badge why don't you take a look at this funny place called reality?

Holy crap! What are you...187?

You don't need to be politically correct to understand the concept of personal accountability. You find it easy to simply classify these women as money-grubbing whores looking to make a paycheck for 18 years, and yet you think the notion of holding McGahee accountable for this is lacking reality?

I guess Willis just wasn't thinking when he popped Stewie into 'Gina without a raincoat, huh? Just a little error? And the second time? Just another chick going for green. And the third time? Well, hell...how the hell was he supposed to know he could impregnate three different women with one pecker?

There are some downright moronic things posted during the offseason, but no one...nary a soul...will top this crap.

You don't need to be politically correct to understand the concept of personal accountability. You find it easy to simply classify these women as money-grubbing whores looking to make a paycheck for 18 years, and yet you think the notion of holding McGahee accountable for this is lacking reality?

I guess Willis just wasn't thinking when he popped Stewie into 'Gina without a raincoat, huh? Just a little error? And the second time? Just another chick going for green. And the third time? Well, hell...how the hell was he supposed to know he could impregnate three different women with one pecker?

There are some downright moronic things posted during the offseason, but no one...nary a soul...will top this crap.

LA. 2 of these women are school teachers. This would lead one to believe that they are educated and at least somewhat intelligent. Willis otoh, is probably not so smart, and I am being kind.

Willis (for the time being) is something of a star who makes serious money as compared to teachers. I don't think that it is unreasonable to suspect that one or both of these women is looking for a long term payday.

By the way, I couldn't care less. If he is stupid and undisciplined enough to go for it, he SHOULD pay.

If we are going to judge him in terms of morals, maybe we should do so in terms of how much time he spends with these kids. I (and I sense that you are too) am more concerned with the well being of the babies than I am with the plight of what appears to be 4 party animals. Neither of us know Willis, nor have any idea what his moral values consist of.

In terms of his future, I sense that he will wind up destitute. This doesn't concern me all that much to be perfectly honest.

LA. 2 of these women are school teachers. This would lead one to believe that they are educated and at least somewhat intelligent. Willis otoh, is probably not so smart, and I am being kind.

Willis (for the time being) is something of a star who makes serious money as compared to teachers. I don't think that it is unreasonable to suspect that one or both of these women is looking for a long term payday.

By the way, I couldn't care less. If he is stupid and undisciplined enough to go for it, he SHOULD pay.

If we are going to judge him in terms of morals, maybe we should do so in terms of how much time he spends with these kids. I (and I sense that you are too) am more concerned with the well being of the babies than I am with the plight of what appears to be 4 party animals. Neither of us know Willis, nor have any idea what his moral values consist of.

In terms of his future, I sense that he will wind up destitute. This doesn't concern me all that much to be perfectly honest.

Who do you think will be more destitute, Willis or TH? :cry:

No one is more destitute than the gambler who took San Diego this weekend.

If I recall, you're probably chomping at the bit for Manning to fall this weekend.

I'm not worried about PGump... the Indy D & especially Vinatieri scare me though in a close game.

I'm still all over the Pats +3, but will not bet as heavily on this game as I have in past years.

The one who uses the most drugs. What do you think?
Too early to tell. But TH is tough, I can see him sleeping on park benches and bumming money for a long, long time.

OTOH, I think Willis would fade away pretty damn quick. So I'd probably say TH, cause he'd be destitute a lot longer.

I could see Willis in a Raiders uniform. I would be happy with their second rounder, #33 overall.

Sorry to hear that, 'cause Willis ain't worth anything more than a 3rd rounder...maybe. I still think a 4th at best.

another rocket surgeon!!

i didn't say these women are whores anymore than willis is a lowlife.

i said it's their choice (they chose to have the baby, women have a right to choose in this country you know) to have the kid.

their choice = their baby.

simple