Willis crossed the line

McGahee also said he owes the Bills organization for taking a chance on him.

"I got a lotta love for Buffalo," he said. "I thank God for the whole situation. I'm trying to make them proud. I'm trying to do some things here."

Yeah, Willis Sucks. Let's trade him for a top 5 pick.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever. the "star" running back says that the bills should be the team that moves to toronto assuming toronto is going to get a team -- perhaps the dumbest thing any bills player has ever said -- and his defenders flock to him. why? do you have any countervailing evidence that he's not, you know, a moron?

So he's a moron. What's new? Everyone has known that for years. What's your point? You scream "MORON" and I say the average NFL player is not exactly a superstring theorist or a semantic tactician. That doesn't prevent some of them from being rather good. The question should be about McGahee's production or lack thereof. Screaming "MORON" sidesteps the question of his effectiveness on the football field, which, to this point, has been rather lacking, imo. So far, his special brand of "moron" has not produced consistent results on the football field. That is my problem with him.

So he's a moron. What's new? Everyone has known that for years. What's your point? You scream "MORON" and I say the average NFL player is not exactly a superstring theorist or a semantic tactician. That doesn't prevent some of them from being rather good. The question should be about McGahee's production or lack thereof. Screaming "MORON" sidesteps the question of his effectiveness on the football field, which, to this point, has been rather lacking, imo. So far, his special brand of "moron" has not produced consistent results on the football field. That is my problem with him.

i actually see your point, and I never really criticize players for their lack of intelligence off the football field. But McGahee has taken it to another level, to the point where he's actually a distraction (and you can bet he'll be booed by bills fans next year). I guess what I'm saying is that he has crossed a threshold that is only rarely crossed -- the threshold where innocuous stupidity transforms into public-arena stupidity, where a guy transforms from being a purveyor of uninsightful comments with an occasional minor legal slipup into a public fool. Unfortunately, he has crossed that threshold, and it will be an issue next year. The fans will be brutal, and assuming he's in Buffalo, he'll be battling it all year. When the year's done, I strongly suspect that he'll go and sign with someone else and pontificate about how lousy Buffalo is and how the media and fans are brutal.

For Sketch -- an act of God.

For Dawgg -- an act of Reading Comprehension.

I dare you to read the last sentence of my post. I dare you. Okay, I'll paste it in this one just for you: "No one ever thought McGahee was mensa material". I'll translate that for you: McGahee is not an intelligent human being. I wonder what it takes to, you know, convince people that they should read through the whole post before they respond....

So McGahee is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Everyone knows this and has known it since day one when he opened his mouth. What makes anything different now?

I don't have a problem with a guy who plays with 3 broken ribs -- why trade him when he is going to bust his ass in a contract year...makes no sense unless we are offered something of much greater perceived value than Willis is to the Bills. A second or third round pick is not a greater value in my mind..

I think Toronto is a nice city too. I stop short of wanting the Bills to move there however....

you dont know willis.

youve never met him.

he's never done anything to you.

stop judging his life.

THAT BEING SAID!...

he's an underachiever on the field. he doesnt run hard and therefore doesnt do his job well. he seems uninspired and from day one, when he flew in to Buffalo and was surprised he wasnt in NYC, has not wanted to be here.

i agree with trading him or keeping him and telling him to run for his money next year, then tagging and trading him or just letting him go whatever.

but as for everything NON-FOOTBALL related. get over yourselves.

Yes. That's what happens when someone creates a "new thread". Others read it and post their most salient reaction to the OP.

I find your kind of kneejerk Witch Hunt BS to be rather maudlin and overdramatic. As several people in this thread have noted, you failed to notice the two or three rather complementary comments he made about Bills fans etc., while also stretching the context of the disputed quote. You care more about stirring the proverbial pot than actual reasoned debate about a player's field worth/future benefits/pros and cons.

I find your head in the sand BS response to McGahee's remark to be rather obnoxious. It doesn't matter if he said a hundred complementary things about Buffalo and it's fans. Let me put it to you this way so that you may understand it a little better. Lets just say Willis was making a nice stew with a whole bunch of tasty meats and veggies. It smells wonderful and he's making it for the city of Buffalo and its fans. Yummy, yummy. Then Willis proceeded to pull down his pants and take a big dump in it. Would you still want to accept that stew? No? But there's still a whole bunch of yummy stuff in there. Do you get the picture now? This is what McGahee did when he said that the possibility of moving the Bills to Toronto would be a "good situation" and added, "if they're going to put a team there they should just bring the Buffalo Bills to Toronto. Case closed". I hope he just punched his ticket out of town and doesn't play another down for the BUFFALO Bills!

Thank you for spelling it out for Sketch and Peter to understand...

I find your head in the sand BS response to McGahee's remark to be rather obnoxious. It doesn't matter if he said a hundred complementary things about Buffalo and it's fans. Let me put it to you this way so that you may understand it a little better. Lets just say Willis was making a nice stew with a whole bunch of tasty meats and veggies. It smells wonderful and he's making it for the city of Buffalo and its fans. Yummy, yummy. Then Willis proceeded to pull down his pants and take a big dump in it. Would you still want to accept that stew? No? But there's still a whole bunch of yummy stuff in there. Do you get the picture now? This is what McGahee did when he said that the possibility of moving the Bills to Toronto would be a "good situation" and added, "if they're going to put a team there they should just bring the Buffalo Bills to Toronto. Case closed". I hope he just punched his ticket out of town and doesn't play another down for the BUFFALO Bills!

Hammer,

I totally agree unless we can get something for him. What does think his worth is right now....

Anything less then a 1st then I say let him ride it out.....

I'd take a second, but not a third (he's worth more than that). Traditionally, good running backs are to be had in the second round.

Having said all of this, I don't see anyone trading for a guy in the last year of his contract. I've been wrong before, however. He will certainly have an incentive to play hard for the Bills next year, although it'll be tough for him assuming he pays any attention to the fans/local media.

LOL, good analogy. I may never eat stew again!

Maybe what he was saying is that, IF the Bills were going to move (and that already was a given), the best place to move would be Toronto (as opposed to LA) because that would be best for Bills fans in Buffalo.

My family has been season ticket holders since day one. After my Dad died 20 years ago, I have continued to be a season ticket holder (even though I live all the way down here in Miami). If anyone had a reason to be offended by a comment regarding moving the Bills, it would be me.

The difference is that I am not going out of my way to be offended by a remark that is not being read by most of you in context. He said that he loves Buffalo. He thanks God about the situation. He wants to make the fans proud. The guy played half the season with three bad ribs and a bum ankle.

You negative nancy keyboard jockies really need to get a life.

And I certainly hope that Marv Levy in Co. use their heads and not their hearts and hurt feelings in assessing how best McGahee can help the Bills win, whether that being playing on the field or traded to another team or whatever. Pure zeal does not a playoff team make, and certainly stringing a player up by his ball hair for comments in a penthouse interview (that no one has even read fully, btw) is not the way to come to sound decisions about a football teams future.