Willis crossed the line

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was semi-amusing to read this thread and then go to TBD to look at the WGR comments as this all seems to be the usual much ado about nothing.

IMHO this is a better team with WM and A-Train than it is with A-Train and a draft choice at RB next year.

Further, the Bills have too many critical needs to fill (particularly if all the potential FA departures must be replaced) than to have to allocate any draft resources beyond a second day RB pick for development and certainly big FA money for new 16 game starter at RB (in fact if I have any problems with WM's play since we have him for such a cheap cap hit its that he unlike his first two years injury did not allow him to give us 16 games) is more than we wanna pay as we have other needs.

IMHO, the right answer is stay the course with WM. Let him play next year as a pre-FA year and see if this incentive gets even more out of him.

If he has another year with output like this year let him walk unless he agress to a cheap deal. If he actually has a top 5 RB total and Fairchild actually used what seems to be his potential as a receiver then either show him the money or tag him.

Anyone who sleeps with WM deserves what they get. Anyone who does to Mr. Mensa for financial perspectives also deserves what they get,

If he performs well on the field (which I hope he does as a Bills fan) I'm happy to root for this mental midget when he plays and ignore him when he talks. I did this with Jim Kelly and I can certainly do it with McGahee,

I highly doubt our "mensa" candidate is able to think quite so clearly. If you think those of us who are upset with the quote are reading too much into it, the same could be said for your response. I doubt practicality was his reasoning behind the statement. More than likely his thought process was something like this:

Perhaps I am reading too much into it. That's certainly possible. My point is that people are flying off the handle because "Mcgahee is a moron". Really? Are ya sure? Hardly a newsflash. There has been so much "Are the Bills going to move speculation?" around here from every corner that everyone is super sensitive to the least little twitch, and I can understand that as I would freak the phuck out if it did happen. But you got to keep things in perspective, imo...

"Damn there be some fly b*tches up there in Canada.. hells yeah the Bills should go there..." :D

LOL, maybe so....

Bump This sh--

Although I dont agree that he's played like he doesn't want to be here. I think hes played great when the team is playing well, when we're not he packs it in. However You're 100% right people need to get over themselves. He's no genius that's for sure, same as the majority of pro athletes who prepared themselves to play professional sports since Highschool. Academics takes a back seat to that.

Maybe what he was saying is that, IF the Bills were going to move (and that already was a given), the best place to move would be Toronto (as opposed to LA) because that would be best for Bills fans in Buffalo.

My family has been season ticket holders since day one. After my Dad died 20 years ago, I have continued to be a season ticket holder (even though I live all the way down here in Miami). If anyone had a reason to be offended by a comment regarding moving the Bills, it would be me.

The difference is that I am not going out of my way to be offended by a remark that is not being read by most of you in context. He said that he loves Buffalo. He thanks God about the situation. He wants to make the fans proud. The guy played half the season with three bad ribs and a bum ankle.

You negative nancy keyboard jockies really need to get a life.

From now on I will be sure to check with you before I get offended. After all if you are not offended by this remark I have no right to be.

you dont know willis.

youve never met him.

he's never done anything to you.

stop judging his life.

THAT BEING SAID!...

he's an underachiever on the field. he doesnt run hard and therefore doesnt do his job well. he seems uninspired and from day one, when he flew in to Buffalo and was surprised he wasnt in NYC, has not wanted to be here.

i agree with trading him or keeping him and telling him to run for his money next year, then tagging and trading him or just letting him go whatever.

but as for everything NON-FOOTBALL related. get over yourselves.

I agree :D This about sums everything up. It's about his football performance and if that can improve or if it can't/won't, what we do with him then. All else that doesn't have a direct bearing on this is immaterial.

You are going to run me off this board? Good one tough guy! I always get a kick out of the guys who make threats on chat board.

Just because Willis makes a good comment, doesn't mean nobody can take issue with other comments. The guy should know that as a member of the Bills, his comment about moving the team to Toronto would be met with anger...no matter what his intent was.

Cripple fight!

Maybe what he was saying is that, IF the Bills were going to move (and that already was a given), the best place to move would be Toronto (as opposed to LA) because that would be best for Bills fans in Buffalo.

My family has been season ticket holders since day one. After my Dad died 20 years ago, I have continued to be a season ticket holder (even though I live all the way down here in Miami). If anyone had a reason to be offended by a comment regarding moving the Bills, it would be me.

The difference is that I am not going out of my way to be offended by a remark that is not being read by most of you in context. He said that he loves Buffalo. He thanks God about the situation. He want to make the fans proud. The guy played half the season with three bad ribs and a bum ankle.

peter, i generally like your posts, but you're a miami alum. yes, there is way too much ill-informed negativity directed at the U, which is in fact a good school, so I can understand why you get so worked up about attacks on guys from the U. however, in this case, it seems as if your fond feelings toward your alma mater are confusing you. I mean come on: he said something that he's gotta know should never be said, and while you can twist it however you want, he basically said that he's ok with the bills moving to Toronto. As a Bills fan, and a Buffalo fan, is that not sacrilege to you? Maybe he's smarter than I think and is looking for the easiest way out of town, but whatever the case, that's pretty bad. And by the way, when Mcgahee contradicts what he just said, he's merely contradicting himself, not overriding what he just said about toronto and depressed buffalonians. you're giving him too much credit.

From now on I will be sure to check with you before I get offended. After all if you are not offended by this remark I have no right to be.

Which part are you offended by? The fact that he loves Buffalo? The fact that he thanks God for the situation? The fact that he wants to make the fans proud?

Go ahead and be offended if that is what you choose to do. Some people like to go out of their way to be or pretend that they are offended by things. What a waste of time and energy.

I choose not to waste my time being offended by something like this. I am happy that he loves Buffalo and thanks God about the situation.

The difference is that I am not going out of my way to be offended by a remark that is not being read by most of you in context. He said that he loves Buffalo. He thanks God about the situation. He wants to make the fans proud. The guy played half the season with three bad ribs and a bum ankle.

You're just not getting the magnitude of what Willis did with his comment. You might be in denial right now.

We ALL KNOW WHAT HE SAID already! Exactly where did I take McGahee out of context? Willis said IF, we know he said IF! I even wrote down that he said IF in my reply! Being supportive regarding the Bills moving ANYWHERE out of Buffalo is like taking a dump in the perverbial stew. He's a gonner and I will be very happy when he gets the boot.

I read in Hustler that Willis was trying to be a good father, and was making his daughter lunch. She asked for a grilled cheese sandwich, and Willis said, "What's in that?"

That's not all. I read an interview with Willis in Car & Driver where they asked what his favorite car was. He said a Range Rover. THAT'S AN SUV YOU MORON!

Get this idiot out of town NOW!!!

:D:blink::P

You're just not getting the magnitude of what Willis did with his comment. You might be in denial right now.

We ALL KNOW WHAT HE SAID already! Exactly where did I take McGahee out of context? Willis said IF, we know he said IF! I even wrote down that he said IF in my reply! Being supportive regarding the Bills moving ANYWHERE out of Buffalo is like taking a dump in the perverbial stew. He's a gonner and I will be very happy when he gets the boot.

No you guys took a hypothetical quote way out fo context and used it in this board's silly willis-bashing crusade.

Willis basically said "if i took a crap on the kitchen floor, i would pick it up and put it in the toilet." Then all of you willis bashers screamed "Willis plays with crap, he picks it up and plays with it all the time!"