Willis crossed the line

Don't get me wrong, I actually prefer Penthouse to Playboy, but I bet Playboy wouldn't bother to interview Willis.

And I don't care what he said before or after the fact. Saying the Bills should move is retarded. Having 3 babies out of wedlock with 3 different mothers is retarded. Saying you are the leagues best RB, also retarded. Saying you didn't know what down it was and then backtracking by saying it was a joke is retarded.

Anyone detecting a trend with Willis?

Yeah I am detecting a trend, well over 50% of the people on this board are bigger morons than McGahee! First of all he never said the Bills should move, he said if Toronto were to get a team it should be the Bills because there's no point in having a team in both places; neither team would have much of a fan base. His personal life is completely irrelevent, bringing that up shows that you don't really have any feasable arguments against him. He was ASKED who the best RB in the league is, what did you expect him to say LT? Of COURSE he's going to say that he himself is the best in the league, if he didn't he would get flamed just as much for having no confidence in his own ability. And about the down thing, so what he's an idiot stuff happens, that's one of those things that you should just get used to and ignore, and how do you know it wasn't a joke? You're just speculating. Can you tell me that you know for sure 100% that is wasn't a joke? Of course not, you just hate Willis so you assume the worst.

I highly doubt our "mensa" candidate is able to think quite so clearly. If you think those of us who are upset with the quote are reading too much into it, the same could be said for your response. I doubt practicality was his reasoning behind the statement. More than likely his thought process was something like this:

"Damn there be some fly b*tches up there in Canada.. hells yeah the Bills should go there..." :blink:

No, that's YOUR thought process.

i actually see your point, and I never really criticize players for their lack of intelligence off the football field. But McGahee has taken it to another level, to the point where he's actually a distraction (and you can bet he'll be booed by bills fans next year). I guess what I'm saying is that he has crossed a threshold that is only rarely crossed -- the threshold where innocuous stupidity transforms into public-arena stupidity, where a guy transforms from being a purveyor of uninsightful comments with an occasional minor legal slipup into a public fool. Unfortunately, he has crossed that threshold, and it will be an issue next year. The fans will be brutal, and assuming he's in Buffalo, he'll be battling it all year. When the year's done, I strongly suspect that he'll go and sign with someone else and pontificate about how lousy Buffalo is and how the media and fans are brutal.

But it's true... :D

I find your head in the sand BS response to McGahee's remark to be rather obnoxious. It doesn't matter if he said a hundred complementary things about Buffalo and it's fans. Let me put it to you this way so that you may understand it a little better. Lets just say Willis was making a nice stew with a whole bunch of tasty meats and veggies. It smells wonderful and he's making it for the city of Buffalo and its fans. Yummy, yummy. Then Willis proceeded to pull down his pants and take a big dump in it. Would you still want to accept that stew? No? But there's still a whole bunch of yummy stuff in there. Do you get the picture now? This is what McGahee did when he said that the possibility of moving the Bills to Toronto would be a "good situation" and added, "if they're going to put a team there they should just bring the Buffalo Bills to Toronto. Case closed". I hope he just punched his ticket out of town and doesn't play another down for the BUFFALO Bills!

In my opinon, your example sucks.

It's called using the pass to open up the run.

The only teams that need to do it have below average running backs.

We need to do it.

JP and Lee are the stars of this unit.

Much less Willis, much more JP.

Improve the line and Bledsoe will be a good QB...

Willis needs to put up, and shut the f*ck up.

You don't have a clue do you? No matter who the RB is you have to put the ball in the hands of the RB. Passing the football 50 times in a game will cost you more times than not.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have a clue do you? No matter who the RB is you have to put the ball in the hands of the RB. Passing the football 50 times in a game will cost you more times than not.

Yeah but when you have a useless RB sometimes you're forced to put the ball in the air. I say we keep him on the roster just for the 2 games against the jests every year.

Stop making sense!

You're a bigger moron than Willis!

Yeah but when you have a useless RB sometimes you're forced to put the ball in the air. I say we keep him on the roster just for the 2 games against the jests every year.

Precisely.

I do think bringing in a young undervalued RB from the draft (like a Travis Henry) will do wonders for this team AND Willis.

Bills fans react like that because they are absolutely heartbroken about him. They really thought they had something special in Willis, only to find out that he is just a flaky, underachieving douche bag. As a Bills and 'Canes fan, I'm equal parts embarrassed by him and for him. That said, he's under contract, he has the potential to be a good player, he has what would seem like a ton of motivation(contract year), the draft is not very strong at RB and the team has too many more pressing needs to address to trade the resident sperm donor for his 2006 value(low) when they are this close to putting a playoff team on the field for the first time this century.

Yeah I am detecting a trend, well over 50% of the people on this board are bigger morons than McGahee! First of all he never said the Bills should move, he said if Toronto were to get a team it should be the Bills because there's no point in having a team in both places; neither team would have much of a fan base. His personal life is completely irrelevent, bringing that up shows that you don't really have any feasable arguments against him. He was ASKED who the best RB in the league is, what did you expect him to say LT? Of COURSE he's going to say that he himself is the best in the league, if he didn't he would get flamed just as much for having no confidence in his own ability. And about the down thing, so what he's an idiot stuff happens, that's one of those things that you should just get used to and ignore, and how do you know it wasn't a joke? You're just speculating. Can you tell me that you know for sure 100% that is wasn't a joke? Of course not, you just hate Willis so you assume the worst.

No, that's YOUR thought process.

But it's true... :D

In my opinon, your example sucks.

What level of football did you play to?

Did it have more then 3 downs?

Don't question my football knowledge, and I won't question yours.

There are plenty of us here that have a clue, you're just an !@#$ who doesn't.

Putting the ball in Willis hands is as useless as the screen to Peerless that never f*cking works. (except one lucky TD)

He's a drive killer. You don't establish the run game with Willis, you kill any momentum a drive had.

I always try to see the players' side and think people on this board act like the moral police too much. But honestly, has any Buffalo athlete had more excuses made for them than Willis?

The fact is the people who defend Willis are the ones who ran Henry out of town. They say a bigger, shiner verison and can't admit they were wrong.

I won't defend Henry actions except to state that charges were never pressed against him. Willis has fathered 3 children, who will no doubt grow up without a full time father. To me, that's a scumbag.

Buffalo (stupidly) drafts him after his knee blows out and gives him the opportunity to be a millionaire when a lot of other teams won't. He shouldn't open his mouth with nothing but praise for the place that gives him this opportunity. I'm from Buffalo and love it here but I'll admit it does suck compared to Miami, LA, or NYC. But the last thing I wanna hear is some millionaire complaining about it. And if you can even defend that Toronto comment, you aren't truly a Buffalo Bills fan.

I'm all for separating an athlete's off the field activities with their play on the field. But I'm just sick of this dude and his hype. And the biggest problem I have is he isn't even that good. Good job running Travis out of here. It has worked out well. :thumbsup:

I find your head in the sand BS response to McGahee's remark to be rather obnoxious. It doesn't matter if he said a hundred complementary things about Buffalo and it's fans. Let me put it to you this way so that you may understand it a little better. Lets just say Willis was making a nice stew with a whole bunch of tasty meats and veggies. It smells wonderful and he's making it for the city of Buffalo and its fans. Yummy, yummy. Then Willis proceeded to pull down his pants and take a big dump in it. Would you still want to accept that stew? No? But there's still a whole bunch of yummy stuff in there. Do you get the picture now? This is what McGahee did when he said that the possibility of moving the Bills to Toronto would be a "good situation" and added, "if they're going to put a team there they should just bring the Buffalo Bills to Toronto. Case closed". I hope he just punched his ticket out of town and doesn't play another down for the BUFFALO Bills!

That may have be the wisest thing every written on this board. :thumbsup:

I always try to see the players' side and think people on this board act like the moral police too much. But honestly, has any Buffalo athlete had more excuses made for them than Willis?

The fact is the people who defend Willis are the ones who ran Henry out of town. They say a bigger, shiner verison and can't admit they were wrong.

I won't defend Henry actions except to state that charges were never pressed against him. Willis has fathered 3 children, who will no doubt grow up without a full time father. To me, that's a scumbag.

Buffalo (stupidly) drafts him after his knee blows out and gives him the opportunity to be a millionaire when a lot of other teams won't. He shouldn't open his mouth with nothing but praise for the place that gives him this opportunity. I'm from Buffalo and love it here but I'll admit it does suck compared to Miami, LA, or NYC. But the last thing I wanna hear is some millionaire complaining about it. And if you can even defend that Toronto comment, you aren't truly a Buffalo Bills fan.

I'm all for separating an athlete's off the field activities with their play on the field. But I'm just sick of this dude and his hype. And the biggest problem I have is he isn't even that good. Good job running Travis out of here. It has worked out well. :thumbsup:

The worst part is, wasn't LJ drafted behind Willis?

The same people that make excuses for Willis, couldn't name more then one offensive lineman that Johnson ran behind this year.

LJ was healthy, and a much better back.

Yet TD thought he was hitting a homerun by drafting a banged up Willis, ignoring a potential healthy stud.

The worst part is, wasn't LJ drafted behind Willis?

The same people that make excuses for Willis, couldn't name more then one offensive lineman that Johnson ran behind this year.

LJ was healthy, and a much better back.

Yet TD thought he was hitting a homerun by drafting a banged up Willis, ignoring a potential healthy stud.

Yeah, but LJ can't run against the wimpy Colts run D, so maybe he isn't good after all. :thumbsup:

I think Willis needs to step up in 2007 behind our revamped O-Line, and prove that he is a good football player, or else he is done in Buffalo. But it would take a great offer from someone else to consider anything other than rooting for Willis to touch the ball 25 times a game for the Bills next year.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

People were so quick to jump on Travis' dealings with underage women (even though it later came out that those girls LIED to him about their age and admitted as much).

Those same people harped on his stupidity and his inability to block.

Those same people will defend Willis to the grave.

I don't care about his personal life, but if he produced on the field as much as he does off the field then it wouldn't be a big issue. The guy is overrated because of his college accolades, which made him a big name. Just look at his productivity and thats all you need to know about willis mcgahee. We'll take a look just at this season from before the bye week (when the offense sucked) and post bye week when everyone can agree the offense and JP turned around:

Pre Bye Week:

@NE - 20 carries, 70 yards, 0 TD, 3.5 YPC

@MIA - 25 carries, 91 yards, 0 TD, 3.6 YPC

NYJ - 26 carries, 150 yards, 0 TD, 5.8 YPC

MIN - 28 carries, 78 y2ards, 1 TD, 2.8 YPC

@CHI - 14 carries, 50 yards, 0 TD, 3.6 YPC

@DET - 17 carries, 66 yards, 0 TD, 3.9 YPC

NE - 20 carries, 59 yards, 0 TD, 2.9 YPC

Post Bye Week:

GB - 4 carries, 15 yards, 0 TD, 3.8 YPC

JAX - 12 carries, 63 yards, 2 TD, 5.3 YPC

SD - 16 carries, 26 yards, 1 TD, 1.6 YPC

@NYJ - 16 carries, 125 yards, 1 TD, 7.8 YPC

MIA - 28 carries, 79 yards, 0 TD, 2.8 YPC

TEN - 22 carries, 95 yards, 1 TD, 4.3 YPC

BAL - 11 carries, 23 yards, 0 TD, 2.1 YPC

Pre Bye Week Totals: 150 carries, 564 yards, 1 TD, 3.76 YPC

Post Bye Week Totals: 109 carries, 426 yards, 5 TD, 3.9 YPC

The guy simply is not an elite back in the NFL, he doesn't have that homerun threat in him and he's not a guy that just grinds down a defense. His first season he ran hard broke tackles and moved the pile consistently but the last few years I, as an observant fan, have not seen the same thing out of Willis and it is clearly proven through his statistical production.

Soon the RQ will regress all the way to 3.5. At that time, God only knows what will happen.

But lets pile on willis!

I suppose this is your "attempt" at humor. You might notice a couple of things: 1) nobody's laughing, 2) the underlying phenomenon you're attempting to ridicule (the regression effect--a.k.a. regression toward the mean) has been described by people at Duke, Stanford, the University of Chicago, Berkeley, the EPA, the University of Washington, and even Ohio State.

In a test/retest situation, where the correlation coefficient between test and retest is less than one, those who obtain extreme scores on the first test will tend to score closer to the population's mean upon being retested. Your basic inability to understand so simple a concept is why your participation in the regression toward the mean thread was an utter failure.

Bills fans react like that because they are absolutely heartbroken about him. They really thought they had something special in Willis, only to find out that he is just a flaky, underachieving douche bag. As a Bills and 'Canes fan, I'm equal parts embarrassed by him and for him. That said, he's under contract, he has the potential to be a good player, he has what would seem like a ton of motivation(contract year), the draft is not very strong at RB and the team has too many more pressing needs to address to trade the resident sperm donor for his 2006 value(low) when they are this close to putting a playoff team on the field for the first time this century.

excellent post - said it better than i could.

I don't care about his personal life, but if he produced on the field as much as he does off the field then it wouldn't be a big issue. The guy is overrated because of his college accolades, which made him a big name. Just look at his productivity and thats all you need to know about willis mcgahee. We'll take a look just at this season from before the bye week (when the offense sucked) and post bye week when everyone can agree the offense and JP turned around:

Pre Bye Week:

@NE - 20 carries, 70 yards, 0 TD, 3.5 YPC

@MIA - 25 carries, 91 yards, 0 TD, 3.6 YPC

NYJ - 26 carries, 150 yards, 0 TD, 5.8 YPC

MIN - 28 carries, 78 y2ards, 1 TD, 2.8 YPC

@CHI - 14 carries, 50 yards, 0 TD, 3.6 YPC

@DET - 17 carries, 66 yards, 0 TD, 3.9 YPC

NE - 20 carries, 59 yards, 0 TD, 2.9 YPC

Post Bye Week:

GB - 4 carries, 15 yards, 0 TD, 3.8 YPC

JAX - 12 carries, 63 yards, 2 TD, 5.3 YPC

SD - 16 carries, 26 yards, 1 TD, 1.6 YPC

@NYJ - 16 carries, 125 yards, 1 TD, 7.8 YPC

MIA - 28 carries, 79 yards, 0 TD, 2.8 YPC

TEN - 22 carries, 95 yards, 1 TD, 4.3 YPC

BAL - 11 carries, 23 yards, 0 TD, 2.1 YPC

Pre Bye Week Totals: 150 carries, 564 yards, 1 TD, 3.76 YPC

Post Bye Week Totals: 109 carries, 426 yards, 5 TD, 3.9 YPC

The guy simply is not an elite back in the NFL, he doesn't have that homerun threat in him and he's not a guy that just grinds down a defense. His first season he ran hard broke tackles and moved the pile consistently but the last few years I, as an observant fan, have not seen the same thing out of Willis and it is clearly proven through his statistical production.

But everyone keeps telling me he's really good... I don't get it :thumbsup:

The funniest part is that the Bills offense got better in the second half. You would expect Willis' numbers to increase as well.

So now you're in charge of who is and isn't a true fan? Oh forgive me for sticking up for my running back, I guess I can't be much of a fan for sticking up for a player that's on the team.

What level of football did you play to?

Did it have more then 3 downs?

Don't question my football knowledge, and I won't question yours.

There are plenty of us here that have a clue, you're just an !@#$ who doesn't.

Putting the ball in Willis hands is as useless as the screen to Peerless that never f*cking works. (except one lucky TD)

He's a drive killer. You don't establish the run game with Willis, you kill any momentum a drive had.

So judging by the "3 downs" comment, you're questioning my football knowledge because I'm from Canada and support the CFL, correct?

It's basic knowledge, you HAVE to run the football to be successful no matter what league, no matter what level, no matter what country, it's a two way game and you will not win without a balanced selection of run and pass. It doesn't matter who the RB is, if we go away from the running game, we lose, it's as simple as that.

I agree with much of your post. I said it then, and I'll say it now.....the Bills should have drafted Steinbach instead of Willis. Period.

As for Travis, he DID play well this season. You brought up the under-age thing, but there was more, remember? ;) There was a missed flight to a Miami game. There were fumbles galore and numerous dropped passes. You think that Willis is stupid? He sure is, but Travis couldn't remember his blocking assignments. Travis Henry is also as dumb as a bag of rocks. Oh yeah.....the drug suspension leaves him 1 away from a pretty long ban. <_<

In summary, Willis is a total jackass. If the Bills trade him for a 2nd, I won't be upset. But, this doesn't somehow turn Travis from a dolt into a Dartmouth Grad, does it? :)

You started out with a litany of personal insults about Willis, but it's not okay for others to follow your lead?

personal? mcgahee doesn't post on this board, and i don't have what by now is years-long interaction with him on an internet board. moreover, for better or worse, he is a public figure, and one who is without a doubt completely unaware of this board's existence.

i also stand by what i said about his seeming willingness to head to toronto. while i don't care about the other stuff other than for the occasional laugh, those are the comments of a chump.

personal? mcgahee doesn't post on this board, and i don't have what by now is years-long interaction with him on an internet board. moreover, for better or worse, he is a public figure, and one who is without a doubt completely unaware of this board's existence.

i also stand by what i said about his seeming willingness to head to toronto. while i don't care about the other stuff other than for the occasional laugh, those are the comments of a chump.

He doesn't post on this board? Then who is this?

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showuser=6499

And I would be willing to bet that most of the Bills players know about this board, and ones like it. They're not stupid. :thumbsup:

Besides, where was the personal insult toward you? I simply said 90% of you. You could have been the 1 in 10 that is not as big a moron as Willis. Not to mention that I don't believe Willis is a total moron, he's just not highly educated, unconcerned with his image, and downright goofy. It could have been a compliment to say you're as big a moron as Willis. And I don't find what he said about Toronto to be anything outrageous or dumb or insulting whatsoever. Especially when you consider what he actually said in the entire interview.