Bills may host 2007 Regular Season game in Europe

MikeH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so stupid. I wouldn't mind the idea playing in Europe but as a road team but playing games outside US will never make everyone happy. I guess season ticket prices will go down though. haha...

And i don't understand why Kansas City and Seattle was included? They both draw very well.... seems odd on why they are included but a Jacksonville or Atlanta isn't.

The NFL has narrowed it down to 6 teams as the possible host for the first regular season game to be played in either Britain or Germany.

LINK

Wow, what a way to really screw the Bills and f**k up the season from the beginning. I hate the NFL and it is crap like this that really pisses me off.

A.) They are screwing us (or any team) out of a crucial home game

B.) They are really screwing practice schdeules, preperation etc.

F**K That.

That's so stupid. I wouldn't mind the idea playing in Europe but as a road team but playing games outside US will never make everyone happy. I guess season ticket prices will go down though. haha...

They're more likely to include VAT for the seats that that season-ticket holder has (I kid.).

-Jeff

Wow, what a way to really screw the Bills and f**k up the season from the beginning. I hate the NFL and it is crap like this that really pisses me off.

F**K That.

Good point why don't they do something reasonable and send the Super Bowl Champions from this year? I mean chances are they won't be as likely to miss a home game - rather than messing with us?

As I remember, during the American Bowl we played in Germany (Berlin?) against the Vikings, there were lots of Bills fans in the stands. Lots of Vikings fans, too, but you'll get that with over 100K capacity.

I'd hate like hell to lose a home game, but then again, if it's against a team that will not draw a sell-out at the Ralph, I could see the wisdom in it. First, it would definitely be a prime time game. It would get the Bills brand name in Europe; increase support, sales, etc... (could get the league executives to further value the Bills and Buffalo with increased international fans). Bills would get 50% of the gate of 100K+ tickets. Several ways it could be a big positive and a small negative.

Greater internatinal exposure (greater exposure PERIOD) for the Buffalo Bills is never a bad thing.

The NFL has narrowed it down to 6 teams as the possible host for the first regular season game to be played in either Britain or Germany.

LINK

As I remember, during the American Bowl we played in Germany (Berlin?) against the Vikings, there were lots of Bills fans in the stands. Lots of Vikings fans, too, but you'll get that with over 100K capacity.

I'd hate like hell to lose a home game, but then again, if it's against a team that will not draw a sell-out at the Ralph, I could see the wisdom in it. First, it would definitely be a prime time game. It would get the Bills brand name in Europe; increase support, sales, etc.... Bills would get 50% of 100K+ tickets. Several ways it would be a big positive rather than a small negative.

Ralph should continue his rebellious ways and refuse to go. Take the forfeit for the team. This is another example of the league trying to screw us just like last years first two road games. Fck the NFL.

Ralph should continue his rebellious ways and refuse to go. Take the forfeit for the team. This is another example of the league trying to screw us just like last years first two road games. Fck the NFL.

The league isn't trying to screw us over. San Fran played Arizona in Mexico 2 years ago i think and in two years they will have another game else where, probably in Canada.

You're looking way too much into it. I agree it's a bad thing but the NFl isn't trying to eff with the Bills and Ralph "not going" would be the dumbest thing ever.

Greater internatinal exposure (greater exposure PERIOD) for the Buffalo Bills is never a bad thing.

Agreed. I'll gladly take on a few thousand random europeans as Bills fans. Imagine seeing Bills jerseys showing up across europe! Plus, they cant be worse than most of the current trash on the board right now.

The league isn't trying to screw us over. San Fran played Arizona in Mexico 2 years ago i think and in two years they will have another game else where, probably in Canada.

You're looking way too much into it. I agree it's a bad thing but the NFl isn't trying to eff with the Bills and Ralph "not going" would be the dumbest thing ever.

I know, but it's fun to say it anyway, "Screw you Roger... no, no we won't go!"

Why would this be a bad thing?

The team is young and on the rise (we hope), plays in a very small market and this is a chance to get on national TV and gain some worldwide exposure as an NFL franchise. If that costs us one home game, so be it. The NFL will compensate the Bills for lost revenue anyway. The potential gains far outweigh the potential loss IMO.

Yea right. Take the forfeit and when we miss the playoffs by one game, the angry mob will be coming for you.

F**K That.

Yep, totally agreed. Very fu_king stupid.

I hope there are no bills fans in favor of this.

Season ticket prices probably would not go down knowing the NFL and Bills.