Bills may host 2007 Regular Season game in Europe

MikeH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would this be a bad thing?

The team is young and on the rise (we hope), plays in a very small market and this is a chance to get on national TV and gain some worldwide exposure as an NFL franchise. If that costs us one home game, so be it. The NFL will compensate the Bills for lost revenue anyway. The potential gains far outweigh the potential loss IMO.

Those of us who are in WNY and enjoy going to the game say that BLOWS. We have a great schedule next year which should make sellout all the games easier. Have the Bills play in Europe in 2008 when we play some not so interesting west coast teams. Why not Denver or Dallas on Thanksgiving?? They need the TV time.

And for the last time Buffalo does not play in a VERY small market. Get out a population map and measure out 125 miles (aprox 2 hours drive time). Very small market? I think not.

If they were smart then they would do sort of like they do with the flex scheduling, wait until late in the year and do it then, don't announce the matchup until later in the year and make it between two teams that are out of playoff contention. Playing the game in Europe is a great thing because it promotes the game internationally, but it can't be a game with any playoff implications.

Exactly, just like Americans do not care about soccer, Euros will never care about American Football.

They have international rugby.

Which I think is why the NFL keeps underwriting these farces. It's not about convincing the world to watch football, its about maintaining the illusion here that the NFL is the only football-like sport out there. The CFL is no threat, its only barely hanging on in one country. Rugby is worldwide, and they'd rather people not know that its out there.

Remember the broadcast of the preseason game in Japan? How they kept talking about how there are no fields suitable for football in that baseball-mad country? Guess what - rugby is pretty big there, and there are a ton of fields. All the big companies sponsor teams in the professional leagues. But the NFL didn't want even a mention of the sport, so they went out of their way to play on a diamond.

KFFL) The Associated Press reports the Buffalo Bills have been selected as one of the potential home teams for a regular-season game in Britain or Germany during the 2007 season.

What a bunch of crap.......Season ticket holders you better get your plane tickets early to lock in a good price!!

The NFL loves to reward the Bills faithfull!!

KFFL) The Associated Press reports the Buffalo Bills have been selected as one of the potential home teams for a regular-season game in Britain or Germany during the 2007 season.

What a bunch of crap.......Season ticket holders you better get your plane tickets early to lock in a good price!!

Right. The Bills faithful that can be counted on to sell out all their home games.

I said earlier this year that Buffalo would be a good bet to lose a home game next year because we couldn't sell out near the end of the season.

Why not just have one game at the Ralph and seven others around the globe????? It could be a goodwill tour......games in London, Moscow, Jakarta, Shanghai, Calcutta, Rio de Janiero and Brisbane........

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, go league..............go you not Not For Long ambassadors......no more rooting for teams, just root for the league.

:rolleyes::lol::w00t::lol::lol:

Why not just have one game at the Ralph and seven others around the globe????? It could be a goodwill tour......games in London, Moscow, Jakarta, Shanghai, Calcutta, Rio de Janiero and Brisbane........

you forgot amsterdam and auckland. priorities.

FECKING GET IN!!! COME TO ME BABY! COME TO ME!

The head of the NFL in Europe is a Bills fan - and a member of my Bills Backers...

Wembly Stadium - the site of my first ever Bills game is so ready to host and NFL game again. I WISH so hard that it's gonna be Buffalo.

Other reasons this is a great idea: back in the day, the NFL would give an additional $1M to the teams participating. Expect that to increase. Also - Wembley would sell out in a heart beat - that's a full 70,000 fans paying money to be there - and that's a lot of money for the Bills if they are the home team. It wouldn't be blacked out in Buffalo. There is only good to come from this.

[/bIAS]

Nick in England might be only one happy about a Bills Home game on that side of the pond

Not quite correct. I have a large community of Bills fans in this country who would also be happy. Not including the 50,000 registered fans in the UK of the NFL, 20,000 American Football players, and numerous more (estimated in the millions) who would like to see NFL football in the UK.