Bills may host 2007 Regular Season game in Europe

MikeH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for those who are bitching about the Bills playing a regular season home game in Europe, ever think they might be doing it because we can't even sell out our own home games?

Nope never crossed my mind. (Note double negative in same sentence)

Did you ever think the NFL owners are greedy?

Did you ever think the NFC/NFL hates Buffalo and likes sticking it to Ralph?

Not quite correct. I have a large community of Bills fans in this country who would also be happy. Not including the 50,000 registered fans in the UK of the NFL, 20,000 American Football players, and numerous more (estimated in the millions) who would like to see NFL football in the UK.

Well probably sports fans are looking to something different especially after the whitewash in the Ashes, eh ? :thumbdown:

And this is not directed at you, Nick but for the thread in general -

Actually, exposure of sports to the international community is a good thing. I realize that fans here miss a home game etc. but look at it from a long term perspective. In a small measure, we get appreciation for a sport that is considered uniquely American and dismissed as such. There are a lot of people who just love sports, period. Educating them to the sport is great. Last I was in India, they were showing some playoff games live ! I loved it but also found a few others that also enjoyed it even though the broadcast started around midnight. Having said all this, if the Bills are one of the teams in this attempt for international exposure, as a fan, I can only feel quite proud.

I have one problem with this.... Being a season ticket holder with over 10 seats.

Would I have to pay for two preseason games and only get seven home games.

Thats a screw job. If they take away a regular season home game they should make the preseason

3 games away and 1 at home.

Actually I can see the team having 3 home preseason games so they can use that 3rd one to make up for the 1 missing regular season game.

just to reiterate :( :( :lol:

Oh sure. Let's pick a team that has no head coach, who's QB situation is in disarray, and who's playoff potential is very low. Way to go NFL. :flirt:

Would'nt be surprised if the Giants are the away team either, since it's New York, the top market getting the attention.

Also not surprised that it's an AFC-NFC matchup.

Chris Brown reports that Miami has the Europe game, and that it will likely be against the Giants. :pirate:

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Beurk!! They really could not pick a worst matchup! Those two teams should suck next year!!

I'm a huge NFL fan but i don't know if i'll pay top dollars to see that, especially in London where hotels and food prices and other costs are huge!