Romo

YOOOOOO

Man im looking at the replay...and was he real close to that first down or what....

looks like he might have been just short...

I thought it was close enough to measure and the ground caused the fumble. There should have been a measurement and perhaps an upstairs replay review of the spot as on the previous play.

No. He was short of the first.

Dallas lost yesterday.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas still lost. Romo didn't make it, and Dallas lost.

No. He was short of the first.

Dallas lost yesterday.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas lost.

Dallas still lost. Romo didn't make it, and Dallas lost.

In fact, I hope Bill Parcells, Tono Romo, Drew Bledsoe, Jerry Jones and all the Dullass Cowgirl fans watch that replayed for the next thirty years and in their dispair collectively think, "If only he had made it..."

I thought it was close enough to measure and the ground caused the fumble. There should have been a measurement and perhaps an upstairs replay review of the spot as on the previous play.

He was 1/2 yard short. But what got me is the announcers never even acknowledged that there was a first down possibility on the play. He'd have had it if the Seahawk hadn't triped him from behind.

There was no fumble. Seattle got the ball back on the 1 1/2 yard line.

Ironic, I think, that the Cowboys field goal kicking team dogs them again...I realize it had nothing to do with Gramatica, but, since Parcells has been in Dallas, they have lost numerous games on kicking game guffaws! I wonder if Bruce DeHaven becomes a scapegoat, like he did in Buffalo, after our last playoff game...

He was 1/2 yard short. But what got me is the announcers never even acknowledged that there was a first down possibility on the play. He'd have had it if the Seahawk hadn't triped him from behind.

There was no fumble. Seattle got the ball back on the 1 1/2 yard line.

Just a hypothetical question here re: rules. Say Seattle got the ball back on the 1 1/2, and on their next play Dallas stuffed Alexander for a safety. That would have given Dallas the lead by 1, and Seattle would have to kick from their 20, which is normally punted. Obviously needing the ball back, is there any provision in the rules that would've allowed them some type of onsides kick possibility? Can they kick it off instead of punt, and still try to onsides it, or do they have to punt?

Just a hypothetical question here re: rules. Say Seattle got the ball back on the 1 1/2, and on their next play Dallas stuffed Alexander for a safety. That would have given Dallas the lead by 1, and Seattle would have to kick from their 20, which is normally punted. Obviously needing the ball back, is there any provision in the rules that would've allowed them some type of onsides kick possibility? Can they kick it off instead of punt, and still try to onsides it, or do they have to punt?

I believe they get a free kick i.e, they can kick it any way they want - punt, place or drop.

By the way. Romo didn't in fact make it and Dallas lost.

Even though I agree that Romo is highly overrated, and just an average QB at this point, he made a terrific play on the TD pass to Crayton, and he really made a great play on the last play of the game, the Hail Mary, after his brainfart. And yet, I'm smiling over the botched snap. :thumbsup:

Ironic, I think, that the Cowboys field goal kicking team dogs them again...I realize it had nothing to do with Gramatica, but...<snip>

It may not have had much to do with Gramatica BUT...on the replay, Gramatica has the chance to block #27 out of the play. Of course, being small and completely afraid of any contact, he barely brushes the guy on the shoulder, and #27 is the one who makes the shoestring tackle. If he had done anything...any little thing...to push the guy or knock him off course, Romo at least gets the first down.

That might be asking a lot of a kicker, but what the hell.

I believe they get a free kick i.e, they can kick it any way they want - punt, place or drop.

By the way. Romo didn't in fact make it and Dallas lost.

If they can kick it any way they want, why wouldn't they place kick it? Or does the receiving team get to chose the type of kick?