With the 12th pick the Buffalo Bills select...

/dev/null

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven in MD, I know that Dorsey is a Junior, however, most are under the impression that he has maximized his potential collegically, and his time is now! In some quarters, he is considered the top DT if Alan Branch of Michigan does stay for his Senior season

Almost five months before the draft, I think they'll probably take a CB. Its always a reasonably safe bet. The number of DBs this team has taken in R1 since 1990 borders upon ridiculous.

I'm in denial and think we're going retain Nate Clements but you're probably right :wallbash:

Steven in MD, I know that Dorsey is a Junior, however, most are under the impression that he has maximized his potential collegically, and his time is now! In some quarters, he is considered the top DT if Alan Branch of Michigan does stay for his Senior season

When I met his parents, they did not seem to indicate he was coming out. I think he might stick around if LSU loses the BCS game. Since seeing him against TN, I have been a big fan....btw when you meet his parents, you can understand why he is so big!

I'm in denial and think we're going retain Nate Clements but you're probably right :wallbash:

Even if the Bills somehow manage to retain Clements, it still would not totally shock me to see them draft a CB. If there's one thing I've learned, its to never underestimate the Bills' willingness to draft a CB in R1 come hell or high water.

With the GB up 23 - 0 at the half it looks like we'll be picking 12th

....somebody they could have drafted in the second round.

Hopefully it falls in our favor this year and we end up getting a great player at a position of need. You would hope after 7 years and no playoffs the cupboard would be absolutely loaded with untapped talent, and they do have some good players, but they haven't really had one of those "home run" first round picks where they get a great player nobody thought would be there. Those type of picks are catalysts for launching a team from mediocre to outstanding rather than having to get your stars by being horrible(top 5 picks). Roethlisberger with the Steelers, Kearse with the Titans, Moss with Minnesota, Warren Sapp with Tampa.......all guys that slid a bit and fell to very fortunate teams. Each arguably became the face of teams that soon were in championship games.

I think the Bills will go LB in the draft. I think Nate gets resigned and they let Fletcher go. I say sign an O lineman in free agency. They certainly will have the $ to spend. Projected to be $33M under the cap

12 seems a little high for Blalock, my early favorite. We do have to see what we do with Nate and London. OG is our biggest need. We need to somewhere in the draft or free agency get Preston back to a backup competing to become our future center. Other than that we can do what builds winners: take the best football players available (biased to team needs when perceived value is equivalent).

Recent #12s

Ngata

Shawn Merriman

Jonathan Vilma (Lee Evans 13th)

Jimmy Kennedy (Polamalu 16th)

Wendall Bryant (Jeremy Shockey 14th)

Damione Lewis (Marcus Stroud 13th, Steve Hutchinson 17th)

Shaun Ellis (John Abraham 13th)

So tons of talent available at this pick, and if we are smart we can get a serious impact player whatever the position is. It is very important to evaluate talent and not worry about what we "need" or you end up with the reach picks instead of the best value.

Free Agency will decide what they do. The draft will help, but the Bills might be at the point where they need to add vets at skill spots, for example OL, LB,DL. I am not sure they will find a player to help right away in the draft. With the team being on the verge of being in the playoffs, they will have to pick very wisely. My Prediction: OL or LB. I would say TE, but there is no one worth taking that high this year

I would like to see the Bills take Eric Weddell. He is officially a CB from Utah, but he is capible of playing nearly any spot on the feild. He's good at reading the opposing offenses play, good tackler, good pass defender, his run defense isn't great but thats more to due with him rarely being up on the line. on Offense he can throw the ball decently, great at running and catching it, I think he would be a great TE. He can also kick feild goals and punt, but those aren't spots the Bills need any help with.

Marv has his QB and WR. Now he needs his RB. Comments by Wilson ('disappointment') and Marv('Willis needs to hit the holes harder') lead me to believe they don't think Willis is the answer at RB. If Peterson is gone, perhaps Lynch from Cal (don't know much about him) is the answer. The 10th pick in the 2nd round will probably be a nice spot to knab a stud LB prospect. I think they do everything possible to keep Clements, but let Fletcher walk if he is seeking more than 3 years say $15m.

Kinda depends what happens in free agency. I would think anything but QB, RB, S, DE, K, P is possible.

I would think it very doubtful we go after an OT at this point as well. Peters has locked the left side & I would think that Pennington has shown enough that we'd be comfortable waiting to see how he progresses next season before we spend a first on the possition.