With the 12th pick the Buffalo Bills select...

/dev/null

You win games based on your offensive and defensive lines. Does anyone really think we don't need significant help on both sides of the ball. It may be only one player on either side, but use the high pick there. Bottom line, we can't stop the run and we can't open holes for our backs. Yes, free agency may be the answer. But "I'm from Missouri" on this one.

The only deviation factor here, for me, is if they don't re-sign Clements. If Nate leaves, which I believe is highly likely, yes, CB my be the Bills preference. I hope it doesn't come to that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think we can get a good OL/DL player in round 2 and 3. I wouldn't mind taking Jarrett if available, however, so much can change between now and then I'll just sit back, relax and wait.

I saw fight from this team, and that's so much more then what we've gotten in recent memory.

The Bills needs by priority....

1. An Impact LB, think Shawn Merriman type.

2. An OG that can blow open holes in the run game. Put him next to Peters.

3. Depth at DT.

4. Depth at CB. Even if they resign Clements you can never have enough corners.

5. Offensive Targets, 2nd WR, TE depth.

The Bills needs by priority....

1. An Impact LB, think Shawn Merriman type.

2. An OG that can blow open holes in the run game. Put him next to Peters.

3. Depth at DT.

4. Depth at CB. Even if they resign Clements you can never have enough corners.

5. Offensive Targets, 2nd WR, TE depth.

That said, I think they will be strong into offense this year, both draft and FA.

I think Evans needs a distractor as a complement---not Price or Reed--a Samardija/Ginn/Jarrett distraction.

Your OG comment is right on; a run-blocking guy who can get to the 2nd-level to compete with Gandy-Preston.

I'd like to see a TE that can't be covered by one CB or Safety.

Even if the Bills somehow manage to retain Clements, it still would not totally shock me to see them draft a CB. If there's one thing I've learned, its to never underestimate the Bills' willingness to draft a CB in R1 come hell or high water.

Why don't we put your post in the "Sad But True" category. To take it yet a step further, even if they re-sign Clements and aren't too impressed with Youboty, 2 first day corners (including a first rounder) is a very distinct possibility. :oops:;)^_^

I`d have to say a L.B. Please don`t draft a o-lineman ,get a proven vet in free agency I don`t mean and average one. Get one of the stud free agent`s I`d like a center or rt guard our weak spot`s as we all know. I`d give Pennington another year.We could also use a 2 receiver as well Hopefully Mc Cargo will stay healthy and show something,seeya Tim (jello arm`s ) Anderson.

my best guess is they will adress the OG need through Free Agecny, and whoever they sign we will all be disappointed in.

i really am bummed that McCargo got injured this year because it really makes it difficult to decide if DT is their greatest need and should be used with a first round pick.

the thing that bothers me is that here we are gearing up for another draft and realizing there are still a lot of needs: (in no paticular order)

OG (x2)

OT

DT

LB

CB (if Clemments does indeed leave).

TE

#2 WR

The good news is if they sign Clemments, CB can be removed from the list...and if they don't resign him you can expect they will fill another need and shorten the "need list" someplace else.

I don't think we go DT with the 12th pick without seeing what we got in McCargo. 12th is also high for a RT (especially with Pennington's progress) or OG. With Evans as our clear-cut #1 and due for a raise, I don't think we'll go WR with the 12th. That leaves CB and LB as the most likely with RB, OG, and DE as other possibilities. Unlike what some people believe, I really think Marv will make big moves to try and get this team over the hump, now that he has a year under his belt and knows what he's got. I would love to see Clements re-signed, Willis traded for a 2nd rounder, use our 1st on a RB, and draft an OG and LB in the 2nd round.

This draft will be different than others. The first three choices will be expected to produce right away and in the positions of need to get us well into the playoffs. I think we have to make a very serious run to keep Clements, and if so CB is out. I think Fletchers, Crowell, Ellison and Spikes are what we need to get us by in linebacker. Travis Henry -hers have been very successful running against us and I don't know how many times we lost because we couldn't stop game killing drives. Soooo...its defensive tackle in the Ngata mode as our number one need for next year. A great center or gaurd is our next area of absolute need. I liked the idea of Cieslak at fullback and if we decide to go that route for next year I think the fullback position won't be a problem. McGahee is okay, but I could see us drafting a running back in the third or fourth round, and perhaps a tight end, We are not far from being a playoff team and we have to shore up the two obvious areas of weakness...our run defense and pass protection.

I support Willis and think an improved Oline is just what the doctor ordered, but if Adrien Peterson is sitting there when we pick, I'm all over it like flies on s**t. Unless that scenario plays out, I go another direction and tell Willis to play out his contract and like it. I want the lines improved like always but there are manys ways we can go with the first pick depending on who we keep and who we go out and get in free agency. I'm an Oline guy but if the #1 DT is there I think thats where we should probably go.

Here's a scenario that I think would be amazing. We trade the 12th and Willis to get high enough in the 1st where we draft Calvin Johnson. Then in the 2nd round we draft Auburn RB Kenny Irons. I think he will be a great pro RB. Definently a possible scenario if the Bills are willing to make a move!