JP v. Vick

dave mcbride

If I may steal from Marv..."Who would you rather have right here...right now?"

The Bills had soooooooo many couldas this year. I saw an improved team that went beyond my expectations, expecially in the second half of the season, but there are still the couldas. They eat at us, but I hope they don't eat at JP too much. I understand what he's saying, and respect his candor, but at some point you have to move past the couldas. I hope and think that he will move forward.

The Bills had soooooooo many couldas this year. I saw an improved team that went beyond my expectations, expecially in the second half of the season, but there are still the couldas. They eat at us, but I hope they don't eat at JP too much. I understand what he's saying, and respect his candor, but at some point you have to move past the couldas. I hope and think that he will move forward.

I agree, and I think in regards to JP, he's having a tough time now because woulda/coulda/shoulda been playing next week rather then packing up their lockers. He'll turn those regrets into resolve for next season soon enough.

JP:

"When the season is over and I take my week or two vacation, when I come back, it will be all on the negative plays," Losman said. "Focusing on everything that went wrong first, fixing that first, and once we fix those, definitely encouraging the positive, the "Oh, that was great.'

Vick:

"I don't know. I can't really say," said Vick. "That's for you guys to go watch the film and see what really went wrong. Stat-wise, everything looks good. It looks gravy. "

JP:

"We" said 20 times.

Vick:

"We" said 3 times.

I think that just about sums it up. JP says he'll take a 2 week vacation, then come back and look at what went wrong and try to fix it. Vick says it's someone else's responsibility to find out what's wrong (because in his mind it was a good year, because his stats are good).

Vick is concerned with himself and his stats. JP is concerned with his team and his team's stats.

For anyone that still doesn't want JP as our QB, the debate is officially over. You lost. Now go buy a JP jersey and thank your stars we got such a good guy to lead this team.

Im new to the boards, but I have not seen a post of yours I dislike!

Hmm... perhaps the line of questioning had something to do with it?

Listen to the Philly conference call with Vick and you will notice reports were focused on HIM and not the team. Perhaps that's why he said "I" and not "we."

But Vick has herpes and he's selfish. :censored:

JP:

"We" said 20 times.

Vick:

"We" said 3 times.

JP is such a cocky little, me-first bastard....damn him, damn him... :censored::):wallbash: (for the sarcastically impaired)

I am not ready to annoint JP to star status just yet...but I am really, really glad we have him. Look at everything he has proven...

1) He can calm down

2) He can read NFL defenses

3) He can be insanely accurate

4) He can throw deep against the wind in the Ralph

5) He can deftly avoid the rush and make plays with his feet

6) He can look off receivers

7) He can manage a long drive

8) He can check down

9) He can get rid of the ball quick and effectively use the dump off

10) He can perform in the clutch

All these were question marks at the beginning of the year....that's what I call a year of progress...

Sans 8 games from Bledsoe in 2003 and Flutie when they let him play we haven't had consistent quarterbacking like this in a decade...I couldn't be more pleased...

It will be a pleasure to watch him live against the AFC's best defense this week. I think he is looking foward to the challenge...

If it wasn't for Mora sticking his foot in his mouth, Vick would be on the hotseat right now.

I think Vick is still on the "hot seat" right now. They have a big decision this offseason in regards to Matt Schaub. If the Falcons re-sign him to a nice contract, expect Vick to be exiting Atlanta real soon via trade or him changing positions. It will be one or the other. I can't see them just releasing the guy and not getting anything for him though. It all hinges on what they do with Schaub. If they let him walk in FA this year they are still committed to Vick as their "Franchise QB". I don't see how you could be though with Vick's inconsistency as a real QB. His rushing stats show that he's more of an often injured RB than anything else.

Vick still believes all his draft hype about how he is the future of the QB position and the savior of the Falcons franchise. He has average (at best) QB numbers but rips off some beautiful runs which gets him on ESPN and inflates his fantasy football points. So it can't possibly his fault the team is only 7-8, its got to be the little people

JP came into Buffalo as a cocky kid who was the center of attention at Tulane. There were even rumors that he was't well liked in the locker room. JP strugged early and played on some bad teams. He's learned some humility and became a team player

So while Vick is watching the playoffs at home telling everyone how great he is and spreading herpes, JP will be busy preparing for 2007.

And then next year after Vick gets a new head coach and some new teammates and still struggles, it still won't be his fault they miss the playoffs

JP is such a cocky little, me-first bastard....damn him, damn him... :censored::):wallbash: (for the sarcastically impaired)

I am not ready to annoint JP to star status just yet...but I am really, really glad we have him. Look at everything he has proven...

1) He can calm down

2) He can read NFL defenses

3) He can be insanely accurate

4) He can throw deep against the wind in the Ralph

5) He can deftly avoid the rush and make plays with his feet

6) He can look off receivers

7) He can manage a long drive

8) He can check down

9) He can get rid of the ball quick and effectively use the dump off

10) He can perform in the clutch

All these were question marks at the beginning of the year....that's what I call a year of progress...

Sans 8 games from Bledsoe in 2003 and Flutie when they let him play we haven't had consistent quarterbacking like this in a decade...I couldn't be more pleased...

It will be a pleasure to watch him live against the AFC's best defense this week. I think he is looking foward to the challenge...

10 excellent points. He needs to do it all consistently, but this guy has all the ability, and has proven the right attitude and work ethic. Michael Vick would have had a better first eight games than JP this year behind our line when it was struggling. But I am a big JP fan, and am very excited to watch him develop over the next couple years and become a star who leads us to the playoffs over and over again, and hopefully to a Super Bowl victory.

I knew jp(if given the chance) would be good. All i ever heard about was his work ethic and willingness to get better, after meathead messed him up in the first half of the year he came back and took the most of his opprutunity. he performed alot better. during the offseason he made it known he wanted to be here and do well when he bought a house in downtown buffalo. We found our QB and hes better than manning roethlisberger and vick and pennington and anything miami can muster. GO JP and GO BUFFALO

"It is true that he has thrown a career-high 19 touchdown passes this season."

6 years in the league and this is his first averging barely more than 1 passing TD per game.

JP's got 18 in his third season, his first full season as a starter.

I'll take JP right now, thanks.