We lost the game for several reasons

PromoTheRobot

Attempting a FG from 42 yards out was just giving up to the Titans. If you saw what Tennessee's punts were doing all game, dying in mid-air, then you know that a FG attempt was pointless (no pun intended.) Also note that Tennessee's FG 37-yard attempt barely cleared the crossbar by two feet max. It was falling straight down by the time it reached the endzone because the wind was like a wall.

The biggest reason we lost are:

1) Run defense

2) Robert Royal not getting his feet down in the end zone

3) Poor play calling the last two Bills possesions

4) Lack of pass rush

Getting gashed by Travis Henry and Vince Young speaks for itself. Still if Royal gets that TD, we win. I also don't agree with passing the ball in 3rd and short. Also the playcalling in the final series of downs looked confused, especially on 4th down. So go ahead and B word all you want about that stuff, just please don't cite the lack of a FG attempt.

PTR

Getting gashed by Travis Henry and Vince Young speaks for itself.  Still if Royal gets that TD, we win.

PTR

877224[/snapback]

I agree with most of your points but this one stood out to me. I just don't believe that the Bills D comes up big on that last drive even if the Bills are up by 6 instead of 2. If it played out the same way again (which, of course, there is no guarantee) and Titans would have been faced with a 4th and 1 at the 15 or so. Instead of kicking the go ahead FG they, obviously, would have gone for it. Do you have any faith that the Bills would have come up with a stop there? I sure as hell don't. Perhaps the Bills win if he gets his other foot down but it's far from a sure thing.

I agree with most of your points but this one stood out to me.  I just don't believe that the Bills D comes up big on that last drive even if the Bills are up by 6 instead of 2.  If it played out the same way again (which, of course, there is no guarantee) and Titans would have been faced with a 4th and 1 at the 15 or so.  Instead of kicking the go ahead FG they, obviously, would have gone for it.  Do you have any faith that the Bills would have come up with a stop there?  I sure as hell don't.  Perhaps the Bills win if he gets his other foot down but it's far from a sure thing.

877229[/snapback]

I thought that as well. They would have went for it on 4th and 1 and got it too ! If the score was a bigger margin than 2.

The FG attempt would have been from 45 yards....

but Bironas's FG was from 42 yards out.....

my whole thing is this....if were not going for a FG....why was the playcalling pushed towards hitting the FG at that point?? it makes no sense

The FG attempt would have been from 45 yards....

but Bironas's FG was from 42 yards out.....

my whole thing is this....if were not going for a FG....why was the playcalling pushed towards hitting the FG at that point??  it makes no sense

877239[/snapback]

42 yards with a 30mph wind at your back vs. kicking a 42 yarder into it. There's a little difference there, don't you think? Again, if you saw the game, or even if you only listened to it on the radio, do you recall how all of Tennessee's punts went only 20 yards in the 3rd quarter? It's because the wind was literally blowing them back. How do expect Lindell to make that kick?

PTR

The defense ultimately lost the game, but NOT kicking the FG was a huge mistake IMHO.

877234[/snapback]

I was at the game. The wind got worse in the 4th compared to when Tenny just sneaked that 37 yarder over the crossbar. I believe a 30 yarder would have had a slightly better than 50/50 chance of going over. That ending FG would have been 46 yards. NO WAY!!! Take my word on that, it was never a choice

I'm betting to confuse the Titans defense?

877357[/snapback]

BS. I am not saying we should have went for a FG so don't get me wrong, but the confussion on 3rd and 4th down is what caused us the game. Losman was clueless looking for direction to the sidelines, Juaron had no idea, the offense was confussed. Losman was in shutgun for 3rd and 4th down plays. The play calling was off. After the 3rd down, Lindell looked like he didn't know what was going on and Losman definetly didn't know if they were going for FG or go for it.

Jauron lost control of the game for a few minutes and it cost us the season. I personally would have went for it also, but with better plays and letting my offense know that they MUST get a 1st down or it's game over. It seemed very hectic on the field.

BS. I am not saying we should have went for a FG so don't get me wrong, but the confussion on 3rd and 4th down is what caused us the game. Losman was clueless looking for direction to the sidelines, Juaron had no idea, the offense was confussed. Losman was in shutgun for 3rd and 4th down plays. The play calling was off. After the 3rd down, Lindell looked like he didn't know what was going on and Losman definetly didn't know if they were going for FG or go for it.

Jauron lost control of the game for a few minutes and it cost us the season. I personally would have went for it also, but with better plays and letting my offense know that they MUST get a 1st down or it's game over. It seemed very hectic on the field.

877362[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!!

Attempting a FG from 42 yards out was just giving up to the Titans.  If you saw what Tennessee's punts were doing all game, dying in mid-air, then you know that a FG attempt was pointless (no pun intended.)  Also note that Tennessee's FG 37-yard attempt barely cleared the crossbar by two feet max.  It was falling straight down by the time it reached the endzone because the wind was like a wall.

The biggest reason we lost are:

1) Run defense

2) Robert Royal not getting his feet down in the end zone

3) Poor play calling the last two Bills possesions

4) Lack of pass rush

Getting gashed by Travis Henry and Vince Young speaks for itself.  Still if Royal gets that TD, we win.  I also don't agree with passing the ball in 3rd and short.  Also the playcalling in the final series of downs looked confused, especially on 4th down.  So go ahead and B word all you want about that stuff, just please don't cite the lack of a FG attempt.

PTR

877224[/snapback]

Agree 100%!

The defense ultimately lost the game, but NOT kicking the FG was a huge mistake IMHO.

877234[/snapback]

Agree... You play the percentages... And there is no %age for "wind"... Who knows what would have happened?

To say that you have better odds on 4 and 5 throwing INTO THAT SAME WIND is foolish...

Bobby April screwed up, it happens... Then having to rush the O back out to try the 4th and 5 just doomed the whole play from the start...

IMO... :thumbdown:

877362[/snapback]

BINGO!

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail...

42 yards with a 30mph wind at your back vs. kicking a 42 yarder into it.  There's a little difference there, don't you think?  Again, if you saw the game, or even if you only listened to it on the radio, do you recall how all of Tennessee's punts went only 20 yards in the 3rd quarter?  It's because the wind was literally blowing them back.  How do expect Lindell to make that kick?

PTR

877350[/snapback]

I watched him during pregame warmups. He was kicking from the 25 (ie 35 yarders) into the wind and putting them into the net with 10 or more yards to spare. Also note - the wind is actually worse at the tunnel end zone. The Hawk comes over the scoreboard and swoops down into the stadium from there. That end zone is actually relatively calm.

I watched him during pregame warmups.  He was kicking from the 25 (ie 35 yarders) into the wind and putting them into the net with 10 or more yards to spare.  Also note - the wind is actually worse at the tunnel end zone.  The Hawk comes over the scoreboard and swoops down into the stadium from there.  That end zone is actually relatively calm.

877523[/snapback]

Don't tell me this Jay! :thumbdown::wallbash:

I was screaming like a mofo when I heard they brought the FG team on then suddenly brought them off...

I knew a disjointed clustereff would ensue...

This is one time they should have stayed the course.

It isn't the choice of what they wanted to do with me... I'd be fine if all the while they were gonna go... But, the second guessing at the last second, IMO is what doomed the effort...