We lost the game for several reasons

PromoTheRobot

Don't tell me this Jay! :wallbash:  :doh:

I was screaming like a mofo when I heard they brought the FG team on then suddenly brought them off...

I knew a disjointed clustereff would ensue...

This is one time they should have stayed the course.

It isn't the choice of what they wanted to do with me... I'd be fine if all the while they were gonna go... But, the second guessing at the last second, IMO is what doomed the effort...

877526[/snapback]

Sorry, Bro. :devil: I was begging for them to kick it.

One forgets however that there was still a minute left and they had time outs. There's no guarantee that our D would have held them if they had to.

Bummin' :thumbdown:

Attempting a FG from 42 yards out was just giving up to the Titans. If you saw what Tennessee's punts were doing all game, dying in mid-air, then you know that a FG attempt was pointless (no pun intended.) Also note that Tennessee's FG 37-yard attempt barely cleared the crossbar by two feet max. It was falling straight down by the time it reached the endzone because the wind was like a wall.

Umm, check again. TEN's FG attempt that you are referring to was a 42 yarder. The wind was considerably less than in the 1st half. Still considerable, but I like my chances of converting a FG attempt better than a 4th and 5. A fourth and 1 might be a different story, but 5 yards just wasn't happening. :thumbdown:

42 yards with a 30mph wind at your back vs. kicking a 42 yarder into it. There's a little difference there, don't you think? Again, if you saw the game, or even if you only listened to it on the radio, do you recall how all of Tennessee's punts went only 20 yards in the 3rd quarter? It's because the wind was literally blowing them back. How do expect Lindell to make that kick?

PTR

I agree with you...That FG was impossible but my point was why did we play for the FG, when there was no shot....

Didnt Jauron know were we had to be to hit a FG...prior to the drive starting??

BTW Bironas's 42 yarder was into the wind, not with it.....

THEN WHY THE :doh: DID RIAN LINDELL STEP ONTO THE FIELD?????????????????

I think Lindell and Moorman stepped in the direction of Jauron to determine whether Jauron wanted to attempt the field goal.

I do hear the point that if the 25 yard line is the absolute furthest field position from which a field goal would be attempted, there shouldn't have been a question whether to attempt the field goal when the ball was spotted at the 28. I suppose the question has to be asked, but it probably would have been better served to get Lindell's opinion as to the viability of a 46 yard kick before third down, or at least immediately after the end of the third down play, so that the confusion, which was the real problem with the fourth down, didn't ensue

I dreaded seeing the Titans offense on the field, I dont wish an injury on anyone, but I so wanted VY you pull a hammy.......That guys is amazing with the football. Titans beat us with the run game. I dont think a great DL can stop a QB that can run all over the place. Most of Vinces yards come on busted plays, which makes him dangerous. If the Titans fix that defense of theirs, they can be a force to wreckon with in the near future!

Attempting a FG from 42 yards out was just giving up to the Titans. If you saw what Tennessee's punts were doing all game, dying in mid-air, then you know that a FG attempt was pointless (no pun intended.) Also note that Tennessee's FG 37-yard attempt barely cleared the crossbar by two feet max. It was falling straight down by the time it reached the endzone because the wind was like a wall.

The biggest reason we lost are:

1) Run defense

2) Robert Royal not getting his feet down in the end zone

3) Poor play calling the last two Bills possesions

4) Lack of pass rush

Getting gashed by Travis Henry and Vince Young speaks for itself. Still if Royal gets that TD, we win. I also don't agree with passing the ball in 3rd and short. Also the playcalling in the final series of downs looked confused, especially on 4th down. So go ahead and B word all you want about that stuff, just please don't cite the lack of a FG attempt.

PTR

5) Throwing a hail mary with plenty of time and lots of room for a 1st down pass.

6) Robert Royal becoming Lonnie Johnson for hopefully just 1 game.

The biggest reason we lost are:

1) Run defense

2) Robert Royal not getting his feet down in the end zone

3) Poor play calling the last two Bills possesions

4) Lack of pass rush

Getting gashed by Travis Henry and Vince Young speaks for itself. Still if Royal gets that TD, we win. I also don't agree with passing the ball in 3rd and short. Also the playcalling in the final series of downs looked confused, especially on 4th down. So go ahead and B word all you want about that stuff, just please don't cite the lack of a FG attempt.

PTR

add great field position in 3rd quarter and ONLY 6 points to show for it. The Bills could have put a dagger in the titans if they had converted 2 of the 3 into TDs

I agree with you...That FG was impossible but my point was why did we play for the FG, when there was no shot....

Didnt Jauron know were we had to be to hit a FG...prior to the drive starting??

That's what I was thinking. We seemed to be playing for a field goal, but then decided at the last possible second to go for the TD. So, I ask as well; If the FG was not an option, why the play calling on 2nd and 3rd down?

add great field position in 3rd quarter and ONLY 6 points to show for it. The Bills could have put a dagger in the titans if they had converted 2 of the 3 into TDs

The Bills scored 10 3rd quarter points.