Dallas Cowboys

Why build a stadium with less seats, so the team can make less money?

864472[/snapback]

I think that there is something to be said for building a stadium with less seats and insuring a sellout for every game. Increased media attention in the local area leads to increased merchandise sales/other factors.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Opening the windows will make it twenty degrees cooler in the stadium than it is outside without air conditioning"

I'm no friggin physicist but that is a direct violation of the laws of thermodynamics.  On top of that have you ever been to central Texas in August?  I'm thinking of going next year.  Either there or the sun.

864393[/snapback]

You need to regress the temperature of the outside and inside to the mean. It'll all make sense then.

Pretty much every time I see sketches of a new baseball stadium I think about how much I'd like to go there. Every time I see sketches of a new football stadium I can't help but think it looks like an airport or something.

I'd like the Bills to get a nice new stadium someday but these stadiums really don't impress me all that much.

Damn, that is an amazing building...

The giant score boards will be crazy. And how about the club seats where the players enter?

You can love the nostalgia of the Ralph all you like, but a new modern stadium in Buffalo would be sooooo sweet. Hopefully some 25 year old kid will come up with the next YouTube, sell it for a billion and buy the Bills!

Damn, that is an amazing building...

The giant score boards will be crazy.  And how about the club seats where the players enter?

You can love the nostalgia of the Ralph all you like, but a new modern stadium in Buffalo would be sooooo sweet.  Hopefully some 25 year old kid will come up with the next YouTube, sell it for a billion and buy the Bills!

864583[/snapback]

And hopefully that company that invents the next YouTube is in Buffalo.

but they will only have 100 more toilets...i see a problem here

You misread that... There's actually 111 *LESS* toilets than the current stadium (according to the PDF).

However there's 180 less suites (!), and since each suite has a toilet, there's 69 more toilets available for the general populace. Still doesn't seem like enough though.

CW

So the county taxpayers have to pony up $300 million, and that is if the price does not go up. What will be their "reward"? Higher seat licences. Sound like bondoogle to me.

864720[/snapback]

A new Bills stadium will be funded by the state, period.

And yes, don't worry folks, the Bills will stay in Buffalo, forever.

And we BFLO fans will help pay the bill???

If this was gov't, we'd all be grabbing the pitchforks... Yet, "we" "gladly" help!

Gotta keep the Bills in BFLO!

:w00t:  :P

864765[/snapback]

I look at it this way, they ARE GOING TO piss away my tax dollars. See Rochester and the Fast Ferry. Since they will spend it anyway, spend it on something that matters to me.

Do you think taxes will be going down anytime soon?

I look at it this way, they ARE GOING TO piss away my tax dollars. See Rochester and the Fast Ferry.  Since they will spend it anyway, spend it on something that matters to me.

Do you think taxes will be going down anytime soon?

865014[/snapback]

No disrespect Rock... Yet, If I was a pilot or worker for the "fast ferry"... I might make your same argument...

Something always matters to somebody...

Just playing :w00t: 's advocate.

About five or six years ago when Jones tried to get public funding for "Jerryland," he tried to get the money out of Irving. He pushed behind the scenes to get Irving to drop out of the Dallas rapid transit system to pay for it. You want the Cowboys -- kill bus service.

None taken, EII!

The Ferry was a Lemming from Day One, is still idle in port, and chewing up thousands of dollars of OUR money every week, as they continue the search for some other idiot, I mean potential buyer to take it away.

I would have loved it if the Ferry was the start of a renewed Lake Ontario waterfront. They are still sorting through the payola on this one.

At least a 60,000 seat stadium would seat 60,000 butts in WNY at least eight times a year. Even the Ralph has done that, even if there are only four home sellouts this year.

Apples and oranges. :P

No disrespect Rock... Yet, If I was a pilot or worker for the "fast ferry"... I might make your same argument...

Something always matters to somebody...

Just playing  :w00t: 's advocate.

865069[/snapback]

None taken, EII!

The Ferry was a Lemming from Day One, is still idle in port, and chewing up thousands of dollars of OUR money every week, as they continue the search for some other idiot, I mean potential buyer  to take it away.

I would have loved it if the Ferry was the start of a renewed Lake Ontario waterfront. They are still sorting through the payola on this one.

At least a 60,000 seat stadium would seat 60,000 butts in WNY at least eight times a year. Even the Ralph has done that, even if there are only four home sellouts this year. 

Apples and oranges. :)

865244[/snapback]

:P I see your point!

60k butts is better than a boat dead in the water... :w00t: