For what it's worth, Peerless made a great

Even though it was ruled incomplete. He controlled the ball and got both feet down. Obviously it did not matter in the long run but at the time I wanted Jauron to review it. Unfortunately, it seems as though he reviews the wrong ones right now (i.e. the 2 time out waster from last week). Whoever is helping him decide which ones to challenge, needs to start doing a better job.

Even though it was ruled incomplete.  He controlled the ball and got both feet down.  Obviously it did not matter in the long run but at the time I wanted Jauron to review it.  Unfortunately, it seems as though he reviews the wrong ones right now (i.e. the 2 time out waster from last week). Whoever is helping him decide which ones to challenge, needs to start doing a better job.

862880[/snapback]

When I saw peerless play yesterday i definitely thought, "How great is it that he came back here and revitalized his career as a no. 2 guy?"

I think the replay wasn't on the scoreboard for Jauron to see. Some teams don't play replays on the scoreboard, and I don't think Jauron had an opportunity to evaluate if feet were in before the play clock ran out.

Even though it was ruled incomplete.  He controlled the ball and got both feet down.  Obviously it did not matter in the long run but at the time I wanted Jauron to review it.  Unfortunately, it seems as though he reviews the wrong ones right now (i.e. the 2 time out waster from last week). Whoever is helping him decide which ones to challenge, needs to start doing a better job.

862880[/snapback]

862880[/snapback]

You can bet even though it was a catch and both feet were in bounds, the Ref would have claimed he did not have control. That is what they always do.

Last night they pulled the same on NO vs. Dallas near the half. Definite catch overturned, but then they gave Parcells a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Looked like the ref in Dallas did not want to give a completion & then add 15 yards so he simply came up with a compromise.

Replay should be done and reviewed correctly from the booth, not a ref defending his officiating crew.

862880[/snapback]

The guys on Westwood One radio (which is what I got here in Pittsburgh, which was awesome) were complaining that Jauron did not throw the flag. However, with the way things went last week with replays, I don't blame Jauron for being conservative and let it go.

I think the replay wasn't on the scoreboard for Jauron to see. Some teams don't play replays on the scoreboard, and I don't think Jauron had an opportunity to evaluate if feet were in before the play clock ran out.

862893[/snapback]

That's why he has assistant and assistant's assistant coaches. In the end it didn't matter, and that's all that matters :( , but I was screaming for the hanky.

You can bet even though it was a catch and both feet were in bounds, the Ref would have claimed he did not have control.  That is what they always do. 

Last night they pulled the same on NO vs. Dallas near the half.  Definite catch overturned, but then they gave Parcells a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty.  Looked like the ref in Dallas did not want to give a completion & then add 15 yards so he simply came up with a compromise.

Replay should be done and reviewed correctly from the booth, not a ref defending his officiating crew.

862908[/snapback]

That was the first time I have seen that rule enforced. Parcells was pissed off about that one.

You can bet even though it was a catch and both feet were in bounds, the Ref would have claimed he did not have control.  That is what they always do. 

Last night they pulled the same on NO vs. Dallas near the half.  Definite catch overturned, but then they gave Parcells a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty.  Looked like the ref in Dallas did not want to give a completion & then add 15 yards so he simply came up with a compromise.

862908[/snapback]

i don't think the two are comparable. In Dallas, that's where the "football move" rule comes into play. It didn't with the Bills.

Anyway, running down JP's incompletions:

1. Good pass to Evans streaking down the left sidelines which looked like a straight drop to me.

2. Pass that sailed over Evans.

3. Pass off the fingertips of Reed, should've been caguht, but should've been thrown better.

4. Catch by Price ruled a drop.

5. Worst throw of the night, pass that sailed over Evans in red zone.

So basically, two bad throws in 13 attempts. I wish he would've had one more on the bootleg sack, though.

I think that Peerless probably made that catch,a terrific catch BTW, but I think there was a less than 10% chance that the officials would have over-turned it. I didn't see a reply that was totally definitive. You could put 2-3 replays together and know for almost sure that it was a catch, but the replay officials cannot do that.

And worse, they ruled it was a bobble not that his feet were out. You could tell it he probably caught it, almost definitely caught it, but you couldn't tell that his feet were in when he had possession. You could only surmise it.

There are plays they know should be corrected but by rule they cannot correct them, and I think this was one of them. I definitely do not think they would have overturned it and I definitely don't think it was a bad move to not challenge.

I was there and thought that it might have been a catch, though it was difficult to see where the toes hit. After I got home, I watched the game and thought it def was a catch.

I have to think that Dick held back on the hankie thinking that the call would be inconclusive and that he'd lose the timeout.

JP looked great yesterday, by the way. Very calm and cool, held on to the ball when hit, and making the throws when he had to.

862893[/snapback]

The guys on the radio were able to see the replay on the scoreboard and mentioned that Prices legs were in and they were hoping for Jauron to get the red flag out....

I remember watching the replay and thinking it was an awesome catch by Price, and that they should challenge it. I'm not surprised, though, because it was very close, and the chances of it being overturned would not have been great.

That said, I find it hard to believe the NFL doesn't do two things:

- make sure teams have at least one quick opportunity to view a play before the next one. It would be hard to fit that in with the time clock between plays, but it just seems so arbitrary when some plays are shown on the scoreboard and when some are not. It seems like a situation that is ripe for competitive imbalance, in that the home team might benefit from seeing replays more often.

- have more freaking cameras at each game. That one might be more up to the networks, but the NFL should really put that into the contract with them. There is so much money in the NFL now I can't really understand why this isn't done.

Are you sure?  I thought they got to see all of the available angles.

863128[/snapback]

I didn't mean literally, I meant figuratively. Yes, they get all the angles from all the cameras. But I meant that if you see a catch from one camera that is clear, and the feet in bounds from another camera that is clear, and there isn't anything on either shot that clearly disproves or disqualifies the other shot that they happened simultaneously, a fan can conclude logically, kind of an if A = B and B = C than A = C thing, that the play was good. But officials cannot really do that. They need to see conclusive evidence that both happened at the same time. It can be two different shots and angles, but they cannot just make the leap of faith that a fan can and call it a catch, even if they know full well he caught it by the same deductive reasoning the fans are using.

862908[/snapback]

In all fairness Austin was the official last night and has turned over 43% of coaches challenges. at least thats what the broadcasters were saying.