London

generaLee83

Fletch deserves the pro-bowl and more importantly deserves a healthy contract to keep him a Buffalo Bill until his retirement.

862118[/snapback]

Anyone else kinda put off by the self promotion for the Pro Bowl? I mean, I know its not a realistic expectation that the Bills will make the playoffs. However, Fletcher should be worrying about that until they are officially out of the race before he worries about the Pro Bowl, should'nt he?

Anyone else kinda put off by the self promotion for the Pro Bowl? I mean, I know its not a realistic expectation that the Bills will make the playoffs.  However, Fletcher should be worrying about that until they are officially out of the race before he worries about the Pro Bowl, should'nt he?

862132[/snapback]

I would normally completely agree with you but his pro-bowl appearance is 5 years overdue. He appears to normally be a 100 percent team player and is the heart and soul of this team. I'll allow a bit of self promotion from him and only him.

Fletcher has been an awesome player for Buffalo over the years and he is extremely durable which is also important. He deserves the pro bowl, he deserves a new contract to stay with Buffalo forever. If he leaves the BIlls it will be a huge mistake.

Anyone else kinda put off by the self promotion for the Pro Bowl? I mean, I know its not a realistic expectation that the Bills will make the playoffs.  However, Fletcher should be worrying about that until they are officially out of the race before he worries about the Pro Bowl, should'nt he?

862132[/snapback]

Are you serious? A 7-second plea to vote him and McGee into the probowl = Fletcher worrying about it? As if he is somehow distracted by this fact and if he doesn't say anything publicly it will all be better...As if wanting to be voted to the probowl and giving 100% to the team are mutually exclusive... :thumbsup:

Is this the length of leash we give our players? Dude plays his heart out all season and this is what you criticize him for?

Fletch deserves the pro-bowl and more importantly deserves a healthy contract to keep him a Buffalo Bill until his retirement.

862118[/snapback]

London is all football player, and he's been one of my favorite Bill's for a long time. His failure to make the Pro Bowl puts him in a long line of the deserved who will be bumped in favor of the guys getting national exposure through endorsements or media hype.

All that being true, London strikes me as the kind of player who will go out fighting, and that really will be much better for him to do playing in a 3-4 in his final years. He'll probably get 2 extra seasons playing inside in a 3-4 versus losing ground to age in our cover 2 set. Unfortunately for London the clock for his next contract is on the less favorable side of his age, and methinks the team and his agent may have significant differences between what they both deem to be market value for him this off-season.

London is all football player, and he's been one of my favorite Bill's for a long time. His failure to make the Pro Bowl puts him in a long line of the deserved who will be bumped in favor of the guys getting national exposure through endorsements or media hype.

All that being true, London strikes me as the kind of player who will go out fighting, and that really will be much better for him to do playing in a 3-4 in his final years. He'll probably get 2 extra seasons playing inside in a 3-4 versus losing ground to age in our cover 2 set. Unfortunately for London the clock for his next contract is on the less favorable side of his age, and methinks the team and his agent may have significant differences between what they both deem to be market value for him this off-season.

862905[/snapback]

You're probably right, although I'm hoping that would be tempered by a strong finish to this season and his eagerness to be a part of this team's resurgence over the next couple of years.

862905[/snapback]

no matter how much you like a guy, it is extremely risky to give big money, multi-year extensions to guys over 30. This is what got the Bills in cap jai with Butler the first time around with huge contracts for players on the downside of their careers-like Ostrowski.

Bills need to invest a 1 year contract in Fletcher and a 1st day draft pick slated for his replacement.

no matter how much you like a guy, it is extremely risky to give big money, multi-year extensions to guys over 30. This is what got the Bills in cap jai with Butler the first time around with huge contracts for players on the downside of their careers-like Ostrowski.

Bills need to invest a 1 year contract in Fletcher and a 1st day draft pick slated for his replacement.

863129[/snapback]

How about a 3 year contract worth about 12-15M (4-5M average)....

I don't know what game you people watch but Fletcher continues to get sucked up by the play fakes and takes poor angles in run pursuit. "Tackles" are an overrated stat padded by the home team each week.

The Bills should thank him for his efforts and let 32-year old undersized Fletcher go. There is a MLB from Ole Miss named Patrick Willis who should be starting in Orchard Park come September. He would/will be the Bills version of Urlacher. He's that good.

862132[/snapback]

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw it. :thumbsup:

862905[/snapback]

Good post, very accurate IMO.

I was concerned before the year started if London could play middle in a Cover 2 again. It's a very demanding system for Middle LB's, especially in pass coverage responsibilities. He's playing lights out right now and since Nate can't be franchised I have no problem buying one more year for London’s services with the tag.

862118[/snapback]

Yeah--give a guy on the wrong side of 30 a nice frontloaded lonnng contract...come on--we won a few games--lets not get carried away.

I don't know what game you people watch but Fletcher continues to get sucked up by the play fakes and takes poor angles in run pursuit. "Tackles" are an overrated stat padded by the home team each week.

The Bills should thank him for his efforts and let 32-year old undersized Fletcher go. There is a MLB from Ole Miss named Patrick Willis who should be starting in Orchard Park come September. He would/will be the Bills version of Urlacher. He's that good.

863399[/snapback]

Hey, Donahoe caught the 787 out of Buffalo in January. Don't you think it about time to change your name? I might've listened to you a little bit more if you had a name that didn't include the name of a man that sent this frnachise into turmoil.