London

generaLee83

I don't know what game you people watch but Fletcher continues to get sucked up by the play fakes and takes poor angles in run pursuit. "Tackles" are an overrated stat padded by the home team each week.

The Bills should thank him for his efforts and let 32-year old undersized Fletcher go. There is a MLB from Ole Miss named Patrick Willis who should be starting in Orchard Park come September. He would/will be the Bills version of Urlacher. He's that good.

863399[/snapback]

The is one of the oldest lingering BS arguments against Fletcher and I thought it was finally completely dead. Looks like there are always gonna be a few hardheads who hold onto opinions like security blankets even against a boatload of visual evidence for the world to see.

There is a MLB from Ole Miss named Patrick Willis who should be starting in Orchard Park come September. He would/will be the Bills version of Urlacher. He's that good.

Cool!

And who exactly is going to be our version of Tommie Harris and Tank Williams who keeps him clean? Or is he so good that he'll just toss the C/G combo that Fletch has in his lap every week?

Cool!

And who exactly is going to be our version of Tommie Harris and Tank Williams who keeps him clean? Or is he so good that he'll just toss the C/G combo that Fletch has in his lap every week?

863895[/snapback]

Let the dillusional fools hallucinate. Its the only thing you can do.

Are you serious? A 7-second plea to vote him and McGee into the probowl = Fletcher worrying about it?  As if he is somehow distracted by this fact and if he doesn't say anything publicly it will all be better...As if wanting to be voted to the probowl and giving 100% to the team are mutually exclusive... :beer:

Is this the length of leash we give our players?  Dude plays his heart out all season and this is what you criticize him for?

862847[/snapback]

Im serious. His team is 6-7. Under 500 and not officially out of it yet. Personally, as a fan, I could'nt give a **** who goes to the Pro Bowl. It really is insignificant to me. I only care if the team wins. And so should he since his team has 7 losses and the run D has been less than great. He should really have his mind on that. Im a bit older so maybe im just out of touch. Not a fan of the modern me, me, me athelete. But I imagine there is a Pro Bowl clause in his contract that may be influencing this as well. No way would I get on the guy for the way he plays. Good player.

Yeah--give a guy on the wrong side of 30 a nice frontloaded lonnng contract...come on--we won a few games--lets not get carried away.

863531[/snapback]

I'm not too sure but I don't think I was actually talking figures in my post so where you get "nice frontloaded lonnng contract" from is beyone me. I mentioned no specifics and threw it out as a vague idea worth discussing. Your ability to take ambiguous and turn it into specific is as amazing as it is concerning.

But I guess I understand your point of age being one of the most (if not the most) important factors in a contract. I mean, I guess he does suck though and appears to have lost tons of steam with 4 interceptions and two touchdowns not to mention a boatload of tackles. Oh yeah, he's also the leader of the defense, get rid of him and this defense takes 2-3 years to develop another leader..

Yeah--Age is the most important thing.................... :beer:

Anyone else kinda put off by the self promotion for the Pro Bowl? I mean, I know its not a realistic expectation that the Bills will make the playoffs.  However, Fletcher should be worrying about that until they are officially out of the race before he worries about the Pro Bowl, should'nt he?

862132[/snapback]

The voting is now.

Should he wait until the season and voting is over?

The is one of the oldest lingering BS arguments against Fletcher and I thought it was finally completely dead. Looks like there are always gonna be a few hardheads who hold onto opinions like security blankets even against a boatload of visual evidence for the world to see.

863892[/snapback]

All you have to do is take a look at the Pennington TD to Coles this past week or Garrards pass to Lewis against the Jags for evidence of this problem with Fletcher. The fact remains he is an undersized 32 year old MLB who does not desrve a contract when better, cheaper options exist. Perhaps some of that money saved from not re-signing the hyphenated one could go toward more DL depth?

And as for who will be our Tommie Harris, etc.....keeping Patrick Willis clean, I believe that is the role eventually envisioned for John McCargo. Check out Tommie Harris' stats for his first two years in the Cover 2 vs. this year. It takes a couple years for the players to legitimately and adequately learn any defensive system, give McCargo a chance next year and I bet there is noticeable improvement.

I, for one, am quite disturbed about what I'm seeing on TSW this A.M. - what all this stuff about "bumping sh_t", "lubing us up", "feel free to slam my ass", "for all you 'metrosexuals' out there...", etc., etc.???!!!!

I'm going away for a while and hopefully, when I return, all this perverse innuendo will give way to more impotant topics...

... like getting London Fletcher to the Pro Bowl!!!

All you have to do is take a look at the Pennington TD to Coles this past week or Garrards pass to Lewis against the Jags for evidence of this problem with Fletcher. The fact remains he is an undersized 32 year old MLB who does not desrve a contract when better, cheaper options exist. Perhaps some of that money saved from not re-signing the hyphenated one could go toward more DL depth?

And as for who will be our Tommie Harris, etc.....keeping Patrick Willis clean, I believe that is the role eventually envisioned for John McCargo. Check out Tommie Harris' stats for his first two years in the Cover 2 vs. this year. It takes a couple years for the players to legitimately and adequately learn any defensive system, give McCargo a chance next year and I bet there is noticeable improvement.

864099[/snapback]

I think you're crazy. Fletcher has VERY consistently played at a very high level, with pro-bowl stats over the last 7 years, including making 90+ solo tackles each year. You really think that somone else made those tackles and the home team is just padding his stats (to make him feel good??). Please let me know the next time you see a single tackle credited to him you don't think he made. I pay close attention and think the tackle credits are typically very good.

Criticizing Fletcher for a play or two when he was beaten, especially when you don't know the coverage reads, is cherry-picking at its worst, though I do agree his coverage skills are probably the weakest part of his game (used to be undisciplined penalties).

Fletcher has started every game since he's been here, and he is not dragged several yards after making contact. He has got to be one of the Bills the opposing players least want to run into when they have the ball.

Fletcher is a monster, one I'm glad is on our team and not our opponents'. He is very deserving of a pro bowl appearance. Please do tell me just a few of the "better, cheaper options" out there....

Fletcher's Stats Page on NFL.com