It is really difficult to think of Buffalo's

It is almost impossible to think what the Bills #1 need going into this offseason. It is mind boggling for me to think what position the Bills would address with thier #1 pick in the draft.

The obvious #1 need earlier in the year was the o-line. The O-line has only given up 1 sack in the last two games!! Peters is an all-pro who could block the Hulk, Gandy is the captain of the o-line according to Losman (no lie!), Fowler is doing a very good job, Preston may be the weak spot, but he is decent, and Pennington is shaping into a good player.

The second most obvious need would be the defensive tackle position. But Tripplett has been playing great of late. I know how Anderson and Williams play like senior citizens, but would you spend a first round draft pick on a DT when you drafted Mccargo last year?

With that being said, when I picture who will be holding up a Bills uni in next years draft, the guy I could most likely see is Dwayne Jarrett. He's a great reciever who is actually not 5'9! (6-5 to be exact :devil: ) I was salivating when I saw him torch Notre Dame on Saturday night. Just picture Lee Evans and him!! I know you will probably rip on me for not talking about the linebacker position with Takeo playing like he is in a straight jacket in all. But you need patience with his injury. I think with his extraordinary work ethic, that in 2007 he will be Bigger, Faster, Stronger, and Better.

Yeah, I'm more in favor of going WR with the first pick next year too, assuming there is a nice one available. I think my second choice would be LB.

The obvious #1 need earlier in the year was the o-line. The O-line has only given up 1 sack in the last two games!!

849006[/snapback]

Two games. They need to at least hold their own against Merriman and the Chargers before we can begin to say o-line WAS a need.

It is almost impossible to think what the Bills #1 need going into this offseason. It is mind boggling for me to think what position the Bills would address with thier #1 pick in the draft.

The obvious #1 need earlier in the year was the o-line. The O-line has only given up 1 sack in the last two games!! Peters is an all-pro who could block the Hulk, Gandy is the captain of the o-line according to Losman (no lie!), Fowler is doing a very good job, Preston may be the weak spot, but he is decent, and Pennington is shaping into a good player.

The second most obvious need would be the defensive tackle position. But Tripplett has been playing great of late. I know how Anderson and Williams play like senior citizens, but would you spend a first round draft pick on a DT when you drafted Mccargo last year?

With that being said, when I picture who will be holding up a Bills uni in next years draft, the guy I could most likely see is Dwayne Jarrett.  He's a great reciever who is actually not 5'9! (6-5 to be exact  :devil: ) I was salivating when I saw him torch Notre Dame on Saturday night. Just picture Lee Evans and him!! I know you will probably rip on me for not talking about the linebacker position with Takeo playing like he is in a straight jacket in all. But you need patience with his injury. I think with his extraordinary work ethic, that in 2007 he will be Bigger, Faster, Stronger, and Better.

849006[/snapback]

Biggests needs are offensive line, defensive tackle, WR, and I am starting to think that LB is becoming a a need.

With that being said, when I picture who will be holding up a Bills uni in next years draft, the guy I could most likely see is Dwayne Jarrett.  He's a great reciever who is actually not 5'9! (6-5 to be exact  :devil: ) I was salivating when I saw him torch Notre Dame on Saturday night.

849006[/snapback]

While Jarrett is sick, I wouldn't use that game as a barometer for his value. NDs backfield has been weak all year and they lost their starting FS midway.

I wouldn't mind having him though.

Luckilly we still have 5 more games to assess our OLine. I have a hard time believeing they ahve gone from as bad as they were to as good as they are in 2 weeks. That said, IF we decide our OL is in good shape we still have needs (in no particular order).

1) Big Physical WR. All these little guys are good for certain things, but we are missing that one big physical attention-getting WR.

2) Tight End. Ceislak looked pretty good today, and I always seem to like Royal, but they are not the kinds of TE we need.

3) Linebacker. TKO may or may not be done, but the end is near. Fletcher may or may not be back. Crowell is a keeper, but this group needs depth, or possibly one or two new starters.

4) Pass Rushing DE. Schobel/Kelsay/Denney/Hargrove are doing a decent job, but I would like to see a speed rusher out there once in a while.

5) Run Stuffing DT. These guys we have just cant stop the run.

Yeah, I'm more in favor of going WR with the first pick next year too, assuming there is a nice one available. I think my second choice would be LB.

849031[/snapback]

Try to get lineman. This team is almost at .500 only because they have played very conservatively and let the other teams make the mistakes, which has kept them in position to not lose the game in the fourth quarter. This team could easily have lost 4 of those 5 wins, and could have won 3 of the 6 they have lost. All basically swung on one play, late in the game. In a league where mistakes determine the outcome more than great plays, patience has been the virtue of Dick Jauron, but it could have gone either way. This team needs a bunch more talent before they can start to play to win instead of not to lose.

DT, OG, RT, WR, LB, TE, FB or LB, WR, RT, OG, DT, FB. Depends who we resign and sign in free agency. If we do a good job keeping our own and adding a few solid free agents with maybe one huge signing ( Steinbach or Leanord Davis to play RT or RG cause I think Gandy is playing solid at LG, Yes, it's true ), we could take the best available approach.

Try to get lineman.  This team is almost at .500 only because they have played very conservatively and let the other teams make the mistakes, which has kept them in position to not lose the game in the fourth quarter.  This team could easily have lost 4 of those 5 wins, and could have won 3 of the 6 they have lost.  All basically swung on one play, late in the game.  In a league where mistakes determine the outcome more than great plays, patience has been the virtue of Dick Jauron, but it could have gone either way.  This team needs a bunch more talent before they can start to play to win instead of not to lose.

849052[/snapback]

Yeah, I think ultimately that will be the most glaring need...particularly getting a stud Dlineman who can plug the run. I don't know what to think of the Oline right now cause they've been playing so well the past two weeks. I mean, Jax's line is maybe the best in the game, yet Willis had a nice ypc average and we gave up no sacks. That's HUGE!

Like JimBob said, I don't know how they can just be magically fixed after two games either, but at the same time I think you have to take notice at how the changes we made during the break have paid off.

While Jarrett is sick, I wouldn't use that game as a barometer for his value.  NDs backfield has been weak all year and they lost their starting FS midway.

I wouldn't mind having him though.

849050[/snapback]

True, but that one handed catch was amazing!

Things can always change, and Free Agency is a factor as well but I'd like to see the draft focus on-

OL - even if it's for depth it's been a need for a long time on this team.

DT - We need atleast one guy who is both strong and quick, not just one or the other. They are hard to find but do exist (stroud for example).

LB- we need some depth here, depending on FA for Fletcher, and if Spikes can make a full or near full recovery.

TE- this is still an area that needs help.

FB- Shelton has improved from earlier this season but he isn't getting any younger.

1) Big Physical WR.  All these little guys are good for certain things, but we are missing that one big physical attention-getting WR. 

849051[/snapback]

I may be the only one in here, but I wouldn't mind giving Mike Williams a shot after the Lions let him go... if the price is right. Maybe we'd have better luck with this MW.

Lots of big WR's this year. Jarret may end up being at the top of the WR list, but right now he's 3rd:

1 Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech Jr, 6-4, 230

2 Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State Jr, 6-0, 175

3 Dwayne Jarret, WR, USC Jr, 6-5, 210

4 Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame Sr, 6-5, 220

5 Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina Jr, 6-3, 200

6 Steve Smith, WR, USC Sr, 6-0, 195

7 Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee 2007, 6-3, 210

8 Jarrett Hicks, WR, Texas Tech Sr, 6-3, 215

Anybody here you wouldn't want in Round 1-2?

With that being said, when I picture who will be holding up a Bills uni in next years draft, the guy I could most likely see is Dwayne Jarrett.  He's a great reciever who is actually not 5'9! (6-5 to be exact  :D ) I was salivating when I saw him torch Notre Dame on Saturday night. Just picture Lee Evans and him!! I know you will probably rip on me for not talking about the linebacker position with Takeo playing like he is in a straight jacket in all. But you need patience with his injury. I think with his extraordinary work ethic, that in 2007 he will be Bigger, Faster, Stronger, and Better.

849006[/snapback]

WR??? ?? O LINE & D line!!!!

Lots of big WR's this year. Jarret may end up being at the top of the WR list, but right now he's 3rd:

1  Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech Jr, 6-4, 230

2  Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State Jr, 6-0, 175

3  Dwayne Jarret, WR, USC Jr, 6-5, 210

4  Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame Sr, 6-5, 220

5  Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina Jr, 6-3, 200

6  Steve Smith, WR, USC Sr, 6-0, 195

7  Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee 2007, 6-3, 210

8  Jarrett Hicks, WR, Texas Tech Sr, 6-3, 215

Anybody here you wouldn't want in Round 1-2?

850154[/snapback]

very good point, who do you think is the number obe DT going into the draft?