Anyone thinking of going after Byron Leftwich?

From what I've seen he has been consistantly leading his team above .500 and making the playoffs most years. Doesn't take much to be better then JP, watching the statue for too long, Losman. He needs to learn to get rid of the ball. He goes through his leads like he has an eternity to find a WR. I don't think the line is that bad. I think our QBs have made them look that way, and unless the Bills are looking for a QB in the draft they should be looking at Jacksonville or KC.

PS. I've always like A-train and he did a nice job but thank god its just a broken rib.

I would take Leftwich over Losman. Losman is as bad as Bledsoe in terms of getting rid of the ball (the fact is anything more than 4 seconds to throw the ball is a luxury). Some people think he is still going to develop but look at the other QBs from that draft (Eli Manning, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers) have already shown something by now where Losman really hasn't.

I would take Leftwich over Losman.  Losman is as bad as Bledsoe in terms of getting rid of the ball (the fact is anything more than 4 seconds to throw the ball is a luxury).  Some people think he is still going to develop but look at the other QBs from that draft (Eli Manning, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers) have already shown something by now where Losman really hasn't.

830060[/snapback]

Eli-consistent at times, nothing spectacular

Big Ben-showing now that he's just average, had a great team around him the two previous years

Philip Rivers-Managing the game, oh yeah, he also has the best hb and te in the NFL, also a great line

Of all the QB's in that draft JP has had the worst start yes, but look at what is around him

Big Ben-showing now that he's just average, had a great team around him the two previous years

Philip Rivers-Managing the game, oh yeah, he also has the best hb and te in the NFL, also a great line

Of all the QB's in that draft JP has had the worst start yes, but look at what is around him

830082[/snapback]

Not to mention the fantastic DEFENSE those teams have had during those seasons and this year....Also, note the lack of any pressure (other than for Eli) for these QBs to ease into their teams.

look at the other QBs from that draft (Eli Manning, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers) have already shown something by now where Losman really hasn't.

830060[/snapback]

Look at the offensive lines that the other QBs from that draft (Eli Manning, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers) got to play with, not to mention having the likes of a Tiki, The Bus or an LT, where Losman hasn't been so lucky.

But don't fret, there's a few others here that would choose to ignore these factors also.

If you say so.

Nothing to do with almost dieing in the off season, coming back before he was healthy, having his appendix rupture, and then getting a concusion....what was JP's excuse? Oh yeah, his line is crummy.

Never started a game before this year, yet he can manage a game? how? I thought you need two years as a starter without being pulled?

If you say so.

Nothing to do with almost dieing in the off season, coming back before he was healthy, having his appendix rupture, and then getting a concusion....what was JP's excuse? Oh yeah, his line is crummy.

Never started a game before this year, yet he can manage a game? how? I thought you need two years as a starter without being pulled?

830184[/snapback]

Roethlisberger had a hell of a team around him.

Eli is consistent at times but also has special players around him.

Rivers has the best hb in the game and the best TE in the game.

I just though I would re-state that, it seems quite obvious. If you read the last part of my thread I stated that Losman has had the worst start of those QB's.

Leftwhich has one of, if not the tallest sets of WR's in football. A lot of his success has come with ball placement to taller receivers on fades, and floaters. The Jags run the jump ball fade more then any other team in football. In normal passing plays Leftwhich has often struggled. I don't know how much of that is on Leftwhich and his slow progressions/long delivery, or the JVILLE WR's and inability to separate. Regardless he would be going threw a major system shock if he came here. He's also been getting banged up since his days at Marshall. He has no mobility, so he takes a lot of punishment. Even if he is better then JP he's far from an ideal fit with the Bills.

like I said before on the same topic.  No.  I think we need to get a good rookie qb (Quinn or Smith) in Buffalo.

830165[/snapback]

No....If that happens, it will put this team further away from the playoffs without having the abilityu to build the OL and DL.