McGahee being carted off for rib injury

H2o

I didn't see the game, but caught a brief highlight of him being carted off the field. The announcers gave no details as to what kind of injury it was either. I saw him grasping his leg sort of and thought to myself "Oh no, not another knee injury." When I found out it was because of his ribs, all I could think was "Are you kidding me? Carted off the field for getting hit in the side?" I was baffled in a way. Joe Paterno is almost 80 friggin years old, gets trucked by a TE, fractures his leg on the sideline, and the trainers can't even get him to sit down so they can get a good look at his leg. Willis gets carted off for a rib injury? Does this make anyone else besides myself question his overall toughness now days?

I didn't see the game, but caught a brief highlight of him being carted off the field. The announcers gave no details as to what kind of injury it was either. I saw him grasping his leg sort of and thought to myself "Oh no, not another knee injury." When I found out it was because of his ribs, all I could think was "Are you kidding me? Carted off the field for getting hit in the side?" I was baffled in a way. Joe Paterno is almost 80 friggin years old, gets trucked by a TE, fractures his leg on the sideline, and the trainers can't even get him to sit down so they can get a good look at his leg. Willis gets carted off for a rib injury? Does this make anyone else besides myself question his overall toughness now days?

828316[/snapback]

I broke a couple of ribs last year and would have gladly taken a cart...

I don't expect him to do a "wind sprint" to the locker room, but carted off? And I did crack a couple of ribs in highschool so I know it doesn't feel that great. They didn't have to cart me off.

I don't expect him to do a "wind sprint" to the locker room, but carted off? And I did crack a couple of ribs in highschool so I know it doesn't feel that great. They didn't have to cart me off.

828324[/snapback]

I know there have been a couple of internal organ injuries lately and I just wonder if on an injury like a broken rib if the player and medical staff just try to be very careful until a diagnosis is made. Perhaps the staff insisted he take a cart.

I recommend you go out, have someone crack your ninth rib, and then get up and run around and let us know how that works out for you, okay?

828318[/snapback]

and make sure you use the proper method for cracking your rib - laying on the ground and having 750+ pounds of humanoid crush your ribcage...

828324[/snapback]

From the way the trainers were looking at him, the ribs look to be broken on the left side of his body. I've had that injury before. It feels like someone has stabbed you with a knife and I remember the pain travelling along my backside so that I couldn't walk at a decent pace without assistance. McGahee walked off the field to the sidelines very slowly and they probably took the cart to get him looked at ASAP.

I didn't think something like this would lead to you questioning his toughness. Seriously, the man blew his knee out in the worst way and fought back to play. He's tough.

I don't expect him to do a "wind sprint" to the locker room, but carted off? And I did crack a couple of ribs in high school so I know it doesn't feel that great. They didn't have to cart me off.

828324[/snapback]

So when you had your ribs cracked, they were able to diagnose you right away while you were on the ground, and all the doctors and trainers who were surrounding and evaluating you decided not to bother with the cart? Were you a multi-million dollar player under contract with the high school as well?

Forgive the sarcasm, but for the love of god...the guy has a rib broken and now we're busting his nuts because he's not as tough as Joe Paterno?

People.

Please.

Stop.

828324[/snapback]

So if there was a golf cart sitting next to you after you cracked the ribs, you would have said, no thanks, I'll walk?

828324[/snapback]

You obviously have a higher tolerance for pain than Willis. Ever since he rehabbed from that shredded knee I knew he was a wuss. I don't think he has any heart. We'll be better off without him.

Anthony Thomas might be better, anyway.

828426[/snapback]

The A-train would have thrown the cart out of the way and told the doctor to forget about the x-rays and said he was playing in the game, then on the next play, he would break his leg like Paterno and keep running with the ball in for the winning TD cause the A-train is the greatest RB to come to the Bills since Thomas. Willis probably would get carted off for a hang nail just because he is a wuss.

McGahee being carted off for rib injury

What does it really mean?

828316[/snapback]

It means our line was a sieve on that play. You said you didn't see the play, you just saw Willis in a cart. Had you seen the play, you would've seen one guy burst into the backfield at full speed and hammer his shoulder into Willis' midsection, while a second guy came and crashed in on top of Willis as he and the first defender were going to the ground. You would've also seen Willis laying there with a look of intense pain on his face while the training staff tended to him.

Then....here's the part where you really look like an idiot....You would've seen Willis walk off the filed with assistance from two trainers, and make it to the bench, still in extreme pain. Just like you did in high school. Then, once on the bench, they determined it was something internal, possibly a rib injury, so they called the cart over, and carted him to the locker room for x-rays.

Thanks for being a moron.

Ha-Ha. You guys are funny. Thanks for the name calling. :P It's hilarious how you guys take all of these things so personally to the point that you do what you do. :w00t: If you look back over my posts, you'll never see me "bashing" Willis. I've always spoken highly of the guy, but something just doesn't seem the same with him anymore. Now if he took the cart on the advice of the medical staff that he shouldn't be walking, that's great. But, I was going by what I saw and posed a simple question to everyone else. Thanks for your "Lance Bass" behavior. :P

The A-train would have thrown the cart out of the way and told the doctor to forget about the x-rays and said he was playing in the game, then on the next play, he would break his leg like Paterno and keep running with the ball in for the winning TD cause the A-train is the greatest RB to come to the Bills since Thomas. Willis probably would get carted off for a hang nail just because he is a wuss.

828460[/snapback]

would this have been after or before Nall threw for 400 yards in the same game?

would this have been after or before Nall threw for 400 yards in the same game?

828594[/snapback]

it would have been before, remember, Nall came in during the 4th to throw for 400 yards.

Then he lost the game on purpose so he could go with AJ Hawk and his wife and help them find a place for her brother to stay when he is ushered in as the new Saviour of the Bills as he takes over QB duties

Ha-Ha. You guys are funny. Thanks for the name calling. :P  It's hilarious how you guys take all of these things so personally to the point that you do what you do.  :w00t: If you look back over my posts, you'll never see me "bashing" Willis. I've always spoken highly of the guy, but something just doesn't seem the same with him anymore. Now if he took the cart on the advice of the medical staff that he shouldn't be walking, that's great. But, I was going by what I saw and posed a simple question to everyone else. Thanks for your "Lance Bass" behavior.  :P

828581[/snapback]

I didn't take anything personally. If you want to start threads about things you didn't even see, stating that Willis was carted off the field (which he wasn't) and then ask a question about his toughness and him not being as 'tough as he used to be', you should expect some good replies. Willis has not missed a game in three years since recovering from his knee injury. All of that playing behind the Bills line and QB's- I'd say he's pretty tough. Mentioning that Joe Paterno didn't want a cart but Willis did may not have been bashing #21, but it certainly seemed to be calling him out.