A message from the soldiers in Iraq

IBTG81

I can't get the link to open but I think it's the same picture I saw yesterday. About 5 or 6 Army soldiers holding a long sign all misspelled?

As a Marine who did my time in Iraq and has a college education I was actually happy to see Kerry's remark. Just shows what kind of an ass he is and why I'm glad he didn't win the election.

I can't get the link to open but I think it's the same picture I saw yesterday. About 5 or 6 Army soldiers holding a long sign all misspelled?

As a Marine who did my time in Iraq and has a college education I was actually happy to see Kerry's remark. Just shows what kind of an ass he is and why I'm glad he didn't win the election.

823088[/snapback]

Really it shows his stupidity on a couple levels. How many times do you think that his handlers have told him not to go off the cuff? But does he listen? Nooooooooooooooooooo!(said in a John Belushi voice)

So that's stuupid thing one.

Stuupid thing 2...he thinks he can weave a funny anecdote, not realizing that he aint got what it takes. So he says something offensive to many people regardless of politics.

Stuupid thing 3...instead of aplogizing and moving to damage control he makes things worse.

friggin moron

Really it shows his stupidity on a couple levels.  How many times do you think that his handlers have told him not to go off the cuff?  But does he listen?  Nooooooooooooooooooo!(said in a John Belushi voice)

So that's stuupid thing one.

Stuupid thing 2...he thinks he can weave a funny anecdote, not realizing that he aint got what it takes.  So he says something offensive to many people regardless of politics.

Stuupid thing 3...instead of aplogizing and moving to damage control he makes things worse.

friggin moron

823093[/snapback]

This story, both Kerry's comment and the Republican spin doctors' reactions to it, make this possibly the "stoopidist" story in a while...proof that the American public gets what they deserve...we're all stuck in Iraq!

Kerry should have apologized to the American soldiers (even though it is obvious, if you see/hear the entire transcript, his disrespect was aimed at Bush and his "advisers"- but, I know, we all continue to let ourselves to be outraged over part of the story), just as Bush should be apologizing to those same people, for the tangled up mess he has gotten them, their families, and their country in.

The lightest moment of this whole flap, was Bush on the Rush Limbaugh show, chastizing Kerry, for not realizing that his "words have consequences"...Bush is the boldest and most brazen crook I can remember in politics in decades. We seem to like it that way...

What is even dumber is that the Democrats elected him to run for President. All they had to do was choose someone that wasn't crazy (Dean) or an unlikeable gold digging stiff (Kerry) and they probably would have one the election.

What is even dumber is that the Democrats elected him to run for President. All they had to do was choose someone that wasn't crazy (Dean) or an unlikeable gold digging stiff (Kerry) and they probably would have one the election.

823298[/snapback]

All these Dems are crazy, man....CRAZY! :D

Obama is a ticking time bomb!

I've never understood why anyone would willingly proclaim him/herself as either a democrat or a republican. It's like there are only two kinds of people in the world, morons and imbeciles, and the morons hate the imbeciles and the imbeciles hate the morons, but they're too stupid to even understand why. Meanwhile, they're all idiots.

823298[/snapback]

Speaking of that.......has anyone seen Dear Ms. Heinz lately? Did Kerry let Teddy Kennedy drive her home from the Senate Christmas party last year?

I've never understood why anyone would willingly proclaim him/herself as either a democrat or a republican.  It's like there are only two kinds of people in the world, morons and imbeciles, and the morons hate the imbeciles and the imbeciles hate the morons, but they're too stupid to even understand why.  Meanwhile, they're all idiots.

823303[/snapback]

Actually the world is made up of Dicks, P*ssies, and @ssholes

I've never understood why anyone would willingly proclaim him/herself as either a democrat or a republican.  It's like there are only two kinds of people in the world, morons and imbeciles, and the morons hate the imbeciles and the imbeciles hate the morons, but they're too stupid to even understand why.  Meanwhile, they're all idiots.

823303[/snapback]

Power in numbers, my friend...even stupid people can become powerful when they all get together

823298[/snapback]

Nice spelling. Enjoy Iraq. We'll miss you.

That's a really good answer.  Do you mind if I use this as the title of my new book about why humanity is doomed?

823330[/snapback]

:D

Should be a best seller, since most stupid people are too stupid to know that you're writing about them anyway :w00t:

This story, both Kerry's comment and the Republican spin doctors' reactions to it, make this possibly the "stoopidist" story in a while...proof that the American public gets what they deserve...we're all stuck in Iraq! 

Kerry should have apologized to the American soldiers (even though it is obvious, if you see/hear the entire transcript, his disrespect was aimed at Bush and his "advisers"- but, I know, we all continue to let ourselves to be outraged over part of the story), just as Bush should be apologizing to those same people, for the tangled up mess he has gotten them, their families, and their country in.

The lightest moment of this whole flap, was Bush on the Rush Limbaugh show, chastizing Kerry, for not realizing that his "words have consequences"...Bush is the boldest and most brazen crook I can remember in politics in decades. We seem to like it that way...

823181[/snapback]

But here's the thing. Why in hell does he have to make part of a speech about getting an education about Iraq? What's wrong with saying something like, you will make a lot more money if you get a good education? Politicians. :D

Oh BTW, can you explain your comment about Bush being a bold and brazen crook?

Why in hell does he have to make part of a speech about getting an education about Iraq?  What's wrong with saying something like, you will make a lot more money if you get a good education?  Politicians.  :D

823353[/snapback]

I've felt that Kerry has been so obsessed with trying to find solid footing when it comes to criticizing Bush that he often comes off as desperate and/or bumbles all over himself. I've never really mistaken Bush for a Rhodes scholar, but Kerry is certainly no more intelligent. As much as I can't stand her, I feel the model for how to gradually and effectively establish yourself as a viable (i.e. electable) candidate is the Hildebeast.

Honestly he needs to move on a little, I consider myself a progressive, and supported kerry in 2004, and would still to this day if the race was kerry V. Bush, however the GOP has done so much, why continue beating a dead horse. Yes, MOST of America knows that the whole Iraq idea was a bad one, lets continue to another mess up.

Plus, as far as I am concern the men and women that put themselves in harms way did it to themselves. I feel bad for every one of them that has passed away or have been injured. But this is a volunteer army, and until they start up a draft again, I will not protest this war/attach, and many i know feel the same way.

but i'd like to add i would be a 1st round pick in the draft!!

But here's the thing. Why in hell does he have to make part of a speech about getting an education about Iraq? What's wrong with saying something like, you will make a lot more money if you get a good education? Politicians. :D

The reason he referred to Iraq, while speaking to college students, is the same reason that you will see politicians, of all stripes, talking about national security at the opening of a baseball stadium, or any other unrelated event. They are campainging....

I think he is an outright liar. Plain and simple. I used to give him some credit, because, I honestly thought he wasn't super intelligent, or aware of anything outside his lillywhite existence, but had some conviction in his beleifs, even when it seemed he was dead wrong. I have never, and would never, vote for him, but I had to begrudigingly recognize that he seemed principaled. Much the way John McCain used to.

The more time passes though, you can't help but come to the conclusion that he is as big a liar as anyone we have seen in some time, and really does not have the best interests of this country in the forefront of his thoughts. It seems, when all of the stories and scandals are tallied at the end of his 8 years, he will make his predecessors look like choir boys. And the core of so much of this is nothing but good old red, white and blue greed, and the corruption of power. Greed and corruption are nothing new in politcs, but, unfortunately for GW, the stakes he is playing with are a bit higher...he certainly doesn't seem up to the task to me. His moral compass broke years ago...

I am not going to pretend that Democrats are any better. The outcome of this Bush era, for me, is that I have lost any faith in our political procsess, and I hate to say it, the American publics ability to not believe every line of bull sh-- hurled at them. Most here on the board lean right, that is fine. But please spare me the notion that they aren't drinking from the same pitcher of Kool-aid that the liberals are swilling from. Some people just digest things differently...

The outcome of this Bush era, for me, is that I have lost any faith in our political procsess, and I hate to say it, the American publics ability to not believe every line of bull sh-- hurled at them.  Most here on the board lean right, that is fine.  But please spare me the notion that they aren't drinking from the same pitcher of Kool-aid that the liberals are swilling from.  Some people just digest things differently...[/b]

823370[/snapback]

You and I are on opposite sides of the fence as far as our beliefs go, but I pretty much agree with what you said here. So many times I'll watch a rally of some sort and just wish I could randomly choose people to take them aside and ask them to explain in THEIR OWN words why they support a particular candidate or viewpoint. From a psychological standpoint, so many people nowadays are seeking an identity. You see it in everything from young, uneducated, troubled males who end up joining the KKK all the way up to well-educated corporate types. Like you, I think the bullsheeaat is flying higher and faster than ever before. Hell, we should scrap the color coded alert system for national security and replace it with the bullschitt meter.

People get so embedded in something that they lose their objectivity. I think that's a travesty.

The reason he referred to Iraq, while speaking to college students, is the same reason that you will see politicians, of all stripes, talking about national security at the opening of a baseball stadium, or any other unrelated event. They are campainging....

I think he is an outright liar. Plain and simple. I used to give him some credit, because, I honestly thought he wasn't super intelligent, or aware of anything outside his lillywhite existence, but had some conviction in his beleifs, even when it seemed he was dead wrong. I have never, and would never, vote for him, but I had to begrudigingly recognize that he seemed principaled. Much the way John McCain used to.

The more time passes though, you can't help but come to the conclusion that he is as big a liar as anyone we have seen in some time, and really does not have the best interests of this country in the forefront of his thoughts. It seems, when all of the stories and scandals are tallied at the end of his 8 years, he will make his predecessors look like choir boys. And the core of so much of this is nothing but good old red, white and blue greed, and the corruption of power. Greed and corruption are nothing new in politcs, but, unfortunately for GW, the stakes he is playing with are a bit higher...he certainly doesn't seem up to the task to me. His moral compass broke years ago...

I am not going to pretend that Democrats are any better. The outcome of this Bush era, for me, is that I have lost any faith in our political procsess, and I hate to say it, the American publics ability to not believe every line of bull sh-- hurled at them. Most here on the board lean right, that is fine. But please spare me the notion that they aren't drinking from the same pitcher of Kool-aid that the liberals are swilling from. Some people just digest things differently...

823370[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong. I feel that Bush has not been a great President. Not sure who at the point would be. Politicians are politicians. But I wanted to hear proof, not just your opinion that he is a liar and a bold a brazen crook. Because if he's bold and brazen it should be pretty obvious. And I'll take specifics, not generalities or opinions.

Don't get me wrong.  I feel that Bush has not been a great President.  Not sure who at the point would be.  Politicians are politicians.   But I wanted to hear proof, not just your opinion that he is a liar and a bold a brazen crook.  Because if he's bold and brazen it should be pretty obvious.   And I'll take specifics, not generalities or opinions.

823393[/snapback]

Is the entire fiasco in Iraq too general? The reasons our president gave for attacking Iraq? The fact that there seems to have been no real plan for Iraq, after the "mission was accomplished" crap. His continued lip service to the enviorment? His whole "the jury is still out" on global warming? His continued reliance on bull sh-- issues, like gay marriage whenever elections are in the balance? His continued attempts to blur the seperation of church and government? His crummy educational plan. His half-assed attempt at "saving" the social security system? His continuing protection of his rich cronnies through tax breaks that are not really benefitting anyone but them? His placement of very mediocre (and that is being kind) public servants, to perform important tasks ("Brownie", Condi Rice, Donald Rumsfeld come immediately to mind). It is very refreshing to have a true Washington outsider in the white house, huh...liberals want to throw money at every social issue. GW wants to throw that same money, and more, to his friends and constituants...Bush is no conservative, he is an out of control king, abusing his servants.

I guess I see it all these things as pretty obvious. How this slime can call out John Kerry (who I happen to think is a douche bag as well) for very transparent political purposes, while he continues with his failed plan in Iraq is about as bold and brazen as you can get. Have you ever heard George W Bush apologize for anything? Have you ever heard George W Bush admitt that he was wrong about something? Whether it is him, or the people he is relying on for guidance, he has been wrong at nearly every turn. They should leave their forcasting about the future to Nostradamus, or some other more qualified hack.

Bush has been touting the fact that the economy is now robust. Of course, if you ignore the individual numbers, it looks better. Yet when you look closer (somehthing GW can't/won't do, and certainly doesn't what voters to do), the economy is as bad as ever for most, but better for his elite "base". He has been boasting about the housing market exploding, ignoring the fact that the biggest factor in that growth is yuppies and blue bloods like his crowd are buying second and third houses.

There is nothing noble about George W Bush, the failed businessman who became president.

823303[/snapback]

Or like The Zax:

"The Zax"

"The Zax" is a lesson about the importance of compromise. In the story a North-going Zax and a South-going Zax meet face to face in the desert.

Because they refuse to move east, west, or any direction except their objective direction, the two Zax become stuck, as they refuse to move around each other. The Zax stand so long that eventually a highway overpass is built around them, and the story ends with the Zax still standing there.