It's Tuesday, time for TMQ

And as usual, he has some Bills bits...

Stat of the Week No. 5: Dick Jauron is on pace to finish with one winning season in seven as a head coach.

Stat of the Week No. 8: Bill Belichick is 13-1 against Buffalo.

Buck-Buck-Brawckkkkkkk No. 1: Trailing 21-3 with 11:50 remaining in the contest, Buffalo faced a fourth-and-9 on the New England 28. In trotted the field goal unit. What does a field goal here accomplish except perhaps make the final score less embarrassing? Entering this game, the Bills had been defeated in 11 of their past 12 outings against New England. Play to win! Play to win! Plus you're 2-4, what do you have to lose? And now you're 2-5. Note: You deserve to be 2-5. New England led 7-3 and faced a third-and-10 on the Buffalo 21. Tom Brady was hemmed in by the rush, danced around a bit and then simply took a knee for a loss of yardage. After Brady went down -- the rules specify that when a ballcarrier voluntarily goes to his knee, the play ends -- Buffalo's London Fletcher body-slammed the kneeling quarterback. There's dumb, there's stupid and there's beyond-classification; this was the last one. Rather than attempt a field goal, New England got a first down, scored a touchdown on the possession, and TMQ wrote the words "game over" in his notebook.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...terbrook/061024

Thank God we have a bye, so next Tuesday we don't have to read how schitty the Bills are...

:blink:

Note: You deserve to be 2-5. New England led 7-3 and faced a third-and-10 on the Buffalo 21. Tom Brady was hemmed in by the rush, danced around a bit and then simply took a knee for a loss of yardage. After Brady went down -- the rules specify that when a ballcarrier voluntarily goes to his knee, the play ends -- Buffalo's London Fletcher body-slammed the kneeling quarterback. There's dumb, there's stupid and there's beyond-classification; this was the last one. Rather than attempt a field goal, New England got a first down, scored a touchdown on the possession, and TMQ wrote the words "game over" in his notebook.

Yes...this was a penalty and it was the right call.

But this yutz apparently didn't look at the play close enough. Brady went down *immediately* before he was hit. Kelsay's momentum was going to make him hit Brady and Fletcher's momentum probably did, too. He doesn't need use this play to tell the Bills they deserve to be 2-5. This was more of a smart play by Brady than a stupid play by Fletcher, Kelsay, etc.

But this yutz apparently didn't look at the play close enough. Brady went down *immediately* before he was hit. Kelsay's momentum was going to make him hit Brady and Fletcher's momentum probably did, too. He doesn't need use this play to tell the Bills they deserve to be 2-5. This was more of a smart play by Brady than a stupid play by Fletcher, Kelsay, etc.

815852[/snapback]

I couldn't disagree more.....It was an incredibly stupid play by Kelsay

that field goal put us down 2 scores(1 TD & 1 TD with 2pt conversion), we miss it we are down 3 scores..that was a no-brainer

Buck-Buck-Brawckkkkkkk No. 1: Trailing 21-3 with 11:50 remaining in the contest, Buffalo faced a fourth-and-9 on the New England 28. In trotted the field goal unit. What does a field goal here accomplish except perhaps make the final score less embarrassing? Entering this game, the Bills had been defeated in 11 of their past 12 outings against New England. Play to win! Play to win! Plus you're 2-4, what do you have to lose? And now you're 2-5. Note: You deserve to be 2-5. New England led 7-3 and faced a third-and-10 on the Buffalo 21. Tom Brady was hemmed in by the rush, danced around a bit and then simply took a knee for a loss of yardage. After Brady went down -- the rules specify that when a ballcarrier voluntarily goes to his knee, the play ends -- Buffalo's London Fletcher body-slammed the kneeling quarterback. There's dumb, there's stupid and there's beyond-classification; this was the last one. Rather than attempt a field goal, New England got a first down, scored a touchdown on the possession, and TMQ wrote the words "game over" in his notebook.

Buck-Buck-Brawckkkkkkk No. 1: Trailing 21-3 with 11:50 remaining in the contest, Buffalo faced a fourth-and-9 on the New England 28. In trotted the field goal unit. What does a field goal here accomplish except perhaps make the final score less embarrassing?

Hello Mr King,

When the score is 21-3 with 11:50 remaining contest and you are facing 4th and 9 on the opponents 28, you kick the field. Why you ask? Because then the game is a two score game instead of a three score game. Even if you covert the 4th and 9, and eventually score a TD on the drive, it is still a two score game. I will be happy to answer any other football related questions that confuse you. Thanks.

Signed,

My 6 year old nephew

815852[/snapback]

Actually, what he got wrong was that Bray didn't go down on a knee, he sat down on his @ss. Nopt a smart play by either players, Kelsay because you know the ref is going to call him on a late hit, weither it was too late to stop or not, and dumb for brady for not actually sliding and just dropping and taking a hit that could have put him in a seat next to Big Ben next week.

that field goal put us down 2 scores(1 TD & 1 TD with 2pt conversion), we miss it we are down 3 scores..that was a no-brainer

815868[/snapback]

Sadly, I agree with him on this one, only because going for a field go does not show that your team is looking to win. You are taking what you can get and not trying to go for the win. With the time left in the game you go for the TD to get the score closer and rely on getting the field goal at the end of the game for the win. Its easier to kick a field goal for a win (Well unless your Arizonas Kicker instead of forcing your team that has had trouble scoring TD's to have to score a TD for the win. )

Sadly, I agree with him on this one, only because going for a field go does not show that your team is looking to win. You are taking what you can get and not trying to go for the win. With the time left in the game you go for the TD to get the score closer and rely on getting the field goal at the end of the game for the win. Its easier to kick a field goal for a win (Well unless your Arizonas Kicker instead of forcing your team that has had trouble scoring TD's to have to score a TD for the win. )

815879[/snapback]

Gotta agree with you here. The people saying you kick the figgie to make it a 2 score game are ignoring the fact that WE ONLY HAD ONE FUGGIN' FG AT THAT POINT! 2 scores or 200 scores, it meant schit. Jauron needed to reach down his pants and find some balls and go for the TD to make a statement, instead he found a tampon string down there...

and if he did and failed he would be crucified for that..he needs to put us in a position to win the game and being down 2 scores does that better than being down 3 scores but showing some sac

Gotta agree with you here. The people saying you kick the figgie to make it a 2 score game are ignoring the fact that WE ONLY HAD ONE FUGGIN' FG AT THAT POINT! 2 scores or 200 scores, it meant schit. Jauron needed to reach down his pants and find some balls and go for the TD to make a statement, instead he found a tampon string down there...

815888[/snapback]

Hello Mr King,

When the score is 21-3 with 11:50 remaining contest and you are facing 4th and 9 on the opponents 28, you kick the field. Why you ask? Because then the game is a two score game instead of a three score game. Even if you covert the 4th and 9, and eventually score a TD on the drive, it is still a two score game. I will be happy to answer any other football related questions that confuse you. Thanks.

Signed,

My 6 year old nephew

815873[/snapback]

Hello Mr. Finkle's Nephew,

I'm sorry son, but I don't write Tuesday Morning Quarterback, that's Gregg Easterbrook. Maybe you should have asked your uncle before writing your kind message. I write Monday Morning Quarterback, and I agree with your points. I'd be happy to answer any other football column related questions that confuse you.

Signed,

Mr. King

and if he did and failed he would be crucified for that..he needs to put us in a position to win the game and being down 2 scores does that better than being down 3 scores but showing some sac

815891[/snapback]

Not by me. If you seriously thought the Bills were going to mount a comeback based upon going for that field goal then I want what you're smoking. Better to go for the TD or at least the 1st down and fail, then send out the field goal unit looking like you're trying to get a few measely points to lessen the severity of the beating like a dickless wonder...

What Kelsay did was truly one of the stupidest things I have seen in professional football. He should have been benched for the rest of the game and maybe even one game afterwards.

815863[/snapback]

His high motor would not slow down, therefore he slammed into Brady like a car with an accelerator that is stuck.

It's the buck bucck bucccccackk one that I think is really relevant.  28-3 field goal is utterly pointless.

815866[/snapback]

It was actually 21-3 at the time. A FG puts the game within two scores while a missed 4th down conversion pretty much ends the game. Even if the Bills get a TD they STILL need 2 scores so going for it on 4th down is pointless. The FG was the right call.

Hello Mr King,

Signed,

My 6 year old nephew

815873[/snapback]

Whoops, didn't read this one before I made a similar post.

Whoops, didn't read this one before I made a similar post.

816076[/snapback]

Did you ever hear of situational awareness? You go for the TD in that situation to make the score 21 - 10. Then you have a chance to win with 2 scores. The FG puts you 15 behind. Two TD's and a 2 pointer to TIE, an unlikely scenario at best. In one case you can say you going for a win and in the other you are going through the motions of-protect-your-assology by being 'smart'. Note the quotes.

I'm sorry son, but I don't write Tuesday Morning Quarterback, that's Gregg Easterbrook. Maybe you should have asked your uncle before writing your kind message. I write Monday Morning Quarterback, and I agree with your points. I'd be happy to answer any other football column related questions that confuse you.

Signed,

Mr. King

815892[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Mr Finkle's nephew really does watch football like a 6 year old.

That was a blatant penalty and the only reason for thinking otherwise is that the poor boy needs glasses or was sampling some of his Uncle's Budweiser.

Honestly... the veteran "leaders" of this crappy defense both committed a sub-moronic penalty. Don't shoot the messenger for pointing it out.

Signed,

Mr. King

815892[/snapback]

pwned!

Did you ever hear of situational awareness?  You go for the TD in that situation to make the score 21 - 10.  Then you have a chance to win with 2 scores.  The FG puts you 15 behind.  Two TD's and a 2 pointer to TIE, an unlikely scenario at best.  In one case you can say you going for a win and in the other you are going through the motions of-protect-your-assology by being 'smart'.  Note the quotes.

816169[/snapback]

Converting a 4th and 9 is a "likely" scenerio? The Bills were going to need a FG at some point (unless you actually thought they'd score 3 TDs...). They were in FG range and had a 4th and long, you kick the FG. If it was 4th and 3 or so then they could go for it, but not 4th and 9.

Converting a 4th and 9 is a "likely" scenerio?  The Bills were going to need a FG at some point (unless you actually thought they'd score 3 TDs...).  They were in FG range and had a 4th and long, you kick the FG.  If it was 4th and 3 or so then they could go for it, but not 4th and 9.

816252[/snapback]

Shocking that Easterbrook would trot out one of his standard coaching criticisms without pausing to take the details of the situation into account.

Signed,

Mr. King

815892[/snapback]

Mr. King, where is the two lines about your cofferdness......you forgot to add it in :lol: