Romo is in..See ya Bloody Toe

erynthered

I just can't believe that there is anyone left who would honestly want Bledsoe back here under any circumstances and for any reason.

815168[/snapback]

Well... at least when Drew was here, we were sure it wasn't the QB's fault. ;)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also a possibility that the 0-coordinator has been figured out ... I believe we fired our 2002 0-coordinator. Remember?

815032[/snapback]

If memory serves, Bledsoe looked quite mediocre in New England when Charlie Weis was his coordinator. Part of the reason Brady was such an improvement was that Bledsoe had left plenty of room in which to improve.

In addition to looking mediocre under Weiss, Bledsoe has looked mediocre in all but the first 8 games of Gilbride, and again under Clements. Other than his first 8 games in Dallas, he's looked mediocre or worse there too. Between Weiss, Gilbride, Clements, and that Dallas guy, you're looking at four offensive coordinators. At some point, you have to realize it's unlikely Bledsoe had a string of four bad offensive coordinators, and that a big part of the problem may be him.

With that said, Dallas's offensive line got manhandled by the Giants tonight.

Tony Romo did a much better job of making lemonaide out of lemons than Bledsoe did. On the other hand, Romo made a number of costly and foolish mistakes. But 80% of the time, he had a commanding presence at QB. I mean, you just felt he'd find some way to will his team down the field. If I'm Parcells, I'd start Romo.

If memory serves, Bledsoe looked quite mediocre in New England when Charlie Weis was his coordinator. Part of the reason Brady was such an improvement was that Bledsoe had left plenty of room in which to improve.

In addition to looking mediocre under Weiss, Bledsoe has looked mediocre in all but the first 8 games of Gilbride, and again under Clements. Other than his first 8 games in Dallas, he's looked mediocre or worse there too. Between Weiss, Gilbride, Clements, and that Dallas guy, you're looking at four offensive coordinators. At some point, you have to realize it's unlikely Bledsoe had a string of four bad offensive coordinators, and that a big part of the problem may be him.

With that said, Dallas's offensive line got manhandled by the Giants tonight.

Tony Romo did a much better job of making lemonaide out of lemons than Bledsoe did. On the other hand, Romo made a number of costly and foolish mistakes. But 80% of the time, he had a commanding presence at QB. I mean, you just felt he'd find some way to will his team down the field. If I'm Parcells, I'd start Romo.

815174[/snapback]

so, does romo have "IT"?

I never wanted Bledsoe on the Bills team and I'm glad he's gone. Let him get his five good games a season somewhere else.

Would you rather have the Bills play against Bledsoe or with him as your quarterback? I'd choose the former every time. (I'm sure the Bills' defense would concur, if they could stop drooling at the probability of all those sacks long enough!)

I thought it was hilarious that after Bledsoe ran in that first touchdown (that didn't look like one to me, but it was close) he jumped up and made a big deal about spiking the football as if to say "Take that Cowboy fans! I told you I didn't suck!". Two quarters later and he's benched...

;)

815204[/snapback]

Yes, that was most definitely a "Take that, all my critics!" spike. (And, no, the ball wasn't in the end zone. It was similar to the Vinny's helmet touchdown several years ago before they brought back instant replay.)

What you're seeing right now is exactly why Bledsoe has been in the league for 14 years....

He'll eventually have a good drive and put up some points and give everyone just enough hope that he's going to lead the team to the promised land.

Bledsoe is a zero-sum QB.....

814946[/snapback]

Quote of the week! ;)

Hey Drew...way to be a great guy and team player.  He stood there and sulked the entire 2nd half with his hands holding onto the neckline of his jersey.  Nice to see you supporting Romo and the rest of the team.  ;)

815242[/snapback]

I didn't watch the second half, but at least that's better then Travis who put a coat on and sulked at the end of the bench when Mcgahee went in.

Bledsoe should sign a contract like roger clemens this year. Since he's onyl capable of having 8 good games, and inevitably crashes and burns at the conclusion of every season, dont start him until week 12. His 8 games should get you through the final 5 reg season games and 3 playoff games. Bingo, sB win.

Then again, you still hafta get past his choking in every critical game or clutch moment.

Then again, you still hafta get past his choking in every critical game or clutch moment.

815307[/snapback]

;)

Seems like there's just no way to get around it! 0:)

Quote of the week!  ;)

815229[/snapback]

lol, that's totally what he does! And that's the only reason why he's been able to stay in the league this long. It's like being married to a woman who gives you great sex one night, but then later in the week she's out giving your buddy a reach around. You get all pissed off about it and think about moving on to another woman, but then there's the great sex again....you just can't get away from it!

I never wanted Bledsoe on the Bills team and I'm glad he's gone. Let him get his five good games a season somewhere else.

Would you rather have the Bills play against Bledsoe or with him as your quarterback? I'd choose the former every time. (I'm sure the Bills' defense would concur, if they could stop drooling at the probability of all those sacks long enough!)

815197[/snapback]

great point....that says it all!

so, does romo have "IT"?

815193[/snapback]

That's a very good question. He played half a football game. Multiply his stats by two, and you've got a guy on pace for 450 yards, 4 TDs, and 6 INTs. He looked like a guy who was on pace for all these things.

At this point, Parcells has to realize he's not going anywhere with Bledsoe as his quarterback. There's a chance Romo could do something, if he could just cut back those INTs and other brain dead mistakes. I think they have to play him a few weeks to see if he has "it."

WTF? What law school let HIM in the door? :(  :D  :w00t:

815207[/snapback]

Im not sure how I want to answer this. Hmm ...

Joe. If you take a look back at all of your posts throughout time, how do you feel that you have the right to discourage or mock ANYONE on this board. Some of your posts are troll-worthy. Moving the team? Come on. You have to be kidding. Out of every 100 posts you put up, you have about 5 valid points.

:blink:

"It was too many mistakes," Parcells said of Bledsoe's performance. "Too much improvising."

Parcells and several Cowboys players acknowledged that on the killer interception -- on second-and-goal from the Giants' 4-yard line -- Bledsoe threw to the wrong side.

I had rather forgotten about it, but I do remember Drew changing play calls and making his own choices with disastrous results. In that context, this doesn't surprise me.

Not piling on the guy, but I fail to see where the Cowboys are in any better a situation than us, save perhaps for their offensive line.

RUMOR: Bledsoe empties locker...

(I got this from the other Cowboys message board site. Don't kill the messenger....)

I was just told that Boston Sports Radio station WEEI 850am claims that Bledsoe's locker is empty.

Not sure how much truth there is to that, but I figured I would post it.

=========================================

I heard he went to toss all his dallas gear away and stumbled and threw it in the wrong garbage can.

I heard he TRIED to throw it in a garbage can but accidentally fell in himself and got stuck head first.

In such a wild night nobody noticed and a janitor emptied the bag in the dumpster.

I wonder how many times he patted his stuff before he threw it in the bag, or did he simply pat it 8 times then fell down.

How did Drew's hands get so black?!

From tackling cornerback's.

:blink::(:D

(I got this from the other Cowboys message board site. Don't kill the messenger....)

I was just told that Boston Sports Radio station WEEI 850am claims that Bledsoe's locker is empty.

I heard he went to toss all his dallas gear away and stumbled and threw it in the wrong garbage can.

I heard he TRIED to throw it in a garbage can but accidentally fell in himself and got stuck head first.

In such a wild night nobody noticed and a janitor emptied the bag in the dumpster.

I wonder how many times he patted his stuff before he threw it in the bag, or did he simply pat it 8 times then fell down.

:blink:  :(  :D

815885[/snapback]

Critics of DB who were tagged "Dead Horse Beaters" are now being recognized for their great insights! 0:)

DB needs to go to Montana with a lifetime supply of Pabst Blue Ribbon and never be heard from again! :w00t::lol:

Critics of DB who were tagged "Dead Horse Beaters" are now being recognized for their great insights!  :w00t:

DB needs to go to Montana with a lifetime supply of Pabst Blue Ribbon and never be heard from again!  :(  :D

815903[/snapback]

Wonder how much support he'll get from Dallas in 5 years when he's up for the HOF. :blink:

Sorry Fez. 0:)

Too bad it looks like he won't get to lead the Cowboys into the Ralph next year...

I would've come up for that one! :lol:

:blink:  :(  :D

815885[/snapback]

They showed the empty locker on ESPN this afternoon, actually.

Hell, as much crap as I give him, most of it has been cause it's entertained me to watch him choke....but if he really did quit and walk out like a witty baby then I have no respect for him at all. He needs to get over himself and realize that his mistakes are costing his team WINS. I don't know why he doesnt' understand that. The NFL is a business....if you don't get the job done, then you get benched. I fail to see how Drew is any more important than anyone else.

wow and they say J.P. makes poor decisions...drew completey misread that play on the goaline when he threw the pic to sam madison.....see bills fans other QB's make mistakes too, not just JP!!  :lol:

816148[/snapback]

But he made a mistake for another team....not the Bills. That makes him good.....since he obviously didn't hinder us. If he is a Bill & makes an error, that makes him bad. It's quite simple really. :lol:

I got a real kick out of something I saw on a Cowboys website: anyone who wanted Bledsoe benched and Romo to start was called a "Romosexual." :lol:

815896[/snapback]

That website kills me.

Parcells is gone after this season.

Weis or Cowher will be our next HC.

Bledsoe is washed up.

Romo sucks.

Bring in Vinny!