Here it is, the official Why the hell didn't we

ACor58

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leinart must have sold his "IT" on ebay, because it sure as hell wasnt there in the second half. Perhaps we should call canton and thell their artists to hold off on the bust for a bit.

807654[/snapback]

Leading his team down the field on the final drive into field goal range against a pumped Bears D? Yeah, he really lost his "it" late in the game...

Leading his team down the field on the final drive into field goal range against a pumped Bears D? Yeah, he really lost his "it" late in the game...

807662[/snapback]

Leinart and his "IT" led the cards to 3, yes THREE points in the second half. Not to mention, Leinart and the offense gave up 14 points themselves on fumble returns.

So Leinart and his "IT" scored a whopping -11 points in the second half. The Ccards D played well enough for them to stomp the bears. What happend to the O?

Leinart and his "IT" led the cards to 3, yes THREE points in the second half.

If you think a team with a 3 score lead is going to play the same brand of offense in the second half, I can't help you.

Not to mention, Leinart and the offense gave up 14 points themselves on fumble returns.

Dude is a rookie. Did he freak out? Did he crumble under the pressure? Or did he dust himself off and put his team in a position to win the game against the most dominate D in a decade? Kid is a leader, he did it in college, and he is doing it in the NFL. Did he bang your old lady or something?

Leinart and his "IT" led the cards to 3, yes THREE points in the second half. Not to mention, Leinart and the offense gave up 14 points themselves on fumble returns.

So Leinart and his "IT" scored a whopping -11 points in the second half. The Ccards D played well enough for them to stomp the bears. What happend to the O?

807667[/snapback]

I think you are being a little hard on him Ramius. I know that he has only played in two games but ask yourself one question, who would you rather have? J.P. Losman or Matt Leinart.

I think you are being a little hard on him Ramius. I know that he has only played in two games but ask yourself one question, who would you rather have? J.P. Losman or Matt Leinart.

807690[/snapback]

Given that we play in buffalo in december in the ralph, and our o-line...Losman any day of the week. Leinart would be destroyed behind our line with no mobility, and his passes here in december would float in the wind.

Given that we play in buffalo in december in the ralph, and our o-line...Losman any day of the week. Leinart would be destroyed behind our line with no mobility, and his passes here in december would float in the wind.

807695[/snapback]

Joe Theesman said his arm is plenty strong enough. That's good enough for me. ;)

807695[/snapback]

I haven't seen any indication that his arm is week. It surely isn't as strong as Losman's but I don't think that it is weak. I also don't think that Arizona's OL is any better than ours. Leinart was under pressure all night, but managed to get rid of the ball quickly. He also showed the ability to roll out and avoid the rush.

Tom Brady does not have as stong as an arm as Losman and he has not had any problem throwing the ball here or in Foxboro. Even Chad Pennington has had some success here.

If you think a team with a 3 score lead is going to play the same brand of offense in the second half, I can't help you.

I saw no difference in offense in the 2nd half from the first. The Cards were still taking shots downfield, which is part of the reason Leinart got sacked and fumbled. But on that last drive, the WR's were open quickly and Leinart was able to find them, mostly because they were the first option. I wish the Bills did more of that.

And I was being facetious when I said he was "locking-onto" Boldin and that he had "poor pocket presence" for the sack and fumble for a TD.

I haven't seen any indication that his arm is week. It surely isn't as strong as Losman's but I don't think that it is weak. I also don't think that Arizona's OL is any better than ours. Leinart was under pressure all night, but managed to get rid of the ball quickly. He also showed the ability to roll out and avoid the rush.

Tom Brady does not have as stong as an arm as Losman and he has not had any problem throwing the ball here or in Foxboro. Even Chad Pennington has had some success here.

807707[/snapback]

I hate you, because you are going to make me defend and say positive things about tom brady. Brady doesnt have a cannon, but he can put zip on his passes when needed. He can fit them into tight places (something he's good at, ask his boyfriend).

Leinart's passes tend to float and he doesnt put any zip on them. His arm just cant get enough mustard on the passes that need to be zinged. He's going to have a lot of pick 6's on his out patterns because he doesnt have the velocity on his passes. He's also going to get his WR's killed.

I love the 'Leinart has no arm' posts. Says who? What type of arm is he supposed to have? He has shown through three years in college and several games as a pro that he can make all the throws. I'm certainly not saying he has the best arm in the league, but he is far from the worst. People latch onto something around draft day and just accept it as truth. "He'd never be able to play in Buffalo in December" is just retarded. The wind will flutter and completely knock down Leinart's throws, but the another QB will have no problem zipping lasers through the wind? Genius.

All I know is, the guy was 37-2 in college and lost those two games by a combined six points. He has played well in his brief appearances thus far in the NFL. I think he will be a very successful QB in the NFL for a long time. He just has a solid grasp of the position. He played well last night and lost. It won't be the last time that happens.

I am a USC alum and a big Leinart fan. I am GLAD the Bills didn't draft him. The holes on this team are so numerous, I'm not sure the QB makes a huge difference at the moment. We traded up and bought JP, let's find out if we get our money's worth or not. Fill in weaknesses via the draft and free agency, and let JP step up and run with the job, or let him fail. Remember folks, you don't have to look far to see what 2-3 years experience gets you. Not everyone is going to come into the league and have great success, a la Brady and Ben.

Drew Brees ring a bell, anyone?

I hate you, because you are going to make me defend and say positive things about tom brady. Brady doesnt have a cannon, but he can put zip on his passes when needed. He can fit them into tight places (something he's good at, ask his boyfriend).

Leinart's passes tend to float and he doesnt put any zip on them. His arm just cant get enough mustard on the passes that need to be zinged. He's going to have a lot of pick 6's on his out patterns because he doesnt have the velocity on his passes. He's also going to get his WR's killed.

807721[/snapback]

Trust me, my fingers hurt from typing that about Tammy Brady, but I have come to realize that hating Tom Brady is like a Sox fan hating Derek Jeter , it is easy to do when he kicks your ass every year. I would just like to give Leinart the benefit of the doubt, at least until he throws a couple of rainbows. Last night he was able to squeeze the ball into some tight spaces, especially on third down, with some velocity.

I love JPs arm, but he also doesn't have the best grip on the football, which causes him to short-hop his intermediate throws and sail the short ones (how many times has he missed a RB in the flat and almost get Willis killed). It also causes him to throw the occasional duck (like the one that got picked off against the Jets, or the one last week that he "threw away" but landed in front of Evans.), and will cause him to fumble when being sacked from behind. This, to me, will always be a concern with JP.

I love the 'Leinart has no arm' posts.  Says who?  What type of arm is he supposed to have?  He has shown through three years in college and several games as a pro that he can make all the throws.  I'm certainly not saying he has the best arm in the league, but he is far from the worst.  People latch onto something around draft day and just accept it as truth.  "He'd never be able to play in Buffalo in December" is just retarded.  The wind will flutter and completely knock down Leinart's throws, but the another QB will have no problem zipping lasers through the wind?  Genius.

All I know is, the guy was 37-2 in college and lost those two games by a combined six points.  He has played well in his brief appearances thus far in the NFL.  I think he will be a very successful QB in the NFL for a long time.  He just has a solid grasp of the position.  He played well last night and lost.  It won't be the last time that happens.

I am a USC alum and a big Leinart fan.  I am GLAD the Bills didn't draft him.  The holes on this team are so numerous, I'm not sure the QB makes a huge difference at the moment.  We traded up and bought JP, let's find out if we get our money's worth or not.  Fill in weaknesses via the draft and free agency, and let JP step up and run with the job, or let him fail.  Remember folks, you don't have to look far to see what 2-3 years experience gets you.  Not everyone is going to come into the league and have great success, a la Brady and Ben. 

807726[/snapback]

He hasn't come close to showing he can "make all the throws". In fact, he's shown that he can't. What he can do, and what he can do great, is what he did last night. And thCards, and anyone can win a certain amount of games with him. He will definitely put up stats. With those receivers he will throw some touchdowns. He's extremely good at certain things that make or break NFL quarterbacks. But he can't make the throws when he needs to. He can't throw a deep ball except a rainbow. He cannot throw a deep out with tight coverage. His mechanics are sound but slow. He is going to get murderded by blitzing because he won't be able to avoid it. he's already good at stepping up into the pocket, but his body is going to take a beating. And he will get his receivers killed as he did several times last night. He shows zip on 10 yarders. That is not what critics mean when they say he has no arm.

He hasn't come close to showing he can "make all the throws". In fact, he's shown that he can't. What he can do, and what he can do great, is what he did last night. And thCards, and anyone can win a certain amount of games with him. He will definitely put up stats. With those receivers he will throw some touchdowns. He's extremely good at certain things that make or break NFL quarterbacks. But he can't make the throws when he needs to. He can't throw a deep ball except a rainbow. He cannot throw a deep out with tight coverage. His mechanics are sound but slow. He is going to get murderded by blitzing because he won't be able to avoid it. he's already good at stepping up into the pocket, but his body is going to take a beating. And he will get his receivers killed as he did several times last night. He shows zip on 10 yarders. That is not what critics mean when they say he has no arm.

807736[/snapback]

i'm not advocating that we should have drafted leinart, but everything you say here -- and i mean everything -- could have been applied to tom brady in the years 2000-02.

I love the 'Leinart has no arm' posts.  Says who?  What type of arm is he supposed to have?  He has shown through three years in college and several games as a pro that he can make all the throws.  I'm certainly not saying he has the best arm in the league, but he is far from the worst.  People latch onto something around draft day and just accept it as truth.  "He'd never be able to play in Buffalo in December" is just retarded.  The wind will flutter and completely knock down Leinart's throws, but the another QB will have no problem zipping lasers through the wind?  Genius.

All I know is, the guy was 37-2 in college and lost those two games by a combined six points.  He has played well in his brief appearances thus far in the NFL.  I think he will be a very successful QB in the NFL for a long time.  He just has a solid grasp of the position.  He played well last night and lost.  It won't be the last time that happens.

I am a USC alum and a big Leinart fan.  I am GLAD the Bills didn't draft him.  The holes on this team are so numerous, I'm not sure the QB makes a huge difference at the moment.  We traded up and bought JP, let's find out if we get our money's worth or not.  Fill in weaknesses via the draft and free agency, and let JP step up and run with the job, or let him fail.  Remember folks, you don't have to look far to see what 2-3 years experience gets you.  Not everyone is going to come into the league and have great success, a la Brady and Ben. 

807726[/snapback]

End of discussion. Next thread please.

807726[/snapback]

Smokin', you're always making sense on this board, stop that!

BTW, I'm thinking The Dude as my halloween costume this year...