Here it is, the official Why the hell didn't we

ACor58

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cardinals have a real promising future though. A QB who looks like the real deal, a proven RB, a good coach, and a defense that looks to good to be true.

Oh yeah ... and 2 field goals within the redzone hurt the Cardinals. I think they were at the 11 yard line and the 12 yard line kicking field goals

807304[/snapback]

The Cardys are my #2 team & have been for 16years or so.....They actually make the frustrations of being a Bills fan seem 'cute'. The Cards have shown themselves to be nearly there nearly every 2-3 years I've been following them.

The funny thing was, after AZ got stuffed on those two runs you could see everyone behind Denny with that "Oh s**t, not again" look on their face, even Green had a "If he doesn't make this I'm in big trouble" look.

Classic game.

did you hear how many friggen chicago fans were there?

807324[/snapback]

My guess is that they were very "90's-ish Cowboy fans-esque"

Probably hopped on the bandwagon after last year or after hearing this years current pool of expertards pick the Bears to win the NFC

Tom Brady doesnt have a strong arm??? Do you watch football? He can throw the ball farther than most of the QB's in this league, just because he doesnt throw rockets on every play like Favre and JP doesnt mean is arm isnt strong  ;)

807034[/snapback]

Do you watch football? Do you read? As I said, Tom Brady "does not have the strongest arm . . . ."

Link

Link 2

Link 3

As I said, Tom Brady "does not have the strongest arm." Nevertheless, he is one of the best QBs in the NFL and usually plays pretty darn well in Buffalo.

I honestly didn't even read the rest of this thread to realize how dumb it truly is. Let's draft a QB ever season until we find a guy who can light it up in under a full season like some idiots around think it takes? Drafting QBs in the first round is the way to build a franchise. :lol: Leinart played good, but the biggest factor was that Rex Grossman played like Kyle Orton. If Grossman plays like that against a crap defense like the Cards, the Bears are a very average team. Bottom line, Leinart is 0-2 and hasn't proven anything more than Losman. I hate some Bills fans some times. ;)

I honestly didn't even read the rest of this thread to realize how dumb it truly is.  Let's draft a QB ever season until we find a guy who can light it up in under a full season like some idiots around think it takes?  Drafting QBs in the first round is the way to build a franchise.  :lol:  Leinart played good, but the biggest factor was that Rex Grossman played like Kyle Orton.  If Grossman plays like that against a crap defense like the Cards, the Bears are a very average team.  Bottom line, Leinart is 0-2 and hasn't proven anything more than Losman.  I hate some Bills fans some times.  ;)

807417[/snapback]

I want JP to do well as much as the next guy. Yet, it seems as though a lot of the uncritical JP supporters went out of their way to trash Leinart for this or that reason. They probably were afraid that we might even take Leinart when he dropped to us.

Another thing that many of the uncritical JP supporters harp on is that JP has only had x number of starts after each game in which he does not play so well. Leinart has shown that there are some QBs who can be productive from their very first start.

There is no question in my mind that Leinart is a better QB even at this stage of his career. That does not mean that JP cannot be a productive QB for the Bills. I had significant doubts coming into this year. This year, he seemed to improve with each game until the Bears game. Over the past two weeks, however, he has not played as well. I am not one of these guys who thinks that JP should be replaced. He should play the entire year. At the end of the year, we should be in a better position to evaluate him. I really hope that he turns out to be great. We will see.

At this point in time, however, the Cardinals are thanking all of the teams that passed on Leinart and allowed him to drop in their laps.

I want JP to do well as much as the next guy. Yet, it seems as though a lot of the uncritical JP supporters went out of their way to trash Leinart for this or that reason.  They probably were afraid that we might even take Leinart when he dropped to us.

Another thing that many of the uncritical JP supporters harp on is that JP has only had x number of starts after each game in which he does not play so well.  Leinart has shown that there are some QBs who can be productive from their very first start.

There is no question in my mind that Leinart is a better QB even at this stage of his career.  That does not mean that JP cannot be a productive QB for the Bills.  I had significant doubts coming into this year. This year, he seemed to improve with each game until the Bears game.  Over the past two weeks, however, he has not played as well.  I am not one of these guys who thinks that JP should be replaced. He should play the entire year.  At the end of the year, we should be in a better position to evaluate him. I really hope that he turns out to be great. We will see. 

At this point in time, however, the Cardinals are thanking all of the teams that passed on Leinart and allowed him to drop in their laps.

807436[/snapback]

Well thought out post. A couple of things though.

1) I don't consider myself a Losman supporter. I want the best QB to play. JP was the best in the preseason and won the job. I would give Holcomb or Nall the same benefit of the doubt.

2) Calling Leinart a better QB at this point is very premature. He has has TWO starts. JP had a great game his first start and a terrible one his second. Ryan Leaf, I believe, started 4-0. We all know how that turned out.

3) Every knew Losman was a project. Leinart started for 4 years against big time competition. Losman started two years at Tulane. He was thrown to the wolves in a very bad situation last year.

Bottomline, I'm not a JP apologist. But I also understand that giving up on a Qb after less than a season of starts is foolish. And perhaps if JP showed nothing it would be easily, but he has shown some very good things. Leinart happen to get drafted in a great situation. That said, I feel Losman with growth in the role (and coaches who are more pathetic than fickle fans) will be something this team can be proud of. However, it takes time. Unforutnately, alot of us don't have it anf that's why we are complaining on a message board instead of NFL Gms.

;)

P.S. It also helps to have a tackle breaking wr like Boldin. He made McCown look good.

Well thought out post.  A couple of things though. 

1)  I don't consider myself a Losman supporter.  I want the best QB to play.  JP was the best in the preseason and won the job.  I would give Holcomb or Nall the same benefit of the doubt.

2) Calling Leinart a better QB at this point is very premature.  He has has TWO starts.  JP had a great game his first start and a terrible one his second.  Ryan Leaf, I believe, started 4-0.  We all know how that turned out.

3)  Every knew Losman was a project.  Leinart started for 4 years against big time competition.  Losman started two years at Tulane.  He was thrown to the wolves in a very bad situation last year.

Bottomline, I'm not a JP apologist.  But I also understand that giving up on a Qb after less than a season of starts is foolish.  And perhaps if JP showed nothing it would be easily, but he has shown some very good things.  Leinart happen to get drafted in a great situation.  That said, I feel Losman with growth in the role (and coaches who are more pathetic than fickle fans) will be something this team can be proud of.  However, it takes time.  Unforutnately, alot of us don't have it anf that's why we are complaining on a message board instead of NFL Gms.

;)

P.S. It also helps to have a tackle breaking wr like Boldin.  He made McCown look good.

807458[/snapback]

I think Ryan Leaf started out 2-2 and JP's first start was not great. It was OK ... he had a little over 150 yards and an easy lob TD to a defensive player playing on offense against HOUSTON.

I think Ryan Leaf started out 2-2 and JP's first start was not great. It was OK ... he had a little over 150 yards and an easy lob TD to a defensive player playing on offense against HOUSTON.

807497[/snapback]

I can only wish that Leinart and Leaf will end up being laughed at together someday. At least it'll stop the "we should have drafted Leinart" crap.

Of course the "We should have drafted (fill in the blank here with whoever had a good game yesterday) instead of JP Losman" will always continue.

I guess it's entertaining though.

I think there is a good point that Buffalo would not have been a good fit for Matt Leinart.  I mean, this guy grew up in Southern California, was the toast of LA in college, he was even dating Paris Hilston.  Can you imagine a guy like that fitting in in Buffalo, let alone being happy here?

JDG

807033[/snapback]

We had a guy like that here for 9 HOF years. He may not have always been happy, but he was considered a God around Buffalo...until he killed 2 people.

We had a guy like that here for 9 HOF years.  He may not have always been happy, but he was considered a God around Buffalo...until he killed 2 people.

807519[/snapback]

Very good point. But I didn't know OJ banged Paris. Is there a video?

We had a guy like that here for 9 HOF years.  He may not have always been happy, but he was considered a God around Buffalo...until he killed 2 people.

807519[/snapback]

YOU LEAVE RAY LEWIS OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)