Here it is, the official Why the hell didn't we

ACor58

Hence the word "tease".

807830[/snapback]

Its funny how the tease is the guy who beat Peyton Manning 41-0 in the playoffs, and basically won two road playoff games and not the guy who runs around on a broken play to throw a bomb to Roscoe Parrish or who picks up a ball off the turf and throws the deep out, but otherwise fails to consistently execute an NFL offense, fails to consistently put the appropriate touch on passes, fails to consistently engineer sustained drives - be they in the 4th quarter with the game on the line or otherwise, and seems to all too often take devastating sacks, often as a result of trying to do too much. Oh no, the guy with the cannon arm but very questionable NFL decision-making abilities isn't the tease - its the guy who's been winning playoff games basically ever time he plays and its the guy who put the best defense in the NFL in 20-0 hole, and then brought his team back down the field in the two-minute drill against one of the best pass rushes in the League for what should have been the game-winning field goal.

:P:doh::doh:

JDG

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could not ask for a better example of your double standard.  Leinart led touchdown drives of 77 and 25 yards, while Losman took the team 54 and 74 yards.  Leinart also had a performance from his defense (or the Bears' offense, take your pick) that got 6 turnovers.  He got the ball starting inside the Chicago 35 4 times - results: 1 TD, 2 FGs, 1 missed FG.  Still want to say "at least he punched the ball in the endzone"?

Losman did have a horrific first half, but he bounced back and played decently in the second half.  Unfortunately that was not enough to overcome the hole the team was in due to his initial poor play and the overall terrible play of the defense.  Particularly late in the game, the offense was starting to move the ball pretty well.  The usual miscues, missed blocks, and yes, some mistakes by Losman, cost them at the end.  If they'd been able to adapt to the Lions' D earlier they might have been able to avoid it.

I know you claim you're taking an objective look at the QB, but if you really believe that then I think you're fooling yourself.

807862[/snapback]

This is a case where stats don't tell the whole story. They certainly don't prove that two performances were the same. One of JP Losman's TD "drives" was a fluky broken play. Great job by JP, and I would be jumping up-and-down over that kind of play if he paired it with regular execution of the offense. Somehow, I just never seem to see the offensive execution.

I will concede that you got me a bit on Matt Leinart "punching the ball in the endzone", except for one thing - isn't punching the ball in once on a short field one more time than JP Losman has punched the ball in on a short field this season? I could be forgetting something.... but right now, I think not.....

Moreover, at the same time, Matt Leinart taking the Cardinals down the field in the two-minute drill, when the best defense in the League could just pin their ears back and blitz the heck out of perhaps the worst offensive line in football is as impressive to me as any touchdown drive.

JDG

This is a case where stats don't tell the whole story.  They certainly don't prove that two performances were the same.  One of JP Losman's TD "drives" was a fluky broken play.  Great job by JP, and I would be jumping up-and-down over that kind of play if he paired it with regular execution of the offense.  Somehow, I just never seem to see the offensive execution. 

You haven't seen flashes of good execution? That 74 yard drive was all Losman, and I couldn't help but notice that the play calling was much different. I was happy with Fairchild at first, but this last game makes me question whether he's really putting his players in the best position to succeed the majority of the time.

I will concede that you got me a bit on Matt Leinart "punching the ball in the endzone", except for one thing - isn't punching the ball in once on a short field one more time than JP Losman has punched the ball in on a short field this season?  I could be forgetting something.... but right now, I think not.....

807925[/snapback]

You got me there, Leinart "punched it in" one more time than Losman! I guess 1 out of 4 opportunities is pretty good after all.

Did you see that? What sets him apart from J.P.? Did you see how quickly he goes through his reads and passes the ball?

I am not annointing him the savior yet, but he can play.

806964[/snapback]

Leinart is a cool customer with very good football instincts.Just what it takes to be a successful QB in this league. We should have taken him--which I and manyothers on this board have a;ready mentioned.

Ladies and Gentlemen (pause) and members of this board

Might I suggest a few points:

Seattle > Arizona

The Bear's D vs. the Bill's > The Bear's D vs. the Cardinals

Just because a team is the number one ranked defense doesn't mean that they will play like it every week. If the Bear's D and O had played those first three quarters against the Seahawks they probably would have lost the game. I think this was a fluke game and Matt Leinart got lucky.

Maybe he does have better timing and decision making than JP and will become the next superstar. However, to say we should have drafted him over a QB who for the most part is playing lightyears ahead of where he was last year, (which at the time most of us said would make us happy. My how that changes) after both teams have only played one team, is foolish.

I don't care if Matt Leinart can walk on water because guess what? We didn't draft him. The End.

This is a case where stats don't tell the whole story.  They certainly don't prove that two performances were the same.  One of JP Losman's TD "drives" was a fluky broken play.  Great job by JP, and I would be jumping up-and-down over that kind of play if he paired it with regular execution of the offense.  Somehow, I just never seem to see the offensive execution. 

I will concede that you got me a bit on Matt Leinart "punching the ball in the endzone", except for one thing - isn't punching the ball in once on a short field one more time than JP Losman has punched the ball in on a short field this season?  I could be forgetting something.... but right now, I think not.....

Moreover, at the same time, Matt Leinart taking the Cardinals down the field in the two-minute drill, when the best defense in the League could just pin their ears back and blitz the heck out of perhaps the worst offensive line in football is as impressive to me as any touchdown drive.

JDG

807925[/snapback]

Did you miss the part where the Cards forced 6 Bears turnovers???

A team that has 6 takeaways should be up by more than 13 points in the 4th quarter.

If the Bears turned the ball over 6 times against the Bills and we lost 40-7, I'd be calling for JP's job. Unfortunately, the Bears didn't turn the ball over once. It's a team game.

We'll go on the next 10 years or more watching Leinert's progress like a hawk. Hoping he fails miserably to absolve the Bills' huge draft blunder. Right now the jury's out on JP and Leinert. Personally, I didn't see a thing last year from Losman to convince not to draft Leinert and hope one of these guyz would pan out as our franchise QB. Some other NFL team would've came calling for the guy that was left out in the end. Bottomline is Levy & crew can't convince me that Whitner was rated higher on their draft board than Leinert. Whitner might become an accomplished pro and maybe even an all-pro but we had huge question marks at the qb position and o-line going into the season. Whitner wasn't a can't miss product like Sean Taylor or Roy Williams. I could go on forever and ever. Hopefully the light comes on and stays on for JP..I'm frustrated with his progress/regression/inaccuracy etc.etc.etc. It's all about winning, put up or shut up Losman.

This whole thing reminds me of the Drew Brees and Philip Rivers situation. Brees showed nothing until Rivers was drafted and then did awesome and they ended up having to get rid of Brees.

Now just insert Losman for Brees and Leinart for Rivers.

P.S. Brees is now the QB of a 5-1 team

808627[/snapback]

But Brees himself is only 2-4...

This whole thing reminds me of the Drew Brees and Philip Rivers situation. Brees showed nothing until Rivers was drafted and then did awesome and they ended up having to get rid of Brees.

Now just insert Losman for Brees and Leinart for Rivers.

P.S. Brees is now the QB of a 5-1 team

808627[/snapback]

I wish the Bills had the same situation as the Chargers did with Brees and Rivers. They were smart and drafted Rivers just in case Brees continued to flounder and it lit the fire under his arse. JP knows in the back of his mind the Bills aren't going anywhere with Kelly Holcomb. I hope JP surprises me but I'm envisioning the Bills eventually looking back to the Free Agent market to replace Losman or drafting another QB in the 1st/2nd round next year or the year after. :unsure:

I wish the Bills had the same situation as the Chargers did with Brees and Rivers. They were smart and drafted Rivers just in case Brees continued to flounder and it lit the fire under his arse. JP knows in the back of his mind the Bills aren't going anywhere with Kelly Holcomb. I hope JP surprises me but I'm envisioning the Bills eventually looking back to the Free Agent market to replace Losman or drafting another QB in the 1st/2nd round next year or the year after.  :unsure:

809736[/snapback]

Im pretty sure the Bills wont be touching a QB in the the first 4 rounds of the 2007 NFL draft if at all.