"Who Blew It!" Who is to blame for our loss to

A little different than my weekly fantasy "Who Blew It!" threads, but this was the kind of game where you can do it just for the Bills.

The entire o-line. Jp is not the problem. It's mainly Gandy I think. He can't block well. I've been saying it ever since we got him, he not a quality starter.

Also a considerable amount of blame should go to the d-line. Nice start but couldn't finish the game.

I think our coaching staff did well this game.

A little different than my weekly fantasy "Who Blew It!" threads, but this was the kind of game where you can do it just for the Bills.

The entire o-line.  Jp is not the problem.  It's mainly Gandy.  He can't block.  I've been saying it ever since we got him, he not a quality starter.

805535[/snapback]

I'd place a hefty amount of blame on the Defensive line as well. The continue to make average running backs look like MVPs.

We can blame the entire team.

This loss is far worse than last week's nightmare.

It is very dificult to find any positives from today's game, but i'll try.

McGee had a great KO return, which the offense nearly wasted away.

Congrats to Ko Simpson getting his first INT. I would say the same to Donte Whitner but it's not his fault that the officials are incompetent.

Brian Moorman is still an all-pro.

We had a Tight End sighting with Ryan Neufeld getting a TD.

Thats about it. I do'nt want to talk about how bad we looked today, my stomach can't take anymore.

So let's get ready for next week.

We got the Patriots right where we want them. They'll come into the Ralph with a false sense of security. <_<

GO BILLS!!!!!

The entire o-line.  Jp is not the problem.  It's mainly Gandy I think.  He can't block well.  I've been saying it ever since we got him, he not a quality starter.

Also a considerable amount of blame should go to the d-line.  Nice start but couldn't finish the game.

I think our coaching staff did well this game.

805535[/snapback]

I thank you for this post as I didnt have to raise my blood pressure writing it.

G-A-N-D-Y SUCKS!!!!

He cost us 3 of 4 sacks

A crucial penalty late in the game

and

gave free reign to JP's blind side

Dick Jaroun's to blame. This team's play was so pathetic that it goes staight to the head coach.

This team looks so ill prepared I now hope Levy fires him and hires himself as the coach.

805592[/snapback]

Marv's secret plan. After this performance, I'll believe anything.

Jaroun doesn't put on pads and hit. The plans were not great, but our trench players are not up to par. We need some weight on the Nose and some BIG Otackles, like Wolford and Ballard. THAT is the major difference and shortcoming this team has.

Jaroun doesn't put on pads and hit.  The plans were not great, but our trench players are not up to par.  We need some weight on the Nose and some BIG Otackles, like Wolford and Ballard.  THAT is the major difference and shortcoming this team has.

805708[/snapback]

Can't say it much better than that. The majority of this team's problems can be explained by some of the most pathetic players in the trenches this league has seen for years.

Where's the guy who started the "Schoebel isn't overrated" thread now? The guy gets a sack on the first play of the game, so for the entire rest of the game he does his standard speed rush-to-nowhere and takes himself out of every play entirely. Pathetic.

If Marv is for real, and I think he is, we'll see some serious re-working of the lines this offseason and draft. The the only way this team will get any better is to improve line play on both sides of the ball.

RTB

Mike Gandy was horrible. Pure garbage. He cannot block a cold. Leave him in Detroit and have open tryouts. Somebody in Western New York can play better than Gandy. He looks like a clown on skates.

McGee punched Roy Williams ticket to the Pro Bowl with his performance today.

Andre Davis - please learn how to catch a bomb.

Donte got robbed on the end zone interception. Yes Steve Tasker it is a good call to review the play. It ended up costing the Bills the 3 points they lost by.

Mike Gandy was horrible. Pure garbage. He cannot block a cold. Leave him in Detroit and have open tryouts. Somebody in Western New York can play better than Gandy. He looks like a clown on skates.

McGee punched Roy Williams ticket to the Pro Bowl with his performance today.

Andre Davis - please learn how to catch a bomb.

Donte got robbed on the end zone interception. Yes Steve Tasker it is a good call to review the play. It ended up costing the Bills the 3 points they lost by.

805729[/snapback]

gandy looked like he got tazered on that play where edwards (?) caused the fumble. it was horrible.

i give davis a freebie because he caused the fumble early in the game, although it ended up net +16 yards for the lions.

donte made a nice play on that pick, but it was close enough that i can't really fault the officials for letting it stand. good point about tasker's commentary though---i agree----you gotta challenge that one. 17-10, maybe you steal away the 3 points in a close game like that?

you can some up this game on the 89 yard drive kitna engineered just before half. you let a team b-slap you like that and you're in trouble, especially on the road.

i

Good point. Where was the pressure?

805812[/snapback]

not there when it mattered.

you know, this game pitted two losing teams against each other. the lions looked loose, having a bit of fun, not too stressed. the bills, and i admit to being hard on them when i see a horrible performance like today, looked just off. losman tossing balls high no less than 5 times, defense giving up key plays when it really mattered (and ironically stuffing the lions at other times), and the little differences along the way. williams' td at half. he got open and caught it. andre davis got open and his timing was off. even the mcgee kickoff return--a work of art and alot of fun to watch, but we all had to be screaming to get it into the end zone...reminiscent of a similar play last year. anyway, where i'm going with this is the bills are not a real good team at this point, and the lionsa re not either. the better of the two losing teams won today. we hung in there points-wise all game, why? because the lions are a bad team. the better bad team won today, at home.

Jaroun doesn't put on pads and hit.  The plans were not great, but our trench players are not up to par.  We need some weight on the Nose and some BIG Otackles, like Wolford and Ballard.  THAT is the major difference and shortcoming this team has.

805708[/snapback]

Do you honestly believe that Detriot is that much better talent-wise in the trenches than the Bills? The Bills had as good or better talent in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Yet the Bills were thoroughly dominated on the line all day long.

This loss gets hung on a head coach who did not have his team prepared. It was such a bad coaching job he should be apologizing for his team's performance. There was no excuse for the Bills to be dominated by a weak, injury-riddled 0-5 team like that. It was embarassing.

Do you honestly believe that Detriot is that much better talent-wise in the trenches than the Bills? The Bills had as good or better talent in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Yet the Bills were thoroughly dominated on the line all day long.

This loss gets hung on a head coach who did not have his team prepared. It was such a bad coaching job he should be apologizing for his team's performance. There was no excuse for the Bills to be dominated by a weak, injury-riddled 0-5 team like that. It was embarassing.

805835[/snapback]

Good Point.

805835[/snapback]

Considering their oline is injured Id say Id agree there but man dont even try to convince me that triplett/anderson/schobel/kelsay are better then shaun rogers/Cody/James Hall/Kallimba Edwards. We're horribly weak along the defensive line, outside of schobel we have no legit starters on the dline at all. Both the dline and oline are in serious need of upgrades

As for who to throw the blame on. I'll throw it on steve fairchild and the offensive game plan. It's a case of looking at the stats. I thought we were going to see an offense dedicated to running the football so after averaging 25+ carries through the first 4 games in the last 2 willis is averaging 15 carries the last 2. I thought we'd see a lot more commitment to the run, then we saw today. Why they're putting the outcome of games in the hands of losman instead of giving the rock to Willis, keeping the offense in manageable down and distance and letting losman just manage the game baffles my mind. After years of hearing "Commitment to the run game" it would be nice for once to see it instead of lip service.

Yes I do believe the Lions have more talent on both lines. I'll take their combined 130 career sacks vs. our 80(50 from Schobel) any day. I know, I know stats don't matter thats why they play the game. Well the game was played today and it looks like they are still better then us.

As far as the Oline goes we have Peters, Preston and then 3 rejects. I'm not so sure we have much talent in the trenches at all.

In contrast, I think the coaching staff sh-- the bed this week.

805578[/snapback]

I agree on this one.

The zone coverage on WR's is not being executed properly (cover 2) or the defensive philsophy itself has been exposed and it's weaknesses are glaring to other teams.

I agree on this one.

The zone coverage on WR's is not being executed properly (cover 2) or the defensive philsophy itself has been exposed and it's weaknesses are glaring to other teams.

805986[/snapback]

I believe the proper term for our pass coverage scheme is (open 2), as in: at least 2 enemy receivers are open at all times.

The entire o-line.  Jp is not the problem.  It's mainly Gandy I think.  He can't block well.  I've been saying it ever since we got him, he not a quality starter.

805535[/snapback]

I am seeing a lot of o-line bashing this morning, and rightly so. During the Johnson and Bledsoe "eras" the line was equally as bad - if not worse - and the blame was placed on the QBs to the point they were run out of town. What has changed?

Hopefully we won't run him out of town... not yet at least. Give him protection and see what he can do. One thing I wish I would see from JP though is that QB fire. With that I mean, other QBs if getting blasted during a game will get in their lines face and tell them to flat out get their sh-- together. Best one is Plummer... I have seen so many films on him just bashing a lineman during a game, letting them know they are not getting it done.

One I think was by Evans.  I think we needed 4 yards to get a first down on 3rd down and he only got 3.

805961[/snapback]

And there was at least one other by Evans where he ran the route short of the marker. Lee knows better than that. Plays like this showed me these guys didn't show up to play yesterday.

This was a complete team loss...Losman just won't get rid of the ball when he should (nor can he hang on to it when he's hit), the DL can't pressure the QB, the OL can't block, the CBs let Roy Williams and Kevin Jones run wild, and the WRs couldn't catch the ball.

This team has scored 20 points once all year, which tells me the offense has a lot of work to do. What I'm hoping for is Losman to keep playing and keep learning so he can get some consistency with the OL he has. I hope Jauron & Fairchild understand that, also. The Bills won't be going anywhere this year, so they might as well have everyone take their lumps....and get rid of those God-awful ugly white jerseys.

Ralph Wilson.

He hired the previous regime of Tom Donahoe and his genius coaches. Now after wasting 5 years by not addressing this teams key weakness (the lines) we are reaping what has been sowed.

Levy had inherited a sub-par football team and it will take a few more years to turn it around.

Until the lines improve, no matter who you put at QB running back etc. ecpect them to struggle.