AMEN Collinsworth....

Anyone hear Collinsworth picking on Marino on Inside The NFL, and finish the Darryl Talley segment off by saying, "Well Dan, the entire city of Buffalo DOES hate you....every single person...." Then the camera pans to Marino and he's staring into the camera like someone kicked his dog....

LOL

DAN MARINO.......SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to hate Dan Marino. My un-born children will know to hate Dan Marino!

Anyone hear Collinsworth picking on Marino on Inside The NFL, and finish the Darryl Talley segment off by saying, "Well Dan, the entire city of Buffalo DOES hate you....every single person...." Then the camera pans to Marino and he's staring into the camera like someone kicked his dog....

LOL

DAN MARINO.......SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to hate Dan Marino. My un-born children will know to hate Dan Marino!

803996[/snapback]

I don't hate Marino.

Why would I? We owned his azz on every level.

Who would hate that?

Yeah, no hate here. He never caused me any anguish as we generally held our own against the fish, and then he was funny in Ace Ventura. I'm not sure if I count since I'm technically outside city limits.

loved seeing marino on his back after being crushed by BRUUUUUUUCE

804026[/snapback]

...which happened once every ten years.

Bruce Smith was my favorite player. But Richmond Webb owned Bruce Smith. And remember Marino had that string of 1000 something games w/o being sacked. Dude had a quick release.

I too have no hate for Marino--although I thought it was humorous that a blue-collar guy from Pittsburgh like him ended up playing for the Fins and modelling isotoner gloves. :huh:

How can you not like Dan Marino? I never hated him even when he was playing for Miami. I hate Miami as a team but I can respect some of the the players, and Marino is one of the best pure passers to ever play. If you can't appreciate the skill of opposing players than you don't really appreciate the game. That comment by Collinsworthless just shows how much of a clueless blow-hard douche-bag he is.

Isotoner gloves!! Classic.

RTB

How can you not like Dan Marino? I never hated him even when he was playing for Miami. I hate Miami as a team but I can respect some of the the players, and Marino is one of the best pure passers to ever play. If you can't appreciate the skill of opposing players than you don't really appreciate the game. That comment by Collinsworthless just shows how much of a clueless blow-hard douche-bag he is.

Isotoner gloves!! Classic.

RTB

804034[/snapback]

No one is saying he wasn't good. TO is a great WR, I still hate his guts, he's a selfish person, arrogant and quite possibly a lunatic.

Dan has insulted the city more than once. He played for Miami. What more do you need? I hate him.

...which happened once every ten years.

Bruce Smith was my favorite player. But Richmond Webb owned Bruce Smith. And remember Marino had that string of 1000 something games w/o being sacked. Dude had a quick release.

I too have no hate for Marino--although I thought it was humorous that a blue-collar guy from Pittsburgh like him ended up playing for the Fins and modelling isotoner gloves.  :huh:

804031[/snapback]

On Feb 18, 2004 Rich Eisen interviewed Bruce on NFL Total Access and he had this to say about sacking Damn Marino

"Rich Eisen: This man has put NFL quarterbacks more time on the turf than any other man in the NFL. Bruce Smith, thanks for joining us on NFL Total Access. So is (Dan) Marino the toughest to sack?

Bruce Smith: I think what made him so evasive at that time was that he had the quickest release in the NFL and his awareness on the field was unprecedented.

Eisen: And that's why you were going up to your secondary and saying "Hold it just a little longer?"

Smith: Absolutely, that's why he was such a student of the game; he knew where to place the ball, where to keep it out of reach of the defender and unfortunately, it made our jobs harder to get to the quarterback."

A 1997 Nov 2 A Sports Illustrated articled dated the Morning of November 2, 1997 - which gave a pre-game update on this said (for those too busy to click the link)

"Buffalo defensive end Bruce Smith and Dolphins left tackle Richmond Webb continue their traditional battle today. Smith, a nine-time Pro Bowler, has 150 career sacks, but has managed only 7 1/2 against the Dolphins, which stands as both a tribute to Webb and the quick release of Marino."

A quick search of the net failed to reveal the outcome of that particular game, but in 1998 - Bruce had 1/2 sacks both games vs. Dieami and in 1999 he had 2 sacks vs. the stinky fish.

Bruce's only other action vs Diami came as a Skin in 2003 when he had a farewell 1/2 sack performance on his way to #200. Webb however, had departed for Sin-Sinatti two years earlier and had retired from foosball at the end of 2002.

As to the assertion that Marino played a gazillion games without a sack, well it must not have been in the NFL, because here are his career years and # of sacks for each of those years:

1983 - 10

1984 - 13

1985 - 18

1986 - 17

1987 - 9

1988 - 6

1989 - 10

1990 - 15

1991 - 27

1992 - 28

1993 - 7

1994 - 18

1995 - 22

1996 - 18

1997 - 20

1998 - 23

1999 - 9

Total Times Sacked in NFL Career = 270

Total times sacked by Bruce = 10 (at least by my count).

:D

1000 games = 62.5 NFL seasons

:lol:

804056[/snapback]

I was exaggerating obviously. :huh:

I just remember the announcers would always say that Marino still hasn't been sacked in x consecutive x (much like the announcers last week kept a running tally of how many offensive series, drives, games, etc. the Bears hadn't alllowed a TD or passing TD or score at soldier field or not at soldier filed--i.e., twisting the same stat every which way).

My point was this: Bruce couldn't sack Marino. How can you guys not remember this? :doh:

I was exaggerating obviously.  :huh:

I just remember the announcers would always say that Marino still hasn't been sacked in x consecutive x (much like the announcers last week kept a running tally of how many offensive series, drives, games, etc. the Bears hadn't alllowed a TD or passing TD or score at soldier field or not at soldier filed--i.e., twisting the same stat every which way).

My point was this: Bruce couldn't sack Marino. How can you guys not remember this?  :D

804118[/snapback]

And the consecutive sack record I was referring to was this:

When Bills NT Jeff Wright tackled Marino for an 11-yard loss on Oct. 29th, it stopped the Dolphins' NFL record of 19 consecutive games (the last 12 games in 1988 and the first seven in 1989) without allowing a quarterback sack, covering 775 total passes, including 759 attempts by Marino (as well as 11 by Ron Jaworski, three by Scott Secules, and one each by Troy Stradford and Jim Jensen). The last time Marino had been sacked prior to the Bills game was on September 25, 1988 at Indianapolis, when he was sacked by Duane Bickett of the Colts in the third quarter of that game.

http://marina.fortunecity.com/spinnaker/57/marino.html

I will never hate Dan Marino. He was never one of those selfish bastards that we loved to hate in a Miami uniform. He was smart, and one of the better QB's to play this game. His behavior on and off the field was always superb. It wouldnt be the same playing Miami without those Kelly/Marino matchups.

Now for anyone else in a Dolphin uni.... with the exception of maybe John Oferdahl...... eff em' lol.

No one is saying he wasn't good. TO is a great WR, I still hate his guts, he's a selfish person, arrogant and quite possibly a lunatic.

Dan has insulted the city more than once. He played for Miami. What more do you need? I hate him.

804066[/snapback]

Dan Marino was classy on and off the field. He was 180 degrees from TO so the comparison is erroneous. Please tell me how Dan insulted the city more than once, I think you're making that one up. On a side note, Dan Marino has been present at Jim Kelly's charity golf tournament every single year.

RTB