ESPN "experts" don't like Bills chance

syhuang

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

7 out of 8 ESPN "experts" pick Lions to get their first win this wee

In a related news, ESPN still insists all Bills draft picks are reaches and Levy is too old to be a GM.

803581[/snapback]

Make that 8 of 9, as Greenberg picked against the Bills too.

On a side note, so far that stupid piece sh-- Schlereth has prediticed that we would be 0-6 since he has not picked us once this year.

Make that 8 of 9, as Greenberg picked against the Bills too.

On a side note, so far that stupid piece sh-- Schlereth has prediticed that we would be 0-6 since he has not picked us once this year.

803587[/snapback]

And the sad thing is, he's been right more often than wrong. Means he is 3-2.

I think all but one of these "experts" will be wrong. Well, I'll be listening extra carefully during Sunday Morning Countdown to hear what their justification could possibly be.

803588[/snapback]

Probably how the Bills were "exposed" as a bad team by Chicago...

Though really...no matter how bad Detriot is, I'm always a little hesitant when the Bills play them in Detroit.

Probably how the Bills were "exposed" as a bad team by Chicago...

Though really...no matter how bad Detriot is, I'm always a little hesitant when the Bills play them in Detroit.

803594[/snapback]

hey hey hey now

they dont have barry or herman moore anymore

:doh:

I think all but one of these "experts" will be wrong. Well, I'll be listening extra carefully during Sunday Morning Countdown to hear what their justification could possibly be.

803588[/snapback]

About the only justification I can think of right now is that some of these winless teams will eventually win a game. Usually around week 6 or 7, I'll start picking a 0-win team....law of averages says they'll win *sometime* and I don't remember the last time the NFL had an 0-16 team.

That said, I'd still pick the Bills this week.

About the only justification I can think of right now is that some of these winless teams will eventually win a game. Usually around week 6 or 7, I'll start picking a 0-win team....law of averages says they'll win *sometime* and I don't remember the last time the NFL had an 0-16 team.

803615[/snapback]

I don't think NFL ever has a 0-16 team. The closest one is Tampa Bay's 0-14 in 1976 (part of their 26-game losing streak).

803615[/snapback]

Andy, not picking on you specifically, but anyone who thinks this way should at least read the wikipedia blurb about the gambler's fallacy

we did get destroyed by the bears last week.

but with all thier injuries on the O-line and others, i dont see detroit winning.

but like always... any given sunday...

803633[/snapback]

and Roy Williams is a MIA and hasn't practiced this week. He also has a neck injury.

http://highlightreel.blogs.mlive.com/default.asp?item=221004

Q: What is up with Roy Williams?

A: He's been taking care of personal issues. They don't know where he is. They've talked to him, and he says he'll play. Until they actually see him, they won't know for sure. He says he will play.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. If the "experts" want to end up with decent records at the end of the season the smart pick is to take the home team when two mediocre/bad teams play one another. You'll be right more often than not.

I really can't believe how sensitive everyone is around here when it comes to the media/ESPN.  You'd think this was the early 90s team.

803657[/snapback]

Hey if it were just a couple of guys I wouldn't think twice about it, but here you have an entire panel (minus 1) of knowledgeable football people who don't think that the talent gap between the Detroit Lions and our beloved Bills is as large as we all think it is.

I dunno. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Hey if it were just a couple of guys I wouldn't think twice about it, but here you have an entire panel (minus 1) of knowledgeable football people who don't think that the talent gap between the Detroit Lions and our beloved Bills is as large as we all think it is.

I dunno. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

803661[/snapback]

I sort of see the point, but 5 Piltdown Men aren't going to give you a lot more horsepower than 4 Piltdown Men. These are svengali media whores who are going to bark the company line.

Here's the bottom line - their offense is pretty hot. Gee, what a surprise - it's Martz. He'll get 400 yards in the air with Alfred E. Neuman at QB. Their offensive line has taken some shots on the right hand side, so watch for pressure - not necessarily from our left, because they're going to shift accordingly to cover the weakness. They're going to be susceptible to blizting on second down, because they don't have much of a run game. All in all, our CBs are going to have a long, long day. But if JP can get us in front by 10, or 14 points, bad things are going to happen to the Detroit offense. It really could turn into a classic shoot out in the first half.

And THAT is a lot more detail and analysis than you will receive from the plant life that make more money in one year than you and I will make in our career. Justice will have to be served about three lifetimes from now. :huh:

I think this will be a tough game for us, but I would have to think we are favored. Here's my thoughts on how the process went:

ESPN Web Lackey: "Hey [analyst's name], we need your pick on the Bills-Lions too"

[analyst]: "What? I dunno, who cares. I'm doing my piece on the Panthers-Ravens matchup. Well...Bills got crushed by the Bears, and Detroit is due for a win sooner or later and they are at home, so I'll go on that rather than any objective football insight for two teams I don't really know anything about."

(repeat seven times as lackey goes from office to office)

Andy, not picking on you specifically, but anyone who thinks this way should at least read the wikipedia blurb about the gambler's fallacy

803631[/snapback]

I read an article about the coin toss some time ago. What they found was that it wasn't 50-50 as expected. The reason was that there is more "metal" in the face of the "head" of most coins than the picture of the "tail". This influences the spin slightly, more heads facing down as a result. It wasn't a large difference, but a difference nonetheless. Hence the "fair" coin discussion. What a boring thread. Go Bills... :huh:

ESPN doesn't like the Bills?  Fo' Shizzle?

If the Bills lay the smack down on the Lions maybe they'll get some mad props yo' dawg

Booyah!

:huh:

ESPN < RJ

803902[/snapback]

The Bills should smack down the halpless Lions. You dont get respect beating up the bottom of the barrel.

Beat the Pats next week - Booyah!

Well...Bills got crushed by the Bears, and Detroit is due for a win sooner or later and they are at home, so I'll go on that rather than any objective football insight for two teams I don't really know anything about."

803895[/snapback]

What sort of objective football insight would you like?

Yup, those damn experts are all eating crow this morning.

806171[/snapback]

I wonder if anybody have the nerve to start a post this week getting pissed off when some analyst out there calls the Pats the lock of the week?

HOW CAN THEY UNDERESTIMATE OUR TALENT LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!?????

I wonder if anybody have the nerve to start a post this week getting pissed off when some analyst out there calls the Pats the lock of the week?

HOW CAN THEY UNDERESTIMATE OUR TALENT LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!?????

806262[/snapback]

Exactly...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=53509&hl=

Egad, I daresay there must be some sort of wily conspiracy thought up by John Clayton, Mike Florio, Len P., Peter King, Bob Costas, James Brown, Dr. Z., Rich Eisen, Cris Collinsworth, PTI, Cold Pizza, and Around the Horn to constantly slam and ignore the Bills, no matter the context!!

Yeah, either that or we just suck.