Boston WEEI today

Tolstoy

Everyone in Boston sweats Bill Simmons (ESPN's 'The Sports Guy') and he constantly bashes Losman as a dud. It's hard to expect that they would dig any deeper than their fellow Boston pal who writes nationally.

Side note, from today's Buffalo News, Fairchild was not happy with the results Sunday, but overall, he liked the way Losman carried himself against Chicago.

Bills offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild said he did not see a deer-in-the-headlights look on Losman's face at Soldier Field. He saw the look of a competitor.

"We talked afterward in the locker room, and I liked the way about him on Sunday," Fairchild said. "Obviously there were some throws he wants to have back. But this

process of developing a quarterback is going to be a road. He knows it, and I know it."

"I thought he was a tough guy Sunday and he didn't back down," Fairchild said. "I liked his mannerisms.

"He wasn't flustered and wasn't pouting. I told him this a day later when we got back here: What he's got going for him is he is a tough guy and he's buying into what we're doing. He's buying into the coaching."

from today's Buffalo News, [/url] Fairchild was not happy with the results Sunday, but overall, he liked the way Losman carried himself against Chicago.

802765[/snapback]

I think I am in the minority...even though the Bills get their asses handed to them by the Bears, I feel like they didn't quit in the game...and I too thought Losman looked far more poised in this ass-handing than he did in previous ass handings! <_<

On the Glenn Ordway show today, a guy called up and asked:

"What do you think Buffalo has to do to make the playoffs?"

After they remarked on the strangeness of the question, one of the talking heads responded:

"The first thing is they must get a QB, because the guy they got in there ain't gonna get the job done."

They all agreed on the intelligence and perspicacity of this remark.

So...while I could care less what these idiots think (they did make me angry though), it occurred to me that the nation does not see in Losman what the rest of us appear to see--a developing young QB with all the tools, but still lacking QB savvy.

Are we all living in a delusion? Is Losman really that bad?

I say no.  Screw them.  Let's give him a full season and see what emerges.

802239[/snapback]

I think the guy is generally right. I think there is hope for Losman--but right now he has a slightly better chance of being a bust than he does of being a success..not because he isnt tough or doesnt have a good arm..but because he has mediocre football instincts--which are most important--especially for a QB.

It's really about who has a better grasp of what's going on in JP's head. I think everyone knows JP has ample talent, a good arm, mobility, and some intelligence. Some of the national media types see only a cocky kid who is uncoachable and will always panic and run around like a headless chicken when he faces a little pressure. I think I'm seeing a kid who is dedicated to the game and to getting better, and who has done everything his coaches have asked of him. We saw a little of the headless chicken in the Chicago game, but Chicago has made other QBs look bad too. I am willing to wait longer before I decide he can't learn to behave differently in a game like the Chicago game.

I equivilate this to when sportscasters start talking about how some athlete "came out of nowhere one season"

I am quite sure the fans of that team laugh at those types of remarks....because they watched the cultivation and maturation of that player....and knew he was going to be good.....

Losman to me fits that scenario

I think I am in the minority...even though the Bills get their asses handed to them by the Bears, I feel like they didn't quit in the game...and I too thought Losman looked far more poised in this ass-handing than he did in previous ass handings! <_<

802834[/snapback]

I would be in that minority, then. The reality is, I saw him getting his ass chased around New England last year in what was probably his worst outing, and you saw a kid who was running around like it was the first time he had ever played the game of football. You never saw that vs. the Bears.

He's getting better. As the saying goes: time and pressure make a diamond.

Unless someone specifically follows a team (or actually breaks down footage alla Jaws) they're really not going to have a clue how well someone is playing.  For someone to take notice of a QB the QB has to be putting up lots of TDs, yards and Ws.  If they're just putting up Ws they're a "caretaker" and if they're not putting up many of the three then obviously that team needs a new QB.  This is how fans and media have been breaking down QB play for 25 years.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  You know a hell of a lot more about the Bills QB play than some guys on Boston radio.

802256[/snapback]

I have taken notice of Alex Smith and Bruce Gradowski-two solid QBs on bad teams. These "experts" need to get a clue

And let me guess.  The Boston analysts think that the Patriots are the best team in football, right? :huh:

802426[/snapback]

They said the Pats were between 4 and 6 after Chicago, Denver, San Diego and in the class with Indy, Philly, Pats.