Possible Bills Pick Up?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-s...ov=ap&type=lgns

Isaiah Kacyvenski was cut today from the Seahawks squad since they needed better RB depth with Alexander down.

Now normally I dont post these "OMGZ, SOMONEZ GOT CUTT!!1!! WE GOTTA SIGN HIM" threads, but keep this in mind...

Our ILB depth isnt great right now with only DiGiorgio backing up London Fletcher.

He's a former starter AND the Hawks special team captain.

He's from Syracuse.

He went to Harvard.

So to summarize...a special teams ace from Western New York who went to Harvard? Thats the ultimate Marv Levy player.

Now this is meant partly as a joke, but I dont think anyone could complain if he did end up here.

Isaiah Kacyvenski was cut today from the Seahawks squad since they needed better RB depth with Alexander down.

Now normally I dont post these "OMGZ, SOMONEZ GOT CUTT!!1!!  WE GOTTA SIGN HIM" threads, but keep this in mind...

Our ILB depth isnt great right now with only DiGiorgio backing up London Fletcher.

He's from Syracuse.

He went to Harvard.

So to summarize...a special teams ace from Western New York who went to Harvard?  Thats the ultimate Marv Levy player.

Now this is meant partly as a joke, but I dont think anyone could complain if he did end up here.

790700[/snapback]

Makes sense...

Now normally I dont post these "OMGZ, SOMONEZ GOT CUTT!!1!!  WE GOTTA SIGN HIM" threads, but keep this in mind...

He's from Syracuse.

He went to Harvard.

So to summarize...a special teams ace from Western New York who went to Harvard?  Thats the ultimate Marv Levy player.

790700[/snapback]

Dude, I thought the same thing I've as soon as I heard he was cut. I just didn't want to be the way to get flamed. :o

But seriously, the guy is everything you want a professional to be. Personally, I met him when I went a trip to Harvard. Class all the way and has an amazing life story (dirt poor family, alcoholic dad who was abusive, mom was killed in a car accident while he was in high school, graduated pre-med, makes the NFL).

So no offense to the pizza guy (a move to the practice squad won't hurt), but this would be a definite upgrade in terms of depth and special teams work. Get it done Marv. :D

So no offense to the pizza guy (a move to the practice squad won't hurt), but this would be a definite upgrade in terms of depth and special teams work.

790705[/snapback]

Don't think the pizza guy is PS eligible if he was on the 53 man roster during the regular season :D

Don't think the pizza guy is PS eligible if he was on the 53 man roster during the regular season :D

790709[/snapback]

Per an article at detnews.com these are the Practice squad rules: Teams can have a maximum of eight players on the practice squad. The limit was increased by three in 2004. Players credited with two or more NFL seasons are ineligible. There is no restriction for age or last season in college.

Since pizza guy has yet to be credited with more than two NFL seasons he is eligible. Of course we would have to release him and then re-sign him to the practice squad as you can not simply assign a player to the squad but rather sign him to it. In terms of Isaiah Kacyvenski he sounds like a good fit as he seems to be a guy that can fit in anywhere at LB, at least in Seattle's system, and definately helps that can play ST. I'd gladly welcome him over DiGiorgio based on his NFL Players.com bio page.

Per an article at detnews.com these are the Practice squad rules: Teams can have a maximum of eight players on the practice squad. The limit was increased by three in 2004. Players credited with two or more NFL seasons are ineligible. There is no restriction for age or last season in college.

Since pizza guy has yet to be credited with more than two NFL seasons he is eligible. Of course we would have to release him and then re-sign him to the practice squad as you can not simply assign a player to the squad but rather sign him to it. In terms of Isaiah Kacyvenski he sounds like a good fit as he seems to be a guy that can fit in anywhere at LB, at least in Seattle's system, and definately helps that can play ST. I'd gladly welcome him over DiGiorgio based on his NFL Players.com bio page.

790719[/snapback]

You also have to be on the active roster more than six games (it may be nine) during a season to be ineligible. You can be on the 53 man roster but if you are not active on game day it doesn't count. Pizza man was inactive in game one, but active in two and three.

He's the type of player Poilian and Butler were always so good at signing for the Bills in situations like this.  Maybe Marv will put in a claim.  

But I have to wonder if he's be a good fit in the Tampa 2 scheme at his listed weight of 252 lbs...anybody know how well he runs?

Still, how can you not pull for a guy like this?

790723[/snapback]

Per his CNNSI.com predraft bio he ran a 4.83 which is the same time Keith Ellison ran. Though as stated before he's an ideal depth LB/special teamer which we have in the form of Stamer and Haggan although he does have experience playing MLB which could prove some worth to bring in. Of course he was due to make $1.5 million this year which is a bit high for a non starter.

He's from Syracuse.

He went to Harvard.

790700[/snapback]

this would be a great pickup. He defines "character" player using Marv's standards. He's from my hometown so I'm a bit biased but this guy plays his heart out.

Per his CNNSI.com predraft bio he ran a 4.83 which is the same time Keith Ellison ran.

790730[/snapback]

I doubt he as fast today as he was seven years ago.

Of course he was due to make $1.5 million this year which is a bit high for a non starter.

790730[/snapback]

I thought I read somewhare that he restructured so he'd only count $660,000 against the cap this year.

I doubt he as fast today as he was seven years ago.

I thought I read somewhare that he restructured so he'd only count $660,000 against the cap this year.

Yeah, his salary for this year is $600K. Very cheap for a 7th year player.

As for his ST's abilities, my Lindy's said he USED to be the best ST's player on the team. But he's got the experience that "It's not delivery" lacks, and he can easily be placed on the PS.

I don't.  The kid is an undrafted rookie from a Div-II school.  While he may have potential, I wouldn't want to see him play in a game this year.

790919[/snapback]

I agree that depth at the position is thin or at least unproven. Since when does playing at a DII school and being a free agent mean you can't or shouldn't play. He's been through a training camp and preseason like any other rookie. At this point, only his performance matters to the coaches. They might thinks he's capable of stepping in.

I don't.  The kid is an undrafted rookie from a Div-II school.  While he may have potential, I wouldn't want to see him play in a game this year.

790919[/snapback]

I agree that depth at the position is thin or at least unproven. Since when does playing at a DII school and being a free agent mean you can't or shouldn't play. He's been through a training camp and preseason like any other rookie. At this point, only his performance matters to the coaches. They might thinks he's capable of stepping in.