Qb situation.............

shagmago

Why the hell is it so black and white with people. Is it possible, just POSSIBLE, that he made some really bad plays and some really good ones? Yeah, those 2-3 horrible plays hurt the Bills but they don't mean that the rest of the game he had wasn't solid.

Imagine that, a young QB is inconsistent. :)

328 Yards, 1 TD, 1RuTD, 1 INT

awful day...  :)

784493[/snapback]

Does mean squat until you are consistant. That is what he is lacking and hopefully that will come with more time under center. He hurt the Bills more than he helped them today though.

Why the hell is it so black and white with people.  Is it possible, just POSSIBLE, that he made some really bad plays and some really good ones?  Yeah, those 2-3 horrible plays hurt the Bills but they don't mean that the rest of the game he had wasn't solid.

Imagine that, a young QB is inconsistent. :P

784509[/snapback]

Yeah, but finding a scapegoat is much more fun and much easier.

Quick, somebody get the torches and pitchforks! We've got our 9th QB in 10 years to burn at the stake!

:blink::P:)

Funny, I've seen a lot of HOF QB's do the same over the years...this isn't some kind of "made for TV" fictionalization, it's reality.   How many "live" situations like that has JP had so far in his career?

784518[/snapback]

Especially in pouring rain...

These are the same people that will be singing Losmans praises after a good game...sorry but that loss wasnt only on Losman...I thought some of the play calling was questionable...the refs didnt help, missed tackles on both the defense and special teams...cant blame Losman for the entire game

I was disappointed in a few of his plays and then upon further review... I remembered my commitment to be patient with him this year. We are not going to The Super Bowl this year, even with the excitement created by the Miami win. I am sure that many of the knowledgable fans realize that we will have some ups and downs with JP this year. Let's give him this year... enjoy the "ups", live through the "downs" and find out if he is an NFL quarterback. After all these years of the QB shuffle, I am ready, as a fan, to be patient with him.

Funny, I've seen a lot of HOF QB's do the same over the years...this isn't some kind of "made for TV" fictionalization, it's reality.  How many "live" situations like that has JP had so far in his career?

784518[/snapback]

The second fumble wasn't his fault at all.  McGahee didn't pick up the blitz or even slow the guy down.

JP was under seige all day.  Pennington had no pressure at all.  That was the difference.

784521[/snapback]

Two bilnd-side hits. Amazingly, even a good QB like Brady fumbles those if you recall.

784534[/snapback]

Didn't say they were his fault, the only reason why I said those things was to point out the other side of the stats.

The mistakes were the whole damn team's fault, and if they don't make them, they win, plain and simple.

In my opinion JP played a great game.  By far, his best!  By far.

We lst the game for 1 reason:  Absolutely no pass rush!

784530[/snapback]

Well, I wouldn't go that far. His decision-making has a lot to be desired. The guy on the other side managed the game much better. I realize that our pass-rush was invisible today, and that might have been the major difference, but you have to admit Pennington is a much more instinctive qb than JP. JP will learn from this...he has a lot of talent. I wish he run more instead of holding on to the football for five seconds.

In my opinion JP played a great game.  By far, his best!  By far.

We lst the game for 1 reason:  Absolutely no pass rush!

784530[/snapback]

You are going easy. JP was greater than great.

I don't know if I ever saw a better 90 mph pass on a 5 yd. out pattern in the history of NFL Football.

I don't know if I ever saw a better 90 mph pass on a 5 yd. out pattern in the history of NFL Football.

784590[/snapback]

I'm not gonna question your knowledge, because I know you know your football.

You do realize that throwing an out in 30 mph wind, is the toughest pass to throw, right?

Most think it's the deep ball, right into the wind, but it isn't.

Just figured I'd clue ya in, but I thought you would've known that already.

:)

784590[/snapback]

Yeah, I want my QB to put touch on the ball on an OUT PATTERN. :) The throw on an out pattern has to be hard otherwise it ends up going for 6 the other way.

784590[/snapback]

C'mon bill.I expect a little more from someone with your knowledge. The softly throw out pattern is a CB's wet dream, because its 6 points for the defense. Throw the out pattern hard or not at all.

I wish he run more instead of holding on to the football for five seconds.

784576[/snapback]

yes....there were a few times he should have taken off. That can be a nice part of his game, that he hasn't been using -- one more things that defenses would have to worry about.