What do you say to Jp after our loss to the Jets?

Not sure why JP is being bashed much at all.  The INT was a dumb pass.  He had no business throwing that ball there but hey, one pic in 3 games is pretty solid.  The fumble that went for the touchdown was not his fault at all McGahee whiffed on the block and it ended up being the turning point of the game.  McGahee made a block on two guys in the same play last week so we know he is somewhat capable of making that play.  Unfortunately it cost us b ig time.  The first fumble was kinda a bone head play on JP's part and the crowd was definitely calling for a challenge form Jauron.  I didnt get to see the replay cuz I was at the game but should he have challenged that one?  Kinda looked like he was trying to throw it.  And as for the last drive after the onside kick, it was 45mph wind gusts with sideways pouring rain at that point.  This game was lost on our defensive side of the ball.  A few drives we just couldn't make a stand.  We had no pass rush all day.  I wish Spikes would get healthy.  I can say I am relieved that our offense did come to life.  We just need to put a game together where the offense and defense are clicking in the same game.  But for everyone bashing Losman, I'm just not sure what game you were watching because I don't hold him responsible for this one at all.  I do feel like we don't have much of a red zone threat.  We don't have that go to TE or big WR that can come down with it.  Anyways, that's my thoughts. 

-Depressed Bills Fan

Oh ya and whoever said Pennington was brillant by hitting that screen pass on third down when we had an all out blitz going is out of their mind.  I could have thrown that pass with gangrene on my hand.  There was no one within 8 yards of the RB and the blitz was picked up perfectly.  Wide open

785200[/snapback]

Far from bashing JP, I think this the first time I have seen him play and walked away with the feeling that we have got ourselves a QB, finally. Those were terrible conditions and he was throwing the ball on target all day. He was a rocket launcher today. We clean up a few mistakes and get that defense straightened out and we are going to be just fine. I think the defensive collapse in the 4th Q was a lot more worrisome than anything we saw from JP.

I really can't believe that I am having to defend a QB who threw for over 300 and took us 77 yards in two minutes, scoring on his own on an impressive 12 yard run. Am I the only one who noticed how determined he was to get that ball in the endzone? Lets not kill this kid's confidence with criticism on a day where he did so many good things.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from bashing JP, I think this the first time I have seen him play and walked away with the feeling that we have got ourselves a QB, finally.  Those were terrible conditions and he was throwing the ball on target all day.  He was a rocket launcher today.  We clean up a few mistakes and get that defense straightened out and we are going to be just fine.  I think the defensive collapse in the 4th Q was a lot more worrisome than anything we saw from JP.

I really can't believe that I am having to defend a QB who threw for over 300 and took us 77 yards in two minutes, scoring on his own on an impressive 12 yard run.  Am I the only one who noticed how determined he was to get that ball in the endzone?  Lets not kill this kid's confidence with criticism on a day where he did so many good things.

785366[/snapback]

He'll hopefully bounce bad from this loss.

I see, so JP failed on third down, not the offense, just JP?

The Jets were 4 for 12 on third down, I guess they should get ready to bench Chad?  I am more concerned with the play calling on 3rd and 4 and similar downs.  I don't think we tried Willis on any of those despite our success on the ground.

Some of these numbers are misleading.  We had one nice drive where we got down to the Jet 35 and then promptly picked up 15 yard in penalties.  JP hit Roscoe for 22 on 3rd and 25 so it goes down as a missed third down opportunity but that really wasn't the whole story was it?  We went for it on 4th and he hit Reed, exactly where the play was designed to go but he came up just shy of the marker when the LB made a nice play. 

I think JP was the least of their problems when it came to sustaining drives today.

785353[/snapback]

Yeah, the Jets had a relatively low conversion percentage on third down. But they got away with that by generally avoiding getting into third down situations in the first place. The Bills didn't. As for the 22 yard pass play you mentioned, it was a short dump-off to Roscoe, who proceeded to get most of those 22 yards after the catch. In fact a lot of the plays we saw were like that: the QB makes a nice, short, safe throw, with the blocking all set up for the receiver to get a big gain after the catch. With the Bills' speed at receiver this makes a lot of sense; and it has the added benefit of not asking too much from the quarterback.

Yeah Quinns really been rippin it up this year

hahahahahahahhahaha

dying over here

785131[/snapback]

Um...Does Brady Quinn play defense? Did Tom Brady rip things up at Michigan?

Did Jake Delhomme rip things up in college???

Quinn is learing a pro offense...the learning curve for a guy like that will be MUCH shorter then a guy like JP...Quinn has excellent pocket awarness and to me he shows me he can be a leader.

As for JP, I understand he has only played 10 games....and I am 100% willing, as a fan, to be patient with JP and not make an instant conclusion on a player like SO many others here like to do...sometimes I believe some people on this board are more concerned with:

1. Being the 1st one to make an entire assessment on a player's future in 10 games or less.

2. Being the first to make a post and come up with an outrageous post that gets 100+ replys

Everyone just exhale and relax. We all knew this would be a up and down year. Let's just see what JP can do for the next 13 games and then reassess.

Yeah, the Jets had a relatively low conversion percentage on third down.  But they got away with that by generally avoiding getting into third down situations in the first place.  The Bills didn't. 

786060[/snapback]

Typical utter nonsense from you. Both teams had 12 third down situations. But the Bills had 9 more first downs in the game and 19 more overall plays in the game. So the Jets got in not only the same number of third down situations as the Bills, but a larger percentage of their four-down series than the Bills.

Yeah, the Jets had a relatively low conversion percentage on third down.  But they got away with that by generally avoiding getting into third down situations in the first place.

786060[/snapback]

Are you serious? The Bills and Jets had the exact same amount of 3rd down attempts: 12. The Jets converted 4 and the Bills converted 3. The team that, "generally avoided 3rd downs in the first place" was the Bills as they wracked up 26 first downs with only 3 coming on 3rd downs.

I really can't believe that I am having to defend a QB who threw for over 300 and took us 77 yards in two minutes, scoring on his own on an impressive 12 yard run. 

That 77 yard drive that impressed you took place against a prevent defense. It's easy to look good when that's what you're up against.

Yeah, the overall yardage total seems impressive. But 70 of those yards were against a prevent defense. Many more were the result of a WR such as Parrish turning a short pass into a long gain. Now you could say that sometimes a QB like Montana would help his receivers with YAC by hitting them in perfect stride. I really didn't see Losman doing that at all. The high YAC was because of the playcalling, blocking, and speed of the WRs, and not because Losman threw the ball with a Montana-like sense of timing. After taking all these things into account, Losman's yardage total begins to look a lot more similar to the one he had last week against Miami.

That 77 yard drive that impressed you took place against a prevent defense.  It's easy to look good when that's what you're up against. 

Yeah, the overall yardage total seems impressive.  But 70 of those yards were against a prevent defense.  Many more were the result of a WR such as Parrish turning a short pass into a long gain.  Now you could say that sometimes a QB like Montana would help his receivers with YAC by hitting them in perfect stride.  I really didn't see Losman doing that at all.  The high YAC was because of the playcalling, blocking, and speed of the WRs, and not because Losman threw the ball with a Montana-like sense of timing.  After taking all these things into account, Losman's yardage total begins to look a lot more similar to the one he had last week against Miami.

786087[/snapback]

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DOUCHE!

That 77 yard drive that impressed you took place against a prevent defense.  It's easy to look good when that's what you're up against. 

Yeah, the overall yardage total seems impressive.  But 70 of those yards were against a prevent defense.  Many more were the result of a WR such as Parrish turning a short pass into a long gain.  Now you could say that sometimes a QB like Montana would help his receivers with YAC by hitting them in perfect stride.  I really didn't see Losman doing that at all.  The high YAC was because of the playcalling, blocking, and speed of the WRs, and not because Losman threw the ball with a Montana-like sense of timing.  After taking all these things into account, Losman's yardage total begins to look a lot more similar to the one he had last week against Miami.

786087[/snapback]

JSP, can you open your poll again? I want to change my vote...

786087[/snapback]

It's time to realize that your crusade against all things non-Holcomb has become a campaign of lunacy. JP is growing, but you can't hit puberty without getting a couple zits along the way. Your arguments are growing pathetic, last week it was: Ya they won the game but he only had 88 yards. This week is Ya he had 330 yds but they lost. I'd say your sitting on the fence to play both sides but I really think you just like the sensation that the fence post gives... :blush:

It's time to realize that your crusade against all things non-Holcomb has become a campaign of lunacy.  JP is growing, but you can't hit puberty without getting a couple zits along the way.  Your arguments are growing pathetic, last week it was:  Ya they won the game but he only had 88 yards.  This week is Ya he had 330 yds but they lost.  I'd say your sitting on the fence to play both sides but I really think you just like the sensation that the fence post gives... :blush:

786109[/snapback]

Nah, this week he comes up with somehow saying Losman's 330 yards passing were basically the same as his 80 yards last week, because of YAC and a prevent defense.

Lets completely forget the fact that the Jets werent in a prevent defense. As you said, i honestly think HA needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist and possibly be perscribed some drugs to fix his numerous problems.

786087[/snapback]

I never get tired of this post. :blush: "Losman's yardage total begins to look a lot more similar to the one he had last week against Miami." How does 328 ever look similar to 83?

I never get tired of this post.  :blush:  "Losman's yardage total begins to look a lot more similar to the one he had last week against Miami."  How does 328 ever look similar to 83?

786140[/snapback]

Notice how he hasnt said a peep about Losman's YPA yesterday? Thats because it was 8.6 yards. Last week, JP's 4.9 YPA was gospel and he was never going to turn into anything. This week, his 8.6 YPA means nothing, because it doesnt fit the rant.

Notice how he hasnt said a peep about Losman's YPA yesterday? Thats because it was 8.6 yards. Last week, JP's 4.9 YPA was gospel and he was never going to turn into anything. This week, his 8.6 YPA means nothing, because it doesnt fit the rant.

786148[/snapback]

But most of that 8.6 YPA was after the catch, so it doesn't count.

Like receivers catch Holcomb's passes and stop dead in their tracks... :blush:

But most of that 8.6 YPA was after the catch, so it doesn't count.

Like receivers catch Holcomb's passes and stop dead in their tracks...  :blush:

786150[/snapback]

If two trains are heading toward each other, one's travelling at 500 MPH and the other 35 MPH, where will they intersect?

Holcomb's Arm? Or maybe we should consult VA.