For all those wanting Nugent

VABills

We hear that Jets PK Mike Nugent had a terrible warm-up prior to the Week 1 game at Tennessee, and that was weighing on his mind as he missed a point-after kick and two chip-shot field goals. While the Jets aren't looking to replace the 2005 second-round pick, they also are keeping their options open, bringing in Paul Edinger, Owen Pochman and Tyler Jones for tryouts. Word is the tryouts were intended to be a wake-up call for Nugent, who was handed the job in the first days of training camp. He responded positively in Week 2, making both PATs and his only FG try.

Is he already on the outs?

He's okay.  Tell me again how many probowls has he been to?  <_<

779600[/snapback]

I guess judging Moormans performance by # of pro-bowls is unfair to him.

Punters who usually have the highest gross average go to the pro-bowl.

All other stats like # of times pinned inside the 20, inside the 10 etc is ignored.

Shane Lechler who has been an outstanding punter and the one who usually goes to the pro-bowl plays in the confines of the Oakland stadium where the weather is not as wretched as in RWS during Nov/Dec. However Probowl voters don't take that aspect into consideration, especially considering that they are voting for a Punter, not the QB.

Hell and some here wanted Nugent and get rid of Lindell.  Tell me again how's Lindell doing?

779592[/snapback]

I was one who wanted Nugent, and I still have no explanation for how Lindell turned himself around. In 2004, he was 1/3 from 40+ with an attempted long of 43. Since then, he hasn't missed from beyond 50. Steriods? Anyone?

I was one who wanted Nugent, and I still have no explanation for how Lindell turned himself around.  In 2004, he was 1/3 from 40+ with an attempted long of 43.  Since then, he hasn't missed from beyond 50.  Steriods?  Anyone?

779671[/snapback]

your the only one bud

I was one who wanted Nugent, and I still have no explanation for how Lindell turned himself around.  In 2004, he was 1/3 from 40+ with an attempted long of 43.  Since then, he hasn't missed from beyond 50.  Steriods?  Anyone?

779671[/snapback]

It's my understanding that Schneck has as much, if not more, to do with Lindell's success than anything. Apparently, the speed and accuracy of the release from Schneck plays a critical role in the kicker's timing.

I, too, was for taking Nugent in the 3rd, or even trading into the late 2nd. At OSU, he was solid from 50+ and put KOs through the endzone. I don't know what happened to him. Maybe he's trying to coast w/o putting much work in the offseason. Maybe the Jets have a sh--head for a ST coach. Maybe he needs more time to adjust to the NFL speed....

Lindell's success has been great news. Word was (after the draft Nugent was in) that in his first season here RL had a shoulder injury that threw off his form. He committed to building up his leg strength. Having Schneck at LS has obviously helped him and Moorman. Since he's shown improvement and commitment to his game, I'm one of his strongest supporters.

At the time, I don't think it was entirely unreasonable to want to upgrade if we could, as FGs were projected to be important w/ a struggling O. Hindsight is 20/20. I don't recall anyone saying we should pick him in the 1st, tho.

Lindell was good last season and has been perfect so far this campaign. That doesn't change the fact that he was NOT good prior to that. He missed a ton of kicks and cost us games. Anyone who argues that, or who states that they had confidence in him prior to last season is full of sh--.

Nugent has struggled, for whatever reason (I don't make it a habit to watch the Jets). That doesn't change the fact that he is a special talent, or the fact that all kickers struggle at some point of their career.

779671[/snapback]

After the '04 season Lindell supposedly trained all offseason with a strength/kicking guru. Honestly, I don't know the guy's name but Lindell has repeatedly credited this guy with his improvement. I guess the guy focused on core strength in the midsection and hips, and made a small adjustment to Lindell's approach to the ball. Obviously the results last year speak for themselves, and Lindell trained with the guy again this past offseason. So far so good.

I don't know who this guy is but if I was a special teams coach, and I had a struggling kicker, I would sure as hell find out.

And like LA mentioned above, a solid snap can make all the difference, timing-wise.

Yeah, I remember you being a vocal Lindell supporter.  NOT.  <_<

779628[/snapback]

For being such a good search guy, and your Aaron Brooks thing.

:P

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...ndpost&p=484005

Lindell too looks good.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...ndpost&p=463759

Nope, I defended Lindell, but also recognized his limits.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...ndpost&p=453564

I think Reed is giving Lindell a run for the MVP of this team.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...ndpost&p=288420

As bad as Lindell is if we draft a kicker in the 2nd round, I may kick what ever is near me at the time.

Of course Mularky too, when everyone defended him. He was so good.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...ndpost&p=447884

I am sure the crew here will blame JP, Mcgahee, Lindell, Reed, Shelton, Edwards or TD, but not the coach. Of course not, coaching isn't responsible for the horrible play calling and our 1 of 6 inside the 20 and then only because of ill advised 4th and 2. Of that 3 runs on 1st down against TB.

Jesus, congrats Bill. I mean really. You saw that Lindell looked good halfway into last season. You're quite the fuggin' prognosticator. I can't believe no one has called you to scout directly for them.

You are such a retard, sometimes it's just amazing. It's pretty easy to support a guy who finally comes around and starts playing well - which is EXACTLY what you did. WTG! <_<

If Josh Reed is cut loose this offseason, we will rue the day. Especially since he'll likely end up someplace like Foxboro, where the coaches like players who do all the little things and aren't distractions when things aren't going their way.

You see, that's an example of supporting a player everyone else is down on when they aren't playing well.

Jesus, congrats Bill.  I mean really.  You saw that Lindell looked good halfway into last season.  You're quite the fuggin' prognosticator.  I can't believe no one has called you to scout directly for them.

You are such a retard, sometimes it's just amazing.  It's pretty easy to support a guy who finally comes around and starts playing well - which is EXACTLY what you did.  WTG!  <_<

You see, that's an example of supporting a player everyone else is down on when they aren't playing well.

779951[/snapback]

Huh. One of those is fom last March. The others are mid september after the first and second week.

Since when is that mid season. Is that some kind of VABills math? :P

those people should have there heads examined.

779682[/snapback]

C'mon bro...you haven't been here that long, but you've been here waaaay long enough to realize that if there is something retarded to say about the Bills, someone on TBD will say it....

*Not saying that wanting Nuge was retarded....I didn't care either way.

Huh.  One of those is fom last March.  The others are mid september after the first and second week. 

Since when is that mid season.  Is that some kind of VABills math?   <_<

779962[/snapback]

"Nope, I defended Lindell." Was from OCTOBER 3rd. That would be after week four. Lindell was EIGHT FOR EIGHT at that point. As far as defending him, don't ever attempt to make money as an attorney. You couldn't make a weaker case when you're only backup is you didn't want to draft a kicker in Round 2.

"I think Reed is giving Lindell a run for MVP" is retarded at the week 3 mark. It does nothing but show how bad we were.

"Lindell too looks good" is from OCTOBER 25TH. That was the middle of WEEK EIGHT (hence my middle of the season comment). Lindell was THIRTEEN for THIRTEEN in FGs by that date. Thanks Captain Obvious.

As far as the "thought" from March, saying you don't want to pick a kicker in the second round is a real stretch.

That's some amazing analysis, Bill. You should be sending out resumes as fast as the copier can spit the !@#$ing things out.