How do you think Miami feels right now?

H2o

Are you seriously suggesting that Nick Saban gave his first year O-coordinator some say in his personell decision-making?!

I don't think so.

778100[/snapback]

After Big Bennie's performance last year I would hope Saban would have taken that advice and listened ...............Or does the great-one (saban that is) suffer the same problem that the other great-one TD has (I know everything syndrome) ??? It's either that or Mularkey actually thinks Fat Bennie is good?????

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the same Bennie Anderson they were stupid for signing!

Are you seriously suggesting that Nick Saban gave his first year O-coordinator some say in his personell decision-making?!

I don't think so.

778100[/snapback]

you don't think mularkey didn't have any weight in the signing of anderson? i'm not saying he was the decisive factor in him signing, just that he was undoubtedly queried about it. my point is that i suspect that he played at least some role in the signing of anderson. also, as you probably know, i'm no hater of mularkey.

you don't think mularkey didn't have any weight in the signing of anderson?

I haven't the foggiest idea and neoither does anybody else on this board. But attempting to point out that Mularkey is a poor coordinator because the phish signed Bennie Anderson is spurious at best and moronic at worst.

I haven't the foggiest idea and neoither does anybody else on this board. But attempting to point out that Mularkey is a poor coordinator because the phish signed Bennie Anderson is spurious at best and moronic at worst.

778323[/snapback]

Sounds to me like something Mike Schopp would say :doh:

There are those who are gamers and those who do not have their finger on the pulse of what is truly happening. Mularkey is the latter. I don't care if his offenses were top 5 in Pittsburgh under Cowher, a HOF coach who earns the respect of his players. When Mularkey had the chance, he had in-fighting amongst his staff and a divided lockerroom. His personnel didn't have faith in the playcalling, and the overall identity of what Mularkey was doing as a team. You don't earn the unquestioned faith of your subordinates by tucking tail when adversity hits, and the teams failure on the road and lack of intestinal fortitude was a direct reflection of the HC and his lack of an identity. Mularkey could not maximize his personnel, point blank simple. He could not adjust to what was happening on the field, he could not stop a situation from snowballing. He was repeatedly overmatched when he didn't have a guy like Bill Cowher to help set the tone. Mularkey's a nice guy, he can marry my sister, just don't go near my football team.

Yesterday was a prime example of why I was doing cartwheels when he resigned. He has got to be the most over-hyped offensive co-ordinator I've ever heard of next to Norv Turner. I think him and Norv are side-by-side for "who's the most overrated" offensive mind.

777837[/snapback]

ya norv only one a superbowl what does he know

778323[/snapback]

well, i didn't say that he was a poor coordinator (nothing even close, actually), so you're outta line.

Sounds to me like something Mike Schopp would say  :doh:

778329[/snapback]

I've never heard or seen Mike Schopp and frankly don't know where I would.

But if he thinks it's idiotic to assess a guys abiulity to call a game by bringing up stuff that happened off-field during the off-season, I'd say he's right.

He was repeatedly overmatched when he didn't have a guy like Bill Cowher to help set the tone.

Please tell me you're no seriously suggesting that Cowher is an X's and O's guy who Mularkey relied on fir his success in P'burgh. :doh:

I've never heard or seen Mike Schopp and frankly don't know where I would.

But if he thinks it's idiotic to assess a guys abiulity to call a game by bringing up stuff that happened off-field during the off-season, I'd say he's right.

778342[/snapback]

well, i said nothing of the sort. but carry on.

We already know his password is SUPERBOWL. :doh:

778355[/snapback]

LOL. I was afraid no one would pick up on that. That's true, we do have it and we could probably gain access to it because no one in Miami would come to his aid when a bunch of enraged Bills fans came to collect reparations for two years of misery under his sh------- regime.

Please tell me you're no seriously suggesting that Cowher is an X's and O's guy who Mularkey relied on fir his success in P'burgh.  :doh:

778343[/snapback]

So Cowher had no bearing on what that team did, and it's merely a coincedence that in his 2+ years since he left Pittsburgh his offenses have looked like a disjointed and disgruntled band of misfits...

well, i said nothing of the sort. but carry on.

778352[/snapback]

I didn't mean to imply that you had. It was a reference to other posters.

Sorry if it came across wrong.

it's merely a coincedence that in his 2+ years since he left Pittsburgh his offenses have looked like a disjointed and disgruntled band of misfits

Is it a co-incidence that Mularkey went from working with one of the league's better OLines to working with a couple poor ones? Wierd how personell can have an effect on a coaches ability to succeed. Who'd have thunk it?!

Is it a co-incidence that after Mularkey called a P'burgh offense that twice finished in the top5 of the NFL, his successor has never managed to call an offense that finished higher than 16th? Supergenius Cowher must have only been drawing up X's and O's while Mularkey was there. :doh:

And then they promptly won the Super Bowl as soon as he was gone.

778403[/snapback]

I'm sure the rehiring of Dick Lebeau had nothing to do with it. I mean he's only one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of football, what effect could he have possibly had in the Stillers throttling of the Indy, Cincy, Denver and Seattle offenses. :doh:

I'm sure the rehiring of Dick Lebeau had nothing to do with it. I mean he's only one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of football, what effect could he have possibly had in the Stillers throttling of the Indy, Cincy, Denver and Seattle offenses.  :doh:

778419[/snapback]

LMFAO

Dude, what IS it with you and Mularkey?

The guy's been shuffled around more than a deck of cards.