How do you think Miami feels right now?

H2o

LMFAO

Dude, what IS it with you and Mularkey?

The guy's been shuffled around more than a deck of cards.

778421[/snapback]

Is this the first thread you have replied in about a week and a half that you haven't replied with something dirogetory about the Dolphins? i.e. "DIIIIIE Dolphins Die" or "!@#$ the Dolphins"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMFAO

Dude, what IS it with you and Mularkey?

The guy's been shuffled around more than a deck of cards.

778421[/snapback]

Dick Lebeau's run through last season's playoffs was one of the most incredible jobs that has ever been done by a pro coach in the modern history of the NFL. Are you suggesting that when somebody suggst that Mularkey's Top5 offenses were holding the Stillers back and they won the SUperBowl because he left that I should just ignore Lebeau's incredible contribution after he was rehired?

What color is the sky in your people's world?

I'm sure the rehiring of Dick Lebeau had nothing to do with it. I mean he's only one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of football, what effect could he have possibly had in the Stillers throttling of the Indy, Cincy, Denver and Seattle offenses.  :doh:

778419[/snapback]

So the addition of one person made a difference but the subtraction of another person -- a person who, upon leaving, watched his former offense win something like THIRTEEN STRAIGHT !@#$ING GAMES WITH A ROOKIE QB -- means nothing.

I think you're just trying to but people's balls and get them into a lather, so I'll step away from this trainwreck now.

Dick Lebeau's run through last season's playoffs was one of the most incredible jobs that has ever been done by a pro coach in the modern history of the NFL. Are you suggesting that when somebody suggst that Mularkey's Top5 offenses were holding the Stillers back and they won the SUperBowl because he left that I should just ignore Lebeau's incredible contribution after he was rehired?

What color is the sky in your people's world?

778435[/snapback]

Mike Mularkey's offense was THROTTLED in the AFC championship game, IIRC.

Mularkey could be the greatest OC in the history of the NFL.....but I'm still glad he's gone. Last season was nothing short of embarrassing. I certainly don't expect us to be in the Super Bowl this year, but you can already tell that this team is on much more solid footing than last years.

All I know is that he's a Dolphin now. That makes him their problem and our enemy.

GO BILLS!

So the addition of one person made a difference but the subtraction of another person -- a person who, upon leaving, watched his former offense win something like THIRTEEN STRAIGHT !@#$ING GAMES WITH A ROOKIE QB -- means nothing.

If the addition of one person is one of the greatest football minds of all time and he proceeds to shut down 4 high powered offenses in 4 straight playoff games, then I'd say yes he he made a significant difference.

And are you suggesting that Turnover Tommy Maddox was a superior QB to Roethlisberger. :doh:

Mike Mularkey's offense was THROTTLED in the AFC championship game, IIRC.

In 2001 Pittsburgh lost to NE 24-17 in the AFC championship.

In 2002 P'burgh was eliminated in the divisional round when they lost to Tennessee 34-31.

I'd hardly pin these playoff exits on Mularkey's offense being throttled.

I never thought we'd see such an arguement about Mularkey on this board again.......although it doesn't seem to be as much about Mularkey as "my balls are bigger than yours."

778469[/snapback]

Yeah, my continual insistence on bringing facts into the discussion is definitely all about balls.

Squawk.....tapr wanna cracker.....squawk.....

Yeah, my continual insistence on bringing facts into the discussion is definitely all about balls.

Squawk.....tapr wanna cracker.....squawk.....

778482[/snapback]

Mularkey failed as head coach in Buffalo. I think he showed promise at times, but in the end, he lost the faith of the owner of the team, after or perhaps simultaneously with losing the faith of the faithful. His play-calling here was predictable, it was just uncoventional. 1st and goal from the 2? Why, let's pass it. It didn't seem to work often enough. Honestly, if it had worked, and the Bills flourished, who cares? It didn't work. He had an opportunity to stick around one more year, and if this was his year, and his style worked, who cares? He chose to leave, ipso facto failure-o.

So, since leaving Pittsburg, he struggled, finished strong, lost a football team the next year, and is part of a struggling Dolfink offense. It's only 2 games into the season, so maybe he turns it around down there. It's happened before, just not very often.

What else matters?