How do you think Miami feels right now?

H2o

Ronnie Brown had two carries in the second half.

That's all that needs to be said.

Mularkey trys to outthink the opponent and it always comes back to haunt him.

Thats what I like about this coaching staff. They have a plan and they stick with it. No funny stuff.........they just flat out play football.

Mularkeys rinky dink trick plays are just laughable.

For some reason Mularkey goes against whats working in a half of football and totally changes it up and goes with Culpepper for the second half and look what happens. :pirate:

Dick Jauron is clearly the better coach and thank you Mike for giving up on this team. Best thing that could ever happen for us.

The Dolphins offense was not horrid last year at all. They used there weapons.

Does anyone not see in the past two games that the Fins are not using there players correctly? There loaded on offense but yet they look like Little League football players out there.

Playcalling....playcalling....playcalling......

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is, you like Mularkey

Actuallly that's not a fact at all. I really don't have any strong feelings about him either way and wasn't overly distraught when he left. I appreciated what a fine job he did when in his rookie campaign he went 9-7 with the abysmal Drew Bledsoe in the toughest division in football. Not an achievement to be taken lightly. He didn't do a good job the following year but I recognize a lot of extenuating circumstances that would have submarined nearly every coach on this planet.

The only reason I started this discussion is that I was tired of the repeated idiocy that was running rampant on this board (i.e. some clown above is ragging Mularkey for punting from his own 40! :angry: ) and just wanted to attempt to add some semblance of reason to the discussion.

Oh, and my response to keggypooh which you referenced had nothing to do with Mularkey and was in reference to another issue entirely.

Mr. Moderator likes to lead by example.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was Be Nice to Mindless Trolling Stalkers Day. :angry:

Ronnie Brown had two carries in the second half.

That's all that needs to be said........

For some reason Mularkey goes against whats working in a half of football and totally changes it up and goes with Culpepper for the second half and look what happens.

miami didn't go to a pass heavy offense til they were down 16-0 in the 4th qrtr.

At the end of the 3rd quarter Mularkey had called 19 running plays and 19 passing plays. While it looks like perfect balance, in the modern NFL that is actually considered a run heavy offense, especially when you've spent almost the whole game playing from behind.

During the 3rd quarter the phish also called twice as many run plays as they did pass plays even though they were already down by two scores the first time they got the ball.

But don't let reality get in the way of some mindless bashing. :angry:

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was Be Nice to Mindless Trolling Stalkers Day.  :angry:

780138[/snapback]

That's funny, seeing how you can count the number of times I've replied to you in the past year on one hand before this week. Keep trying Mr. Mod, you might actually make a point one of these days.

That's funny, seeing how you can count the number of times I've replied to you in the past year on one hand before this week. Keep trying Mr. Mod, you might actually make a point one of these days.

The fact that all your responses to me are of the same vein, your former title of !@#$ simon, and your repeated references to my duties as moderator tell me all I need to know about your motivations and insecurities.

No he won't. You know it, I know it.

Your cracking on somebody else for failing to make any point could best be defined with the word irony. I look forward to see which way our new weathervane will be pointing next week......or tomorrow.

I won't be acknowledging either of your blatherings in this thread again so know now that in the future if you gentlemen want to rag on me feel free to do so, but either limit your personal attacks to the PPP board or to the subject of football as nobody wants to see your empty-headed foolishness cluttering up the main board.

Mike Mularkey is a great OC!

780390[/snapback]

Your words not mine. Although the fact that he's coached more than one top5 offense probably means that he doesn't suck either. But I'm aware that in your world there is no room for middle ground. Anyways, congrats on the construction of yet another fine straw man; you're always good for a chuckle. :angry:

Your words not mine. Although the fact that he's coached more than one top5 offense probably means that he doesn't suck either. But I'm aware that in your world there is no room for middle ground. Anyways, congrats on the construction of yet another fine straw man; you're always good for a chuckle.  :angry:

780397[/snapback]

That was quick. Good to know you're a man of your word.

:angry:

I think all this infantile bashing of Mularkey is ill-informed and embarassing.

The problem with the phish offense isn't Mularkey; anybody who's been paying a modicum of attention to miami realizes that the problem with the phish offense is the same problem as it's been for years now. Their offensive line is absolutely putrid and will be the primary reason they're no better than .500.

There's not an offensive co-ordinator on this planet that could be succesful with garbage like LJ Shelton, Bennie Anderson and Jeno James. But y'all feel free to continue making yourself look like mindless parrots.

778056[/snapback]

Correct to a point but how can you let Mularkey off the hook? He once again gave up on the run way to early. They were only down by 7 in the 3rd quarter, at home, against a team that is suspect agianst the run. Yet they were passing on almost every down. On top of that, the Dolphins were having big problems pass blocking and reading Fewell's defensive alignments. Seem like a good time to simplify the offense.

Your right, Mularkey has a poor OL to work with. However, good coaches play to the strengths of their players and they help cover their weaknesses. Mularkey fails in this area. He never met a trick play he didn't like.

Correct to a point but how can you let Mularkey off the hook?  He once again gave up on the run way to early.  They were only down by 7 in the 3rd quarter, at home, against a team that is suspect agianst the run.  Yet they were passing on almost every down.  On top of that, the Dolphins were having big problems pass blocking and reading Fewell's defensive alignments.  Seem like a good time to simplify the offense. 

Your right, Mularkey has a poor OL to work with.  However, good coaches play to the strengths of their players and they help cover their weaknesses.  Mularkey fails in this area.  He never met a trick play he didn't like.

780401[/snapback]

totally agree...Mularkey is a great innovative mind, and is a great X's and O's kind of guy. But he seems like he is too smart for his own good, the proverbial book smart street dumb kind of coach. He gets so enamored with the potential big plays he sees on the field that he doesn't set up his personnel into a position to succeed. He's too busy installing the jacuzzi in the master suite before he's even finished building the foundation. He seems incapable at times of taking what he's given and making it work.

They were only down by 7 in the 3rd quarter, at home, against a team that is suspect agianst the run. Yet they were passing on almost every down.

Incorrect on two counts. The first time they got the ball in the 3rdquarter they were down 10-0. And then they actually ran the ball more in the 3rd quarter than they threw it. In their last series of the 3rd they ran 3 straight times even though they were down by two scores. It wasn't until they were down 16-0 in the 4th quarter that they understandably went to a pass heavy offense. Before the 4th qrtr they were sticking with what is a considered a run heavy offense in the NFL.

Just because a lot of loud people are yelling about something does not make them correct. Check the numbers for yourself before you believe what others say.

Cya

Incorrect on two counts. The first time they got the ball in the 3rdquarter they were down 10-0. And then they actually ran the ball more in the 3rd quarter than they threw it. In their last series of the 3rd they ran 3 straight times even though they were down by two scores. It wasn't until they were down 16-0 in the 4th quarter that they understandably went to a pass heavy offense. Before the 4th qrtr they were sticking with what is a considered a run heavy offense in the NFL.

Just because a lot of loud people are yelling about something does not make them correct. Check the numbers for yourself before you believe what others say.

Cya

780411[/snapback]

I stand corrected on the third quarter score. and good research on the play count. I would not call their playcalling "run heavy" but certainly it was more balanced than most of us percieved.

That said, I am still quite comfortable with Mularkey being the OC for Miami.

Cya

780411[/snapback]

Simon, I believe you on the number of called running plays. I'm still arguing that Brown should have been featured.

And just because some one has a picture of themselves picking their boogers, that doesn't mean they don't use a tissue every now and again. But until he breaks them out, it's a garauntee that he will be flickin, wipin, or eatin them somewhere.

I think all this infantile bashing of Mularkey is ill-informed and embarassing.

The problem with the phish offense isn't Mularkey; anybody who's been paying a modicum of attention to miami realizes that the problem with the phish offense is the same problem as it's been for years now. Their offensive line is absolutely putrid and will be the primary reason they're no better than .500.

There's not an offensive co-ordinator on this planet that could be succesful with garbage like LJ Shelton, Bennie Anderson and Jeno James. But y'all feel free to continue making yourself look like mindless parrots.

778056[/snapback]

i didnt read the entire thread, so maybe this was pointed out in between, sorry if it was

but do you remember where Mularkey was before the Bills? let me refresh your memory

he was a OC with the Steelers, a team that had arguably one of the better lines in the league and their offense was abysmal, and as soon as Cower got rid of him, they had an offense that was a contender... coincidence? i think not

MM is garbage... always will be, granted things in miami, talent wise are pretty bad as you pointed out, but even if they had the best line in the league they woudl still be inept offensively, everywhere mularkey goes is the case, how he ever became heralded as a great OC is beyond me

but do you remember where Mularkey was before the Bills? let me refresh your memory he was a OC with the Steelers, a team that had arguably one of the better lines in the league and their offense was abysmal,.......

even if they had the best line in the league they woudl still be inept offensively, everywhere mularkey goes is the case, how he ever became heralded as a great OC is beyond me

Mularkey's P'burgh offenses twice finished in the top 5 of the NFL in total offense.