"Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Update

IDBillzFan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

As an update to the competition...

Of the 102 entries at the beginning of the contest, there are now three finalists heading into Week 5: Tennesseeboy, Exiled in Illinois and Matt in DC.

Both Tennesseeboy and Matt in DC picked the Bills to lose vs. Chicago while the dude who actually lives in Illinois has picked the Bills to win.

I just want to take this moment and say that I am shocked...SHOCKED...that 99 of you couldn't accurately pick the Bills' record back in April before the draft.

As our finalists prepare for this week's game, I leave you with a quote from a notable Illinois duo: We're on a mission from God.

The original contest thread is linked in the beginning of this thread, so please check yourselves to ensure I didn't miss you.

I'll note that if we had a team of trained monkeys picking the games, one in sixteen would have it right, or between six and seven. 

This means, of course, that TBD users are twice as dumb as monkeys.  But we knew that already.

797403[/snapback]

I won't question your conclusion ( :devil: ) but your method is a little flawed. The odds of picking the Bills record, in order, at random, is 1/65536. That would be (1/2)^16...

I won't question your conclusion ( :devil: ) but your method is a little flawed. The odds of picking the Bills record, in order, at random, is 1/65536. That would be (1/2)^16...

797418[/snapback]

Note to self : create 65534 user id's on the board so I can enter every record possible in next years contest. Figure on not needing a 0-16 or 16-0 entry.

797418[/snapback]

And the odds after only 4 games would be (1/2) ^ 4... or 1 in 16.

Of the 102 entries at the beginning of the contest, there are now three finalists heading into Week 5: Tennesseeboy, Exiled in Illinois and Matt in DC.

Both Tennesseeboy and Matt in DC picked the Bills to lose vs. Chicago while the dude who actually lives in Illinois has picked the Bills to win.

I just want to take this moment and say that I am shocked...SHOCKED...that 99 of you couldn't accurately pick the Bills' record back in April before the draft.

As our finalists prepare for this week's game, I leave you with a quote from a notable Illinois duo: We're on a mission from God.

The original contest thread is linked in the beginning of this thread, so please check yourselves to ensure I didn't miss you.

797377[/snapback]

Well I'm certainly hoping that Exiled in Illinois is the only one left after this week.... If we do lose, I wonder how long we'll continue to WLWLWL alternating weeks.

Trivia: what is the longest stretch the Bills have ever gone winning exactly every other game?

Well I'm certainly hoping that Exiled in Illinois is the only one left after this week....  If we do lose, I wonder how long we'll continue to WLWLWL alternating weeks.

Trivia: what is the longest stretch the Bills have ever gone winning exactly every other game?

797585[/snapback]

But then we could be the anti-Pats, with their "never losing two games in a row since 2002". We could be the team that never wins or loses two games in a row.

I got the secret mojo working...

In 1999 I carved (mowed) "Go Sabres" into the lawn at work... It got erased by one Chicago fan here before the Dallas series ended... After I blabbed my mouth...

This past June, "Thank You Sabres" had a terrible sting... And didn't pass the conceptual stage and the supervision chain (ie: somebody mowed the lawn first).

This time... Totally stealth!

Even in enemy territory, I managed to sneak in "Go Bills"... Not exactly in my best John Deeremanship... But it is there... (I had to work fast without the cover of night) I did it Thursday on our lower lawn (under Midway flight pattern from the east-northeast)... Touched it up today.

Didn't say A WORD till now... It is safe till game day!

My official excuse is that the lawn was real wet and I couldn't get "every area"...

Just... Go Bills!

:lol::D

797377[/snapback]

And now it's down to two. What's the rest of their picks look like?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up myself.....

Tennesseeboy:

Sep 10 @New England (L)

Sep 17 @Miami (W)

Sep 24 N.Y. Jets (L)

Oct 1 Minnesota (W)

Oct 8 @Chicago (L)

Oct 15 @Detroit (W)

Oct 22 New England (L)

Nov 5 Green Bay (L)

Nov 12 @Indianapolis(L)

Nov 19 @Houston (W)

Nov 26 Jacksonville (L)

Dec 3 San Diego (L)

Dec 10 @N.Y. Jets (W)

Dec 17 Miami (L)

Dec 24 Tennessee (L)

Dec 31 @Baltimore (L)

5-11

Matt In DC:

L - Sep 10 @New England

W - Sep 17 @Miami

L - Sep 24 N.Y. Jets

W - Oct 1 Minnesota

L - Oct 8 @Chicago

W - Oct 15 @Detroit

L - Oct 22 New England

W - Nov 5 Green Bay

L - Nov 12 @Indianapolis

L - Nov 19 @Houston

W - Nov 26 Jacksonville

L - Dec 3 San Diego

W - Dec 10 @N.Y. Jets

L - Dec 17 Miami

W - Dec 24 Tennessee

L - Dec 31 @Baltimore

7-9

And now it's down to two. What's the rest of their picks look like?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up myself.....

Matt In DC:

L - Sep 10 @New England

W - Sep 17 @Miami

L - Sep 24 N.Y. Jets

W - Oct 1 Minnesota

L - Oct 8 @Chicago

W - Oct 15 @Detroit

L - Oct 22 New England

W - Nov 5 Green Bay

L - Nov 12 @Indianapolis

L - Nov 19 @Houston

W - Nov 26 Jacksonville

L - Dec 3 San Diego

W - Dec 10 @N.Y. Jets

L - Dec 17 Miami

W - Dec 24 Tennessee

L - Dec 31 @Baltimore

7-9

799743[/snapback]

I think I should have said W against Houston and L against Jacksonville, but I still think we're on track for 7-9 this year, and clear signs of improvement heading into next year.

I think I should have said W against Houston and L against Jacksonville, but I still think we're on track for 7-9 this year, and clear signs of improvement heading into next year.

799781[/snapback]

I agree W over Houston and L over Jags however Miami will NOT win in Buffalo in Dec given how well Meathead is running the offense. I predict a blustery snowy day and meathead game plan will be to throw deep patterns all day. Bills secondary will feast on the few passes that actually leave the QB hands before the rest of the team is going sack happy <_<